• Show
Clear All

Let’s go get Drummond or Dieng
    Lets go get Jabari Parker

Play in then Playoff basketball

Lets go

Jabari Parker is a nice add to the playoff depth behind Pascal

Comment

Seems Kelly Olynuk might be available..him and Myers bring him in, both from heat, play heat good D..get that bum..Baynes out of here..

P.S

We have 3 roster spots available..even more.. start releasing Staley, McCaw, Baynes..F%$$ ammmm
      Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sat Mar 27, 2021, 01:18 PM.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I doubt Raptors go for a center in the buyout market. Raptors are 9 games below .500, I think Masai will just let this season ride and if Raptors somehow make the Playoffs, so be it, or they get a decent lottery pick and address the C spot in the off-season. Aron Baynes does have a team option on the 2nd year of his contract, so he is probably not going to be around next season.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          We dont need anyone else more than we need a top 10 pick.
          Again, this is precisely the problem.

By moving Norm for youth
          By moving Thomas and Davis for picks
          Masai/Bobby clearly demonstrated their choice was to mild tank for a better draft slot and the future

But by failing to find a dance partner for Lowry, the mild tank got more difficult, unless Masai is putting continuing faith in the Raptor's worse record (by far) with Kyle in the lineup. Brilliant!

If the plan is to play OK and drift down for a better draft position, they sure aren't bringing in a buyout centre to improve the team. We just gave up a season high record in rebounding and no one batted an eye. The Captain's already took the first life boat ....

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Booooo
            BoooOff
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

nba_4_life wrote: View Post

is he a good rebounder?
              Similar to Baynes I think.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Similar to Baynes I think.
                So...Yes?

Comment

Bring me Gorgui Dieng or bring me death... er, tanking.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Again, this is precisely the problem.

By moving Norm for youth
                    By moving Thomas and Davis for picks
                    Masai/Bobby clearly demonstrated their choice was to mild tank for a better draft slot and the future

But by failing to find a dance partner for Lowry, the mild tank got more difficult, unless Masai is putting continuing faith in the Raptor's worse record (by far) with Kyle in the lineup. Brilliant!

If the plan is to play OK and drift down for a better draft position, they sure aren't bringing in a buyout centre to improve the team. We just gave up a season high record in rebounding and no one batted an eye. The Captain's already took the first life boat ....
                    What exactly about moving Thomas and Davis for picks had anything to do with winning now versus later? Both players had played themselves off the floor, the team needed pick replenished anyway, and Davis had the Norm problem (looming FA) hanging over him as well.

The front office I'm sure will be delighted if they make the playoffs. All they showed is they weren't willing to spend assets to increase the odds of that happening. Meaning they are OK with the team slipping and settling for a higher pick in this weird season. Doesn't mean that's the goal. Just that they aren't actively avoiding it.

I suspect if they can add a guy for the minimum that helps them make the playoffs, they will do so. Not wanting to spend assets is different from just signing a guy.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Even if some bigs become available like Dieng.. I don't know if we will have any interest. Are we really buyers at this point? How hungry are we for the play in? Seems like a waste of time frankly. We are 9 games back of .500 with 27 games left. This season is toast.

Could very easily hit .500. They already had a stretch where they won >60% of their games for a while before getting hit by COVID. They can do so again, and more with any NBA quality C. Heck they win last night against one of the top West teams if not for the Baynes minutes.

But if they keep playing Baynes so much, I am starting to run out of explanations besides them wanting to lose.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                        If we could get Teague and Dieng for this playoff push... That would be nice!!
                        Teague!? Hell no that dude is atrocious. Stay far far away from that dumpster fire. We got flynn as the backup and that's more than enough.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Is Jabari Parker or Mo Harkless available?
                          they are jabari would help bench scoring but beyond that nah.. harkless not sure how he helps. i'd rather parker but at the same time meh.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Could very easily hit .500. They already had a stretch where they won >60% of their games for a while before getting hit by COVID. They can do so again, and more with any NBA quality C. Heck they win last night against one of the top West teams if not for the Baynes minutes.

But if they keep playing Baynes so much, I am starting to run out of explanations besides them wanting to lose.
                            is what im hoping for I want baynes

Comment

Aldridge heading to Brooklyn

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Aldridge heading to Brooklyn
                                Wasn't difficult but...called it

Comment

Working...
                                X