No announcement yet.

Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't shaping up to be the 2012 draft where we missed on Lillard who was taken at 6th. I think it's pretty strong in the top 4 in most mocks.. and then a big jumble mess from 5-10.

So whether we finish 7-8-9 what we are really doing is hoping for better chances in the top 4. But that's just hoping for lottery balls to go your way. I mean we could finish 9th and have the 10th seed team get in the top 4. The Lakers pick 2 years ago went to the top 4 and they were 11th going into the lottery.

Washington and Indiana have essentially sealed the play in.. Indiana has a tougher schedule but they are 3.5 games up. That's a lot of games to make up with little runway left.

I don't trust Sacramento to win games... and I'm a little weary with New Orleans but they have a 2 win cushion right now.

I think Toronto ends up in 9th with Sacramento and New Orleans on either side at 8 and 10 when it's all over.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      This isn't shaping up to be the 2012 draft where we missed on Lillard who was taken at 6th. I think it's pretty strong in the top 4 in most mocks.. and then a big jumble mess from 5-10.

So whether we finish 7-8-9 what we are really doing is hoping for better chances in the top 4. But that's just hoping for lottery balls to go your way. I mean we could finish 9th and have the 10th seed team get in the top 4. The Lakers pick 2 years ago went to the top 4 and they were 11th going into the lottery.

Washington and Indiana have essentially sealed the play in.. Indiana has a tougher schedule but they are 3.5 games up. That's a lot of games to make up with little runway left.

I don't trust Sacramento to win games... and I'm a little weary with New Orleans but they have a 2 win cushion right now.

I think Toronto ends up in 9th with Sacramento and New Orleans on either side at 8 and 10 when it's all over.
      I think there is a decent chance we end up 8th actually. 8th is being lucky but 8th is where we could and are likely to end up which isn't bad. Then like you mentioned it is just about getting lucky. ANY WHERE IN THE TOP 4 I AM HAPPY.

I can see mobley falling depending on which teams are up there.

Comment

• Can't look at it like we missed out on a top 4 player because we couldn't suck bad enough. Gotta trust the organization to find the BPA and develop them into a valuable player or trade the pick for a valuable asset. Either way we'd never be in this position if not for the off year in Tampa so we're in a better spot than we should be.

Comment

• Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

The Whiz punked the Pacers last night and moved another game ahead of the Raps for the the holy grail of 10th place. The NBA's tallest midget award.
          3 games up with only 7 left.
          If the Whiz go a simple 2 and 5 (the schedule includes the raps, atlanta twice, charlotte and cleveland).. That means the Raps have to go 5 and 2 just to tie.
          Is it possible.. for sure... Is it likely ? Probably not.

Games of Interest Tonight.

Sacto heads to OKC to take on the Thunder Sacto has taken notice of its upward mobility and is currently sitting D'Arron Fox and Harrison Barnes is listed as doubtful. Rookie Tyrese Haliburton blew a tire and is out with a knee. Still they have enough on paper to beat up the tomato cans from OKC. The Thunder gave up 157 to Indy the other day... If Sacto tries to lose this will look like a high school game.

The Pellys once again host the Warriors The Pellys shat the bed at home last night. They are still kinda sorta in it with San Antonio for 10th in the west and might want to show the GM that they really are a better team than the standings show. However if they lose this one they are forked. They will be 4 games back with 6 to play.

Raps visit their buddies the Clippers. So far on the 1:30 injury report its OG, Boucher and Watson listed as OUT. Trent is listed as DOUBTFUL. Fred whose leg was about to fall off on Sunday is now off the injury report on Tuesday. Kyle who we didn't trade despite the high probability that the front office was going to wave the white towel and is good enough all by himself to keep the team in against teams like the Lakers and Jazz and Clips might get the night off. Likely one of these two sit tonight. Looking back this has not been Ujiris best year this year.
          The Clips are currently in 4th and would match up with the Lakers in the 1st round if things hold form to the end of the season. Finishing 3rd pretty much eliminates any chance of the Clips having to play Lebron in the first round and despite the higher seeding would be giving up homecourt in any series with the Lakers. Serge and Beverly are listed as out. Kawhis a go as is George.

EDIT... and kyle appears on the 830 injury report as questionable.
          Shocking I know.
          Just shocking

Go Sacto !!
          Fly Pellys Fly !!
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue May 4, 2021, 09:04 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

The Whiz punked the Pacers last night and moved another game ahead of the Raps for the the holy grail of 10th place. The NBA's tallest midget award.
            3 games up with only 7 left.
            If the Whiz go a simple 2 and 5 (the schedule includes the raps, atlanta twice, charlotte and cleveland).. That means the Raps have to go 5 and 2 just to tie.
            Is it possible.. for sure... Is it likely ? Probably not.

Games of Interest Tonight.

Sacto heads to OKC to take on the Thunder Sacto has taken notice of its upward mobility and is currently sitting D'Arron Fox and Harrison Barnes is listed as doubtful. Rookie Tyrese Haliburton blew a tire and is out with a knee. Still they have enough on paper to beat up the tomato cans from OKC. The Thunder gave up 157 to Indy the other day... If Sacto tries to lose this will look like a high school game.

The Pellys once again host the Warriors The Pellys shat the bed at home last night. They are still kinda sorta in it with San Antonio for 10th in the west and might want to show the GM that they really are a better team than the standings show. However if they lose this one they are forked. They will be 4 games back with 6 to play.

Raps visit their buddies the Clippers. So far on the 1:30 injury report its OG, Boucher and Watson listed as OUT. Trent is listed as DOUBTFUL. Fred whose leg was about to fall off on Sunday is now off the injury report on Tuesday. Kyle who we didn't trade despite the high probability that the front office was going to wave the white towel and is good enough all by himself to keep the team in against teams like the Lakers and Jazz and Clips might get the night off. Likely one of these two sit tonight. Looking back this has not been Ujiris best year this year.
            The Clips are currently in 4th and would match up with the Lakers in the 1st round if things hold form to the end of the season. Finishing 3rd pretty much eliminates any chance of the Clips having to play Lebron in the first round and despite the higher seeding would be giving up homecourt in any series with the Lakers. Serge and Beverly are listed as out. Kawhis a go as is George.

Go Sacto !!
            Fly Pellys Fly !!
            i must applaud all the effort you've been putting into this.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

If I knew that, I wouldn't be spending any time on RR
              Lol

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Missing the play in is a successful tank for us. The only way we screw this up is by somehow getting to the 11 seed.

I'm quite happy with us being very competitive and beating teams I hate like the LeBron Lakers. I want us to get a lotto pick, not crap our pants in public. It took us a decade to shed the label of being a perennially awful team and I don't want to ever go back to that.

Chicago doesn't even have a 1st and has every incentive to win. They just suck super bad and there is nothing we can do about that.
                The Bulls gave up 2 first round picks and a nice prospect in WCJ for Vucevic. Damn. That's a move that you make as the last piece when you're trying to make the Finals - not trying just to get into the playoffs like the Bulls were.

And it's a brand new front office. They didn't have to make a bold, stupid move like that this early in their tenure. They got fleeced.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Bulls gave up 2 first round picks and a nice prospect in WCJ for Vucevic. Damn. That's a move that you make as the last piece when you're trying to make the Finals - not trying just to get into the playoffs like the Bulls were.

And it's a brand new front office. They didn't have to make a bold, stupid move like that this early in their tenure. They got fleeced.
                  Nice to know that there is always going to be a front office you can fleece in the NBA.

Comment

Gave up their 2021 first round pick for Vucevic and still didn't make the Playoffs. Magic will have 2 lottery picks now.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Gave up their 2021 first round pick for Vucevic and still didn't make the Playoffs. Magic will have 2 lottery picks now.
                      so sad

Comment

That's all we wanted for Lowry

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's all we wanted for Lowry
                          loool It would have been nice

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i must applaud all the effort you've been putting into this.
                            Thanks....Its really not a lot of effort when its for a bit of fun... and without breakfast meetings or dinners or kids hockey or restaurants or vacations .. I got a bit of time.
                            - TGO

Comment

• a little light in the battle for 7th with the bulls....

- TGO

Comment

• Kings and Pels win

Comment

Working...
                                X