Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #46 (the space-time continuum has been corrected) Trailblazers at Raptors Sunday March 28 7pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a lot of negativity going on here.
    The one guy says he permaneny bails on the raps completely because we didn't trade Kyle. The next says the trade sucks after only 2 games with the new team? The next says the tank continues? Seems like a lot of raptor professional complainers combined with random bail out bandwagon jumpers today.

Might I suggest looking at some of the positives a bit more and cheering for the team and enjoying some of the good things they do. Siakiam is now playing at an all star level.
    Boucher had a good game. If you stick lowry in that game it's probably a win. Take Fred out of this game and his 8 assists, you lose by 20.
    Put in any half decent center, you also win this game. It's all positive, we keep losing we get a good draft pick, we start winning, we get to enjoy the playoffs.

Comment

• Another fun game for the most part. Tough to score only 10 points in a quarter against the worst defending team in the league. That's a good reason why we are now 10 games back of .500. I thought we did a pretty good job of defending their back court. Just felt like we missed our opportunities on offense to win this one. Again, having a competent center would have won this one, but it is what it is now.

Trent didn't have a great game.. but neither did Norm on the other side. I thought Hood played pretty well. Weird seeing a bench guy actually produce a little on this team. Fred was pretty bad overall but he can be a mixed bag. Thought Pascal played great. He needs some help at C so he can get some energy in the second half of games. OG kept falling. The guy gets hit a lot. Hope he's okay.

This next part of the schedule for the next little while now looks super soft. Will be interesting to see what happens. Some pride is on the line, but a better lottery odd isn't a bad thing either. Wonder if we just randomly rest guys now through out the rest of the season. It's a back to back tonight.. maybe we could give OG or Pascal a night off against Detroit.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
        There is a lot of negativity going on here.
        The one guy says he permaneny bails on the raps completely because we didn't trade Kyle. The next says the trade sucks after only 2 games with the new team? The next says the tank continues? Seems like a lot of raptor professional complainers combined with random bail out bandwagon jumpers today.

Might I suggest looking at some of the positives a bit more and cheering for the team and enjoying some of the good things they do. Siakiam is now playing at an all star level.
        Boucher had a good game. If you stick lowry in that game it's probably a win. Take Fred out of this game and his 8 assists, you lose by 20.
        Put in any half decent center, you also win this game. It's all positive, we keep losing we get a good draft pick, we start winning, we get to enjoy the playoffs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          10 points in the third quarter but 13 threes.

Honestly, I have no idea how they are even in these games. Should have lost by 20.
          May need to come to terms that their flaws are by design. There is more to lose than gain by addressing these issues this late in the season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

LOL....my eyes!!!

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
              There is a lot of negativity going on here.

Totally agree, it is a positive that if "we keep losing we get a good draft pick". That is not a negative. I think that is the best thing for the team. I'll watch every game with interest, I hope Siakam can work on some things through the balance of the year, I hope Flynn can see some development, I hope Trent Jr. can help team defense, I hope we rotate and rest core and veteran players, I hope we work with young and new players to see their potential, I hope we don't address our needs at center this year, I hope we lose as many games as possible this year, because I don't think this year matters and I want to build toward next year and address our needs in the offseason.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Totally agree, it is a positive that if "we keep losing we get a good draft pick". That is not a negative. I think that is the best thing for the team. I'll watch every game with interest, I hope Siakam can work on some things through the balance of the year, I hope Flynn can see some development, I hope Trent Jr. can help team defense, I hope we rotate and rest core and veteran players, I hope we work with young and new players to see their potential, I hope we don't address our needs at center this year, I hope we lose as many games as possible this year, because I don't think this year matters and I want to build toward next year and address our needs in the offseason.
                It is hard to see the team lose its swagger because they know they can't close like they used to. They felt so in control the championship year and that carried over to last year pre-bubble and it's totally gone now. It's a hard intangible to get but the great teams have it. They just know/think they're going to beat you in the clutch.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No, but it could be about drafting a player that can help. We could use a shooting guard and a center. I don't believe it's generational talent or bust. There's a few good looking shooting guards projected to go in the lottery.
                  If this is the justification then the 5 yr plan is set....

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

If this is the justification then the 5 yr plan is set....

What do you suggest the Raptors do?

Comment

What do you suggest the Raptors do?
                      Too late...Where were you before March 25?

“A few good looking shooting guards” in this upcoming draft was not exactly what I wanted...

Because we have so many holes to fill with 1 first round draft pick...we also have two 28 yrs old middling talents getting paid 50 million

This offseason is another fork in the road

dont think Ujiri has a timeline of 5 years to wait

Comment

Working...
                      X