X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow motion tank

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Kyle Lowry out 7-10 days with a toe infection? Lmao they're really doing this
      Good, now we can see more of FVV and Norm starting in the back court with OG, Pascal and Drummond....oh wait

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Slow motion tank
        thats pretty awesome

Comment

We really should sign Bruno right now and just play him at the C

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Playoffs. This team is not tanking.
            Kyle Lowry is being sat for 10 days for a toe infection he has supposedly had all season, but it just finally got bad enough after last game. We are tanking. Already lost our 1st game without Lowry against a bad team tonight. Expect more of that the rest of the season. 1-9 in our last 10 games, no one is playing worse in the NBA right now.
            Last edited by Primer; Wed Mar 31, 2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Them sitting Lowry is the first real "yeah we're tanking" thing I've seen besides the passive not trading for a C at the deadline.

They've actually been good enough to make the playoffs. But when lady luck deals you a record like this, doesn't hurt to take it very easy the rest of the way.

We might see some games off for other guys just to give them a break from the physical and emotional grind of this season from hell as well.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Them sitting Lowry is the first real "yeah we're tanking" thing I've seen besides the passive not trading for a C at the deadline.

They've actually been good enough to make the playoffs. But when lady luck deals you a record like this, doesn't hurt to take it very easy the rest of the way.

We might see some games off for other guys just to give them a break from the physical and emotional grind of this season from hell as well.
                that is exactly where I am at. I know we are good enough but even if we make the play offs.. emotionally the guys are just not in it anymore.

So even if they make it they will get crushed because of the emotional toll it would take at this point to get there.

Comment

Bulls lost to the Suns last night. Pacers lost to the Heat and the Knicks lost to the WOLVES.

I still think the Raptors are going to make the playoffs. I don't trust any of the teams that I mentioned specially Chicago because of the LaVine injury. I don't see Chicago winning any games without Zach.

There's 25 games left. All the Raptors need is a mini 3-4 game winning streak(doable) and they'll surpass Chicago in the standings.

Now I know the Wizards are just right behind the Raptors in the standings but I don't trust them either.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

how do the Pistons only have 10 non Raptor wins?!

Comment

We're still there? After losing to the G League version of the Thunder, or scoring less than 100 against the L20 Rockets? After getting swept by the Pistons, or stomped by the Cavs?

I admire your optimism
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Bulls lost to the Suns last night. Pacers lost to the Heat and the Knicks lost to the WOLVES.

I still think the Raptors are going to make the playoffs. I don't trust any of the teams that I mentioned specially Chicago because of the LaVine injury. I don't see Chicago winning any games without Zach.

There's 25 games left. All the Raptors need is a mini 3-4 game winning streak(doable) and they'll surpass Chicago in the standings.

Now I know the Wizards are just right behind the Raptors in the standings but I don't trust them either.
                        The Raptors stopped caring. They're not even losing close anymore, its over with 3 minutes left, against BAAAAD teams. There is no winning streak on the way.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

The Raptors stopped caring. They're not even losing close anymore, its over with 3 minutes left, against BAAAAD teams. There is no winning streak on the way.
                          Two of our star players (likely) had covid and they are shells of themselves. I don't think it's about caring. The mind is willing.
                          This tweet summed it up for me

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

We're still there? After losing to the G League version of the Thunder, or scoring less than 100 against the L20 Rockets? After getting swept by the Pistons, or stomped by the Cavs?

I admire your optimism
                            Ah, your position is that these last few games after they have finally had the fight beaten out of them and their full health/conditioning taken away from them are representative of the entire season to date? Interesting stance.

They are good. Even partway through this losing streak they had a positive point differential on the season even including the COVID games! They are just done now.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah, your position is that these last few games after they have finally had the fight beaten out of them and their full health/conditioning taken away from them are representative of the entire season to date? Interesting stance.

They are good. Even partway through this losing streak they had a positive point differential on the season even including the COVID games! They are just done now.
                              Dan, "the entire season to date" is 18-30. We're still reminiscing on that time in late jan/early Feb we played pretty good? This is starting to sound like bargnanis famous 23 games. We can make excuses all the way through. The 2-8 start was a full roster.

Miami also had the same covid issues. Exact same. They didnt get blown out by basement dwellers for 2 weeks after.

listen, of course we got bad luck, and we're not actually a bottom 5 team, covid, Tampa, yada yada yada. But If everything broke normally, what is this team? 5, 6 seed? In the friggin east? Is that what we're shooting for now?

the guys have been back from covid for TWO WEEKS, not 2 days. If we're still blaming conditioning for why our "core" is getting embarrassed by a g league team, well I've got news for you...we ain't close.

Comment

Such a weird time to be a Raptor fan. Can you remember the last time you were cheering for them to lose? I think it was the 11/12 season leading to the Ross draft.

Priorities for the rest of this year should be developing GTJ, OG, Flynn and Boucher. Don't run Freddy and Pascal into the ground. See if any of the bench pieces (Watson, Yuta) are salvageable. There will not be one Toronto fan in the stands paying to watch them lose. This is the perfect storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X