Game 48 - Raptors @ OKC - March 31st, 8pm EST, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

I think Serge's impact on the team culture was massively understated. Why MaFuzzy.... why?
    That's because he would "lose his minutes" sometimes when he was playing with the bench. His shot blocking/altering, putbacks, rebounding , midrange shooting, being our best 3pt shooter (as a Centre) plus all the leadership/energy on and off the court wasn't good enough for us. Plus he apparently was too "old" to be on our plans (30) . We wanted him to play behind the washed up guy that's 5 yrs older than him and is giving the Lakers headaches right now
    Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Apr 1, 2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• People need to get over Serge lol. We would maybe have a handful of more wins with him on the team. The bench still sucks, Raptors would still play in Tampa, our players would still get COVID and so on.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        People need to get over Serge lol. We would maybe have a handful of more wins with him on the team. The bench still sucks, Raptors would still play in Tampa, our players would still get COVID and so on.
        Agreed. Love Serge and his leadership for this team is definitely understated BUT we he wouldn't have made this team right now that much better. Especially if our guys still got Covid and still had to play in Tampa. Also he's playing well with the Clippers but they're still pretty suspect for a contending team. I swear he lost his starting job to Zubac or whatever? People overrated Serge's defence. It wasn't very good and that's why we played better with Marc on the floor even though Serge is the better individual player right now
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          I think also by all accountS Serge and Gasol were great teammates and leaders in the locker room too. We clearly miss having a center—that is for sure. But some of the other drama—-slow starts, losing close games, Siakam snapping at coach, could all probably be addressed by a having a bit more leadership or veteran presence on the team. If Kyle goes next year gonna need Siakam and Fred to step into those roles.

Siakam doesn't have the personality for leadership, neither does OG. Not sure about Fred, you gonna follow him into war?
          This team needs an Alpha, a leader and some nastiness and attitude; the kind of guy that makes everyone play a little bigger.

Would be nice if it was all in one guy.

Comment

Working...
          X