Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    I'm looking at the Pacers schedule the rest of the way: Hawks, Wiz, Cavs, 76ers, Bucks, Lakers, Raptors.

Where is the win there? they just got a blown out by a Kings team missing their 3 best players(Fox, Barnes and Haliburton).

Raptors still have a chance to get in the play in in my opinion.
    They get a win against the Cavs at minimum. If they get that win and lose every other game, their final record is 31-40. We would have to win 4 of our remaining 6 just to tie them, and one of them would be the Pacers themselves (since if we don't beat them we don't get tiebreak) so we would need to take 3 out of 5 against the Wiz, Grizz, Clippers, Bulls and Mavs, and of those only the Clippers will likely take it easy (the Mavs want to avoid dropping to 7th so they can play the Nuggets or Clips first round rather than Phoenix).

We're not making the play-in, not with the way the team is resting people. The Wiz nearly beat the Bucks tonight and the Bulls have Lavine back as of Thursday. Right now we're more likely to drop below Chicago than make the play-in.

Comment

• Yea something is going on with the Pacers. But if they underachieve maybe they trade away some pieces. Would love to get Turner.

Comment

I think we need to worry more about the Pacers. Something is going on there. These guys might not win another game this season.

Those reports of dysfunction in the coaching staff were highly exaggerated. Lol. Poor Nate. Will be nice to have you back next year.

Could easily see the our last game of the season deciding the play-in.
        Last edited by golden; Thu May 6, 2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• The magic number for the Pacers is 6. That's any combination of Raptor loses and Pacers wins to seal the play in. That's still a pretty big number so this will be close. Losing to the Kings who were on a second game of a back to back (on the road) by like 11 points (they were down much bigger) does not help them in any way. Plus the Kings were playing without Fox and Haliburton.

Raptors could rest guys, and still overtake the Pacers here. Will definitely be interesting down the stretch.

Comment

I'm looking at the Pacers schedule the rest of the way: Hawks, Wiz, Cavs, 76ers, Bucks, Lakers, Raptors.

Where is the win there? they just got a blown out by a Kings team missing their 3 best players(Fox, Barnes and Haliburton).

Raptors still have a chance to get in the play in in my opinion.
            You gotta finally throw in the towel man
            .355 embrace the pace ....

Comment

• It's not like we're actually trying to win guys. Look at the lineups we're putting out there. Basically 2 starters per game. We're trying to make it respectable but we will absolutely not be making the play in. Expect the worst lineups possible when we play the Bulls and Pacers.

Everyone is also glossing over the fact we wanted Sacramento to win that game against the Pacers as they were closer to us in the standings. Our lotto odds got better, not worse.

The Pacers are 4-6 in their last 10 and you guys are acting like they're 0-10.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                It's not like we're actually trying to win guys. Look at the lineups we're putting out there. Basically 2 starters per game. We're trying to make it respectable but we will absolutely not be making the play in. Expect the worst lineups possible when we play the Bulls and Pacers.

Everyone is also glossing over the fact we wanted Sacramento to win that game against the Pacers as they were closer to us in the standings. Our lotto odds got better, not worse.

The Pacers are 4-6 in their last 10 and you guys are acting like they're 0-10.
                Yes, but 1-4 in their last 5 with the one win being over OKC, every loss by double digits.

Ultimately the Raptors either make the play-in on an absolute tear or they get a lotto pick. I'm good with either, as is team management, obviously, and the latter is clearly the more likely scenario.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Raptors are 3.5 games behind the Pacers with 6 games left. Could be wrong, but best we can do is tie with them if Raptors go 6-0 and Pacers go 0-7. Highly highly unlikely.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, but 1-4 in their last 5 with the one win being over OKC, every loss by double digits.

Ultimately the Raptors either make the play-in on an absolute tear or they get a lotto pick. I'm good with either, as is team management, obviously, and the latter is clearly the more likely scenario.
                    We aren't playing the lineups necessary to go on an absolute tear. Our schedule is so tough even if we did play everyone every game going on an absolute tear seems impossible. We purposefully aren't playing to win. Against the Clippers we played only 2 regular starters. We're playing just to not get embarrassed and I'm cool with that. If we had any intention of making the play in we wouldn't be trotting out these lineups.

Comment

• yeah i just think its very foolish to think we will make the play in.. it is a very low chance of that happening.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Raptors are 3.5 games behind the Pacers with 6 games left. Could be wrong, but the best we can do is tie with them if Raptors go 6-0 and Pacers go 0-7. Highly highly unlikely.
                        that's what I keep telling people... we are too far back with too many games left. We aren't catching the pacers ... unless we go perfect and BEAT the pacers.... and they would have to lose every single thing. they may have lockerroom issues but I'm sure they manage to win at least one or two. I think even if they win two games ... which I outlined two of the games they should win at the very least (cavs and another)

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We aren't playing the lineups necessary to go on an absolute tear. Our schedule is so tough even if we did play everyone every game going on an absolute tear seems impossible. We purposefully aren't playing to win. Against the Clippers we played only 2 regular starters. We're playing just to not get embarrassed and I'm cool with that. If we had any intention of making the play in we wouldn't be trotting out these lineups.
                          Against the Clippers we played 2 starters and almost won. Would be the logic.

I think the team will continue to be super careful with even the slightest bumps and bruises and will be perfectly happy if they lose, but won't intentionally sit guys out with the intention of losing (unlike earlier when they sat Lowry out for ages), until there is no mathematical possibility of making the play-in. And until then, if they overachieve with a short roster (which they are capable of), and have a shot with a couple games left, they may pull back on the injury caution/rest approach to see if they can pull it off.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Raptors are 3.5 games behind the Pacers with 6 games left. Could be wrong, but best we can do is tie with them if Raptors go 6-0 and Pacers go 0-7. Highly highly unlikely.
                            They have 35 losses. We have 39. If we beat them in our remaining matchup we have the tie breaker.

So if they lose out (0-7) and end with 42 losses (0-7), we can afford 3 losses (3-3), so long as 1 of our wins is against Indy.

If they go 1-6, we can go 4-2 as long as we beat Indy.

If they go 2-5, we have to go 5-1 as long as we beat Indy.

If they go 3-4, we have to go 6-0.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

They have 35 losses. We have 39. If we beat them in our remaining matchup we have the tie breaker.

So if they lose out (0-7) and end with 42 losses (0-7), we can afford 3 losses (3-3), so long as 1 of our wins is against Indy.

If they go 1-6, we can go 4-2 as long as we beat Indy.

If they go 2-5, we have to go 5-1 as long as we beat Indy.

If they go 3-4, we have to go 6-0.
                              This makes more sense. I was focusing on how many games back we were and not the records.

Still seems fairly unlikely. Pacers have Sabonis and Levert playing well even if they are mess and Raptors are still sitting players.

Comment

• Lol...that was funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X