Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I agree with this 100% with one exception - if they are truly still affected by covid. Some people recover fast, others take months to fully recover.
    I can't imagine trying to play at an nba level.and having 30% of your lungs taken away......
    Good point. I have no idea how much any of them are still affected individually and the Raps sure aren't saying.

But the Vancouver Canucks just came back from 3/4 of their team out with COVID, first game back and didn't miss a beat....just sayin'

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Good point. I have no idea how much any of them are still affected individually and the Raps sure aren't saying.

But the Vancouver Canucks just came back from 3/4 of their team out with COVID, first game back and didn't miss a beat....just sayin'
      Didn't miss a beat? lol. Why because they won? the Canucks completely got dominated last night, the only reason they won the game was because of Holtby. But I guess that's the kind of loss you expect from the Loaves. I mean, we're talking about a team that lost to a zamboni driver.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• #TankForThibodeau!

Errrr... #TankForHoltby!

Errrr... what was the question?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I’m as surprised as anyone. Way more posters care about Thibs than anybody expected. Why such a strong reaction to an innocuous post ....is the question.
          mostly cuz the season is pretty much over and there isn't that much to talk about.
          Good night for the tank community as both the Whiz and the Bulls post wins....
          CLeveland is not screwing around.. they are making sure they finish below Sacto... Cavs lose to Detroit who under Casey is playing to win every time out.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Apr 19, 2021, 11:11 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• what on earth did I miss here?

And yeah Demo it was indeed a fantastic night.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

People think Nurse should be out there gifting minutes to anyone under 25. I'm sorry but Malachi Flynn has been mostly trash in my opinion. Look at Payton Pritchard in Boston, that's a kid who immediately contributes, and earns a rotation spot.
              Pritchard also has three all star calibre players to take the pressure off and his main role is making shots which he already excels at. Flynn is a solid point who is showing he can run a team and play defense. He started off the season trash I agree but he's really rounding into form recently. He looks really good out there. He's a floor general and those types of players need mins to build real chemistry on the court.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I’m as surprised as anyone. Way more posters care about Thibs than anybody expected. Why such a strong reaction to an innocuous post ....is the question.
                No one cares about average Thibs. I just find it amusing that you're hyping up thibs to be this amazing coach to make nurse look incompetent, in a season where key players we're injured for half the season. I just don't see how that is even close to a fair comparison. Nurse has won at every level and thibs hasn't even sniffed the finals.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Pritchard also has three all star calibre players to take the pressure off and his main role is making shots which he already excels at. Flynn is a solid point who is showing he can run a team and play defense. He started off the season trash I agree but he's really rounding into form recently. He looks really good out there. He's a floor general and those types of players need mins to build real chemistry on the court.
                  Yes it's not really fair at all, put back in siakim, vanvleet and anonoby at give him some time to actually gel and its completely different than playing with Stanley Johnson and bembry.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

No one cares about average Thibs. I just find it amusing that you're hyping up thibs to be this amazing coach to make nurse look incompetent, in a season where key players we're injured for half the season. I just don't see how that is even close to a fair comparison. Nurse has won at every level and thibs hasn't even sniffed the finals.
                    And there it is. Overly sensitive posters making up extreme strawmen that nobody said. What was said was Thibs was having a great season and he was good at defensive schemes. In fact I said Nurse is better than Thibs, although Thibs is most definitely better than "average". He's probably only a handful of coaches who have ever had multiple .750+ winning records. And coaches can have good and bad seasons, just like players. That's just the rise and fall cycle of sports. It's normal.

Main point is that we don't need to be so insecure about our team. We can have nice things, and still tip our hat to other teams when its due. It doesn't diminish us. We just won a championship a few years back, coming off a string of 50+ win seasons. It's okay to have a down year... no need to panic and get all defensive. We'll be fine.

Comment

• im so confused why is everyone obsessed with thibs all of a sudden. I mean he is a good better than average coach but.... I'd say Nurse is a much much better coach and wont run our entire team into the ground.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Didn't miss a beat? lol. Why because they won? the Canucks completely got dominated last night, the only reason they won the game was because of Holtby. But I guess that's the kind of loss you expect from the Loaves. I mean, we're talking about a team that lost to a zamboni driver.
                        No because I didn't see anyone bent over grabbing shorts. Not sure if they all felt 100% but they didn't miss a beat and didn't sit everyone out. Didn't miss a beat.

Comment

• Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

Two for three last night with only the Cavs going down in flames to the Pistons.
                          Those two consecutive missed rebounds on the 2nd shot of a two shot foul in the last minute of the game is the stuff of legend and tanking genius as Cleveland works towards limboing under the tomato cans from OKC. Cleveland is a half game away from sinking to 5th from 6th. No stone unturned. .

Its a light schedule in the NBA tonight but there is one game of interest on Tankwatch.
                          The Kings who are a half game ahead of the Raps for 7th take on one of the big dogs of the tank in the Timberpups. The T-pups have to finish at least 3rd from the bottom to keep this years FRP from conveying to the Warriors. They are motivated. Its going to take a lot for the Kings not to win this one at home.
                          But lurking in the wings is the west coasts version of Dion Waiters in Buddy Hield who left unchecked is fully prepared to rack up 30 points on 41 FG attempts.
                          Could be a classic.

Go Kings.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Apr 20, 2021, 10:49 AM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

No because I didn't see anyone bent over grabbing shorts. Not sure if they all felt 100% but they didn't miss a beat and didn't sit everyone out. Didn't miss a beat.
                            Lol. You didn't see anyone bent over grabbing their shorts? It's HOCKEY. They go out there and skate non-stop(unless there's an icing) for their 30-45 secs shift and they go back to their bench.

The Canucks goalie made 8-10 miraculous point blank saves in that game. That's the only reason they won the game.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Lol. You didn't see anyone bent over grabbing their shorts? It's HOCKEY. They go out there and skate non-stop(unless there's an icing) for their 30-45 secs shift and they go back to their bench.

The Canucks goalie made 8-10 miraculous point blank saves in that game. That's the only reason they won the game.
                              So nobody gets worn out/tired in hockey? News to me.
                              One of the worst teams in the "North" division beat the best, no doubt they were outplayed, how would that be any different than any other game this season?

PS
                              Holtby had been out for Covid too protocol too, not sure if he had it, Nucks aren't saying. Played an average game for them and actually won; didn't miss a beat.

Comment

• "So nobody gets worn out/tired in hockey? News to me."

I didn't say that. You said you didn't see anyone bent over grabbing their shorts. Lol.

"One of the worst teams in the "North" division beat the best, no doubt they were outplayed, how would that be any different than any other game this season?"

Canucks beat them twice in their 2 previous meetings. They didn't get outplayed like they did the other night.

"PS
                                Holtby had been out for Covid too protocol too, not sure if he had it, Nucks aren't saying. Played an average game for them and actually won; didn't miss a beat."

Holtby actually tested positive. The Canucks announced it a week ago. See, i'm from Van City so i'm pretty familiar with this team. I can give you the names of players that didn't test positive. Pettersson, Boeser, Pearson and Vesey. That's it.

Holtby played an average game? lol. Again, just admit you didn't watch the game. It's ok.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X