Everything 2021 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Dan is correct; flip a coin that lands on heads 9X in a row and the odds of the next toss also being heads remains the same, 1 in 2 ....
    Then again, 7 isn't known as a lucky number for nothing
    k low

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The way the lottery works is that every team in the lottery is trying to get into the top 4 (it used to be top 3). That's where the real best players are in this draft per most mocks. In my opinion 7-10 is all pretty much the same. Some really good guys, but potentially no real difference makers.

The 7th pick gets you a higher percentage chance of making the top 4 (32%)
      The 8th pick gets you a worse percentage (26%).

But the 7th pick has moved up (so essentially won the lottery), the last 3 drafts. Is it likely that it will move up again? 4x in a row would be pretty crazy.

But it is what it is.. I think the 7th spot is pretty much locked up. Chicago has 2 more wins and there are 4 games remaining.

If we lose 2 games, we can tie if they go 0-4. If we lose 3 games, 7th place is ours.
      top 5 but yeah

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

top 5 but yeah
        No it's top 4.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

probability doesn't work that way
          Oh I know how stats work. I'm just being a weirdo like I said above.

Comment

• Tonite on "Who Wants It Less" aka Tank Watch

Wins from the Pellys, Da Bulls and the Kings last night sliced the magic numbers markedly.
            Special shout to OKC who suck more than a 50HP shop vac in helping the Kings, yes the Kings, to move within 2 games of bowing out of the race.
            May 10th
            Draft MAGIC
            Position WINS LOSSES GR NUMBER REMAINING SCHEDULE
            12 WHIZ 32 36 4 Eliminated At Atl At Atl Cavs Char
            11 Pacers 31 36 5 1 At Cavs At Philly Bucks Lakers At Raps
            10 PELLYS 31 37 4 1 At Mem At Dallas At GSW Lakers
            9 Kings 30 38 4 2 OKC At Mem At Mem Jazz
            8 Bulls 29 39 4 3 Nets Raps At Nets Bucks
            7 Raps 27 41 4 Clips At Bulls At Dallas INDY

Games of Interest Tonight

Whiz in Atlanta.... The Whiz are officially eliminated from the Panzer Derby.

Indy visits Cleveland.... A win for the Pacers tonight eliminates them officially from the derby. Cleveland is tied with 4 other teams for third last. Expect an effort worthy of their standing.

Pellys in Memphis... WIthout Williamson or Ingram the Pellys took out the Hornets last night on the back of great effort from Jaxson Hayes. Pellys are on the B2B so in tough against Memphis who can use the win for seeding in the 7 to 10 tourney.

Go Whiz...
            Go Indy...
            Fly Pellys Fly.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• 7th puts us in good position to land in the top 4, and very good position to land a good-to-great prospect even if we don't move up.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                7th puts us in good position to land in the top 4, and very good position to land a good-to-great prospect even if we don't move up.
                If we get a top 4.... I'd lean towards Jalen Green. Reminiscent of a young Kobe and Mamba Mentality is exactly what this team needs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  7th puts us in good position to land in the top 4, and very good position to land a good-to-great prospect even if we don't move up.
                  100%.
                  And this is the sole purpose of the one year #tampatank.
                  An injection of higher end young talent is coming our way at no cost. We can't get that in FA or in a trade.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If we get a top 4.... I'd lean towards Jalen Green. Reminiscent of a young Kobe and Mamba Mentality is exactly what this team needs.
                    I've been watching some videos of him. I think he's more intriguing than Cade. The assist to turnover number for Cade is really underwhelming. But I love Cade's size. A 6'8 guy with elite handles is nothing to scoff at. Plus he's a crunch time winner. So has "it".

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I've been watching some videos of him. I think he's more intriguing than Cade. The assist to turnover number for Cade is really underwhelming. But I love Cade's size. A 6'8 guy with elite handles is nothing to scoff at. Plus he's a crunch time winner. So has "it".
                      He's the best player in this draft. He's also the exact type player we need. I've been talking about him before the season even began. Getting him is a pipe dream though.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

He's the best player in this draft. He's also the exact type player we need. I've been talking about him before the season even began. Getting him is a pipe dream though.
                        I agree, I think the true pipe dream is us getting the #1 pick and Orlando getting 3 and 10 (or something like that) us trading down but grabbing another pick. Drafting Green and another lottery player. That would be pretty sick, for only being bad for a season.

Comment

• Raptors have a 31.9% chance at getting a top 4 pick and 7.5% chance at #1, so its definitely a possibility.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Are you talking Cade or Green.. I think they are both difference makers and both exactly the type of players we need lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              A shooting guard who needs the ball to score and doesn't play defense? Hard pass. Green is the first-tier prospect I like least: I mean, as much as I dislike the idea of taking on a project like Kuminga, he's at least potentially multifaceted. You know who Green reminds me of? Dion Waiters. Because his statline is comparable to Dion Waiters' statline in his final year in college. (This is generally the point where people make noise about Green playing "against grown men" and, yeah, sure, he's mostly playing against guys who would be seniors in college if they hadn't declared for the draft and then washed out of the NBA.)

Do you wanna spend a top-five pick on Dion Waiters? Because I certainly don't.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Raptors have a 31.9% chance at getting a top 4 pick and 7.5% chance at #1, so its definitely a possibility.
                                Just out of curiosity...where does this number come from? I think it's closer to 28% (basically the same..but it looks worse)

Comment

Working...
                                X