Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

They don't know how to win yet + LaVine hasn't been the same player since the ankle injury. He's trying to play through it but no way he's a 100%
    He's not at 100%. However, Vucevic is, and I can't think of a player better suited to demolish the Raps right now than Vooch. How on earth do we defend him?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

He's not at 100%. However, Vucevic is, and I can't think of a player better suited to demolish the Raps right now than Vooch. How on earth do we defend him?
      We said that through out the season, Nurse still found a way to shut down Vucevic and even Embiid. Vucevic is averaging 18 and 16 against the Raptors, but he is shooting 38% FG this season. I wouldn't expect that defense tomorrow though.

Comment

• All the so called tank experts saying that Masai and Bobby are just going through the motions to eventually tank by not addressing the lack of another bigman may have to wait for another 20 games.

Welcome Khem Birch

Berch/ Boucher/ Baynes

The Queen of England would be proud lol

Triple Bs

haha

Comment

• Khem Birch is a great pickup for the Raps as a bench big and I hope this is the start of building next year's team, but I don't think he's going to significantly move the needle at this point just because it's too late in the season. I think we're pretty firmly slotted into a #6-8 ranking in the lottery.

Tonight in tank:

Pistons at Kings: Should push the Kings further up the rankings, giving them a win and shoving the Pistons down further.

Cavs at Thunder: Either the Thunder win and crawl a bit above us in the standings, or the Cavs win and give us the opportunity to drop below them. Win-win.

and of course Bulls at Raps: Fred and Bembry suspended brings us down to only eight players available tonight with nobody who can reliably deal with Vucevic. This will likely be a loss, and put us at three games below the Bulls with only twenty left to play.

Comment

Khem Birch is a great pickup for the Raps as a bench big and I hope this is the start of building next year's team, but I don't think he's going to significantly move the needle at this point just because it's too late in the season. I think we're pretty firmly slotted into a #6-8 ranking in the lottery.

Tonight in tank:

Pistons at Kings: Should push the Kings further up the rankings, giving them a win and shoving the Pistons down further.

Cavs at Thunder: Either the Thunder win and crawl a bit above us in the standings, or the Cavs win and give us the opportunity to drop below them. Win-win.

and of course Bulls at Raps: Fred and Bembry suspended brings us down to only eight players available tonight with nobody who can reliably deal with Vucevic. This will likely be a loss, and put us at three games below the Bulls with only twenty left to play.
            Will be more like 4 games behind since the Bulls will have the tie breaker.

Comment

• Fred's 1 game suspension doesn't actually count until he's cleared fit to play, so tonight's game won't count as his suspensions since he is currently injured.

From the NBA press release:

Bembry will serve his suspension tonight when the Raptors play host to the Chicago Bulls. … Van Vleet, who has missed the past two games with an injury, will serve his suspension in the next regular season game for which he is eligible and physically able to play.

Comment

• So...healthy enough to earn the suspension but not healthy enough to serve the suspension

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  So...healthy enough to earn the suspension but not healthy enough to serve the suspension
                  Yep, he could have been in a wheelchair, if you leave the bench during an altercation you get a 1 game suspension.

I have to admit I prefer that to sitting healthy guys for made up injuries. Sucks for Fred though because the suspension game is without pay.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    From the NBA press release:

Bembry will serve his suspension tonight when the Raptors play host to the Chicago Bulls. … Van Vleet, who has missed the past two games with an injury, will serve his suspension in the next regular season game for which he is eligible and physically able to play.
                    Adam Silver is helping us tank!
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post

Adam Silver is helping us tank!
                      Because Raptors vs. Jazz is the NBA Finals matchup TV sponsors have been waiting for.

Comment

Khem Birch is a great pickup for the Raps as a bench big and I hope this is the start of building next year's team, but I don't think he's going to significantly move the needle at this point just because it's too late in the season. I think we're pretty firmly slotted into a #6-8 ranking in the lottery.

Tonight in tank:

TANKWATCH TONIGHT !!

With ya on the Pistons and Kings in the Effluent Bowl..... Gooooooooooo Kings.

Cavs at Thunder..... I think in one draft the Thunder and the Rockets alternate picks for the entirety of the first round ....
                        Agree ... someone is going to win. Might as well cheer for the Thunder as they have a couple of Canadians.

Bulls at Raps....
                        Yeah.. Go Bulls..
                        but not really.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 8, 2021, 05:08 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• TankWatch

Fresh off their victory over the Raps the BULLS travel to ATLANTA to take on the Hawks --- Go Bulls.

Touring the west coast Russell and The Whiz take on a disinterested Warriors team playing out the string. Beal is probable --- Go Whiz

Indy take on the G-League Magic in the Magic Kingdom in a must watch NBA clash of titans.--- Sorry Nate but Go Magic.
                          - TGO

Comment

• The Whiz do us a solid last nite.
                            - TGO

Comment

• "It's ovah, ladies and gentlemen. It's ovah."

Playin tournament coming.

Comment

• Thank you Pascal!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X