No announcement yet.

Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so subtly the Kings raise the flag , whiz on the campfire and calls home the dogs as they desert the hunt on the season.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

Three games in GOT (Game of Tanks) today and tonight.

Fresh off their dismantaling of the Magic the Pelicans travel to San Antonio tonight. Both the Pellys and the Spurs are still trying to win. The Pellys are 4 games back of the Spurs in the loss column for the last slot in the playoff tourney. Its the 4 point game so to speak. Pellys win and its 3 games back. Lose and they are 5.

The Bulls travel to Miami ... The Bulls are pretty much at the tipping point of their season. Tied with the raps they are a game back of the 10th and last play in spot in the east. They are still without Zach Lavine who remains out with Covid. Still 4-6 in their last 10 they face the once highly regarded Heat who hold down 7th place but with a record 2 games above .500. The Heat are 5-5 in their last 10. A win here keeps them in the hunt as they await LaVines return.

The Raps are at the Mecca to play the 4th place (not a typo) Knicks. The Knicks will be without rim protector and rebound machine Mitchell Robinson and 3 point chucker Alec Burks for todays matinee. The Knicks are in a 4 team dogfight for the remaining homecourt slot in the playoffs and under Tommy T will play hard for the full 48. Julius Randle, yes that Julius Randle, will be a pantload in the paint for Khem Birch and Dizzy Gillespie. Last nights final NBA injury report shows Boucher Watson Harris and Hood as OUT. Should be a good one.

Go Pellys
      Go Bulls

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

Three games in GOT (Game of Tanks) today and tonight.

Fresh off their dismantaling of the Magic the Pelicans travel to San Antonio tonight. Both the Pellys and the Spurs are still trying to win. The Pellys are 4 games back of the Spurs in the loss column for the last slot in the playoff tourney. Its the 4 point game so to speak. Pellys win and its 3 games back. Lose and they are 5.

The Bulls travel to Miami ... The Bulls are pretty much at the tipping point of their season. Tied with the raps they are a game back of the 10th and last play in spot in the east. They are still without Zach Lavine who remains out with Covid. Still 4-6 in their last 10 they face the once highly regarded Heat who hold down 7th place but with a record 2 games above .500. The Heat are 5-5 in their last 10. A win here keeps them in the hunt as they await LaVines return.

The Raps are at the Mecca to play the 4th place (not a typo) Knicks. The Knicks will be without rim protector and rebound machine Mitchell Robinson and 3 point chucker Alec Burks for todays matinee. The Knicks are in a 4 team dogfight for the remaining homecourt slot in the playoffs and under Tommy T will play hard for the full 48. Julius Randle, yes that Julius Randle, will be a pantload in the paint for Khem Birch and Dizzy Gillespie. Last nights final NBA injury report shows Boucher Watson Harris and Hood as OUT. Should be a good one.

Go Pellys
        Go Bulls
        Well we just need the bulls to win.... and I would say by the the season is just about a wrapped up for us. We will try but ultimately be out of the picture and stay around the same. We may finish above or below Chicago but the way things are looking we aren't making the playoffs... especially with the offense of boucher gone.

We luckily have just enough juice in the *cough* tank *cough* to make it appear as though we are giving an effort but it wont be enough with the remaining schedule.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          Do you all just hate nurse and want to get Thibs?
          Thibs helped the tank today, so it’s working out just fine for this thread’s purpose.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Thibs helped the tank today, so it’s working out just fine for this thread’s purpose.

Comment

• Realistically, at this point we're most likely picking 7th-10th (unless we move up, of course). We're two back from the Wizards, who are pushing hard - with twelve games to go and a Raptors schedule that isn't forgiving. Detroit, Orlando, Houston and Minnesota are all completely out of reach, and OKC and Cleveland are both very likely to end up beneath us as well. The only question is whether we end up with a better or worse record than Chicago, Sacramento and New Orleans.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Realistically, at this point we're most likely picking 7th-10th (unless we move up, of course). We're two back from the Wizards, who are pushing hard - with twelve games to go and a Raptors schedule that isn't forgiving. Detroit, Orlando, Houston and Minnesota are all completely out of reach, and OKC and Cleveland are both very likely to end up beneath us as well. The only question is whether we end up with a better or worse record than Chicago, Sacramento and New Orleans.
                based on how we are fighting we end up 8th... not worse than all the teams but Chicago will rush lavine back and fight their way in just as we give up.. OKC is team we are better than... NOP will win by just trying to develop zion etc.

Sac town has been paying well enough so I think we end up 8th

Comment

• Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

Two games of interest tonight.

Cleveland travels to DC to take on the Whiz. .The Whiz are reaping the rewards of a favourable schedule. It would appear they are not going to take their foot off the gas on making the super bowl of mediocrity, the play in tourney. Its 10th or bust. On a tank alert Cleveland has it eye on Sacto who has put D'Arron Fox on the shelf for two weeks.They lead the Kings by 3 games in the loss column. The Cavs hold on 6th worst is still pretty good but if they have designs on 5th which is now OKCs a loss tonight gets them to within one game of 5th.

The D'Aaron Fox-less Kings visit the Bay and GSW ... WIth Fox suddenly "out" the keys to the Kings offence go to rookie Tyreese Haliburton. Are the meth heads in the Kings front office auditioning Tyreese to see if they might possibly entertain the notion that they can move Fox for a lot of help on a roster that can use it ? Or are the Kings just going to see if they can cement the 7th slot before the Ping Pong Balls reveal their final landing spot.
                  Its the Kings.. either is a real possibility..

The Raps are tied with the Kings in the loss column. The Raps have the tougher schedule. We will never catch Cleveland for 6. So GO KINGS and GO WHIZ

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Apr 25, 2021, 01:10 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                    Realistically, at this point we're most likely picking 7th-10th (unless we move up, of course). We're two back from the Wizards, who are pushing hard - with twelve games to go and a Raptors schedule that isn't forgiving. Detroit, Orlando, Houston and Minnesota are all completely out of reach, and OKC and Cleveland are both very likely to end up beneath us as well. The only question is whether we end up with a better or worse record than Chicago, Sacramento and New Orleans.
                    The higher odds are a 7th-10th pick like you say, but we're also currently at a ~23% chance to pick in the top 4. That number has been hovering around ~22-28% for a couple of months now, and I think that's where it'll end up (a 1 in 4 chance to pick in the top 4, which is perfect on this this draft)

http://www.tankathon.com/

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The higher odds are a 7th-10th pick like you say, but we're also currently at a ~23% chance to pick in the top 4. That number has been hovering around ~22-28% for a couple of months now, and I think that's where it'll end up (a 1 in 4 chance to pick in the top 4, which is perfect on this this draft)

http://www.tankathon.com/
                      exactly if we can get up to 30 % chance which is where we would top out that's also fine.

Comment

• I'm still confused about keeping Lowry..what was the purpose of keeping him, this team is 12th in the standing, they're trash, the wizards are ahead of them, the Washington Wizards are above us..omg, from champions to being below in standings than the wizards, wtf. They should of gotten rid of Lowry, his not coming back..unless it's all about tanking, right..lol..wtf...I bring this up 2 my buddy, can u tell me why they kept Lowry, his like, I honestly don't know, maybe improves there tanking..genius.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          I'm still confused about keeping Lowry..what was the purpose of keeping him, this team is 12th in the standing, they're trash, the wizards are ahead of them, the Washington Wizards are above us..omg, from champions to being below in standings than the wizards, wtf. They should of gotten rid of Lowry, his not coming back..unless it's all about tanking, right..lol..wtf...I bring this up 2 my buddy, can u tell me why they kept Lowry, his like, I honestly don't know, maybe improves there tanking..genius.
                          Keeps our options open.

Comment

I'm still confused about keeping Lowry..what was the purpose of keeping him, this team is 12th in the standing, they're trash, the wizards are ahead of them, the Washington Wizards are above us..omg, from champions to being below in standings than the wizards, wtf. They should of gotten rid of Lowry, his not coming back..unless it's all about tanking, right..lol..wtf...I bring this up 2 my buddy, can u tell me why they kept Lowry, his like, I honestly don't know, maybe improves there tanking..genius.
                            You lost me at the raptors are trash, try again, you lost all credibility.

Comment

Funny thing is that every time I see "Dr Hannibal Lecter" wrote I'm thinking to myself that I'm about to see an intelligent take on something as I remember Mads Mikkelsen and his eloquence and intelligence in the series. Every time I start reading I'm like, duh, it's that guy again, keep tripping over the same thing for 10 years now...
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

You lost me at the raptors are trash, try again, you lost all credibility.
                                But on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X