No announcement yet.

Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would rather get big wing. There is overabundance of SGs. Easy position to fill.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Sure it does. Pascal leads the Raptors in minutes played, but he sits at 41st most in the NBA this season. He is playing well, might as well get him as much reps as you can. You also have the other 3 games in 4 nights where he played 31, 35 and 31 minutes.

Speaking of Thibs, 2 out of the top 3 players in minutes played is Randle (1) and Barrett (3).
      If load management taught us anything, there is more damage from back to backs, travel and lack of recovery time in between games, rather than just total minutes. The last road trip, playing Pascal 42 minutes on the tough back to back with the Clippers, on the road, 3rd game in 4 nights was especially egregious from that standpoint.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If load management taught us anything, there is more damage from back to backs, travel and lack of recovery time in between games, rather than just total minutes. The last road trip, playing Pascal 42 minutes on the tough back to back with the Clippers, on the road, 3rd game in 4 nights was especially egregious from that standpoint.
        Okay Pascal had 3 games in 4 nights where he played 31, 35 and 31 mins just before the current stretch of games. You seem to ignore that because it doesn't fit with what you're saying. My point with total minutes played is with Thibs the minutes are more constant. With Nurse it varies depending on the situation or resting players with minor injuries when they need it.

There was a 10 game stretch recently where Randle played 38+ mins including a 47 min game. Thibs has done a better job with the Knicks than he did with the Bulls with handling minutes, but lets not make it seem like Nurse is the same way.
        Last edited by A.I; Sat May 8, 2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I would rather get big wing. There is overabundance of SGs. Easy position to fill.
          Depends if you can get a dependable shot creator at SG who is the BPA, I think you go for it. OG will likely be the Raptors big wing SF for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• So I’m guessing I should lay my dreams of a Cade-OG-Pascal 2,3,4 to rest... so sad

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Still doesn’t explain why we’re playing Pascal over 40 minutes a night. On back to backs, 3rd game in 4 nights. Twice. That’s Thibsian minutes management, except we aren’t actually trying to win games. Makes no sense.
              Well Nurse and the players are trying to win. Management isn't. But what they also want is player development. And that includes Pascal and Fred. Unfortunately for Fred he's been hurt (hip issues). Pascal had his covid stuff, but he's been generally healthy this year. OG is hurt too, but that kid always gets hurt. If Fred, OG and Trent were at 100% they'd be playing a lot of minutes as well. Didn't Fred get over 40 the one night, then took a day off the next, only to play another 40 the day after? Then it happened again? If they are available to play, Nurse will use them.

Lowry is the only guy management is forcefully not playing unless it suits his S&T opportunities like with LA the other night. No need to develop him.

This is a half measure tank. They are not doing what OKC is doing with Horford, Shai or Dort. Sort of wished they did the full tank and just gave up games to sit with the bottom dregs of the league.. but that's not in the cards I guess. Hopefully the lottery gods will be happy with Toronto's approach to the tanking. Last three years, the team at #7 moved up in the lottery. Sacramento got Bagley (#2) in 2018. New Orleans got Zion (#1) in 2019. Chicago got Patrick Williams (#4) in 2020.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I would rather get big wing. There is overabundance of SGs. Easy position to fill.
                I like Barnes, seems like he could defend multiple positions. But if don't move up and Barnes goes at 6, or we slide back, then I think you have to take best player available. Whether that's Mitchell, Johnson or Moody. Mobley would fit in great, but not sure we're going to be able to get him, so have to go BPA.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

I like Barnes, seems like he could defend multiple positions. But if don't move up and Barnes goes at 6, or we slide back, then I think you have to take best player available. Whether that's Mitchell, Johnson or Moody. Mobley would fit in great, but not sure we're going to be able to get him, so have to go BPA.
                  I think it's BPA no matter what, but BPA is very up for debate in this draft, mocks are all over the place.

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Depends if you can get a dependable shot creator at SG who is the BPA, I think you go for it. OG will likely be the Raptors big wing SF for the foreseeable future.
                      yeah for sure. SG has to be really skilled for me to consider. But I wouldn't draft Keon Johnson because he doesn't look like shot creator.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think it's BPA no matter what, but BPA is very up for debate in this draft, mocks are all over the place.
                        Sure, perhaps tighter at the top. Cade is consensus number 1. But 2-4, if think Suggs, Mobley, Green talent similar, do you pick position of need? I agree though BPA if identify available superior talent. The mocks will move a lot from here of course. I think wherever we pick we should be able to pick up a good player, though of course would be amazing to move up. But if all we do is pick up Davion Mitchell, I think that could be a good pick.

Comment

Sure, perhaps tighter at the top. Cade is consensus number 1. But 2-4, if think Suggs, Mobley, Green talent similar, do you pick position of need? I agree though BPA if identify available superior talent. The mocks will move a lot from here of course. I think wherever we pick we should be able to pick up a good player, though of course would be amazing to move up. But if all we do is pick up Davion Mitchell, I think that could be a good pick.
                          In that case i'd get either suggs or mobley and i'd opt for mobley in my opinion. Mobley has the highest ceiling there and is a position of need. Suggs has the highest floor.

Comment

eh not a fan because its just adding another undersized guard. He is good but we need to move away from that.

Comment

I'd argue we need players at every position so just take whoever you think is best. We're deepest at PG but I'd definitely take Cade at 1 if we got the 1st pick.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

eh not a fan because its just adding another undersized guard. He is good but we need to move away from that.
                                Can Davion Mitchell be a starting PG in the league? If so, we can seek trades for Fred, with Malachi as the backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X