Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2021 Season from Hell - Do The Raps Embrace the One Year Tank or is there a Lazurus Like Change and They Make the Playoffs - Vote Now !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shredder wrote: View Post
    The Tampa tank fell in to our lap. Embrace it.

Hopefully we can S&T Lowry into a good home.

Hopefully we can retain Trent.

Hopefully we can somehow acquire Turner from Indiana (maybe in a 3 team deal with Lowry's S&T, although I don't even know if that's allowed)

We should have a high draft pick. Hopefully the ping pong balls fall in our favour and we can get Green or Suggs.

That would give us pretty solid Defensive Starting Lineup

FVV
    Trent
    OG
    Siakam
    Turner

High draft pick rookie coming off the bench.

I'm hopeful to play in Canada again (Thanksgivings is my mental date for normalcy to begin. Most of us should be fully vaccinated by then)

I'm hopeful we can retain Masai.

I'm hopeful for the future.

I was a fan during the Babcock days. We are in much, MUCH better shape now.
    Myles Turner is a not a good rebounder... especially for his size. Yes, he will provide excellent rim protection and get blocks, but he won't do anything to stop the bleeding of those second chance opportunities that we're becoming used to. He's also a streaky shooter from 3, so not really the modern stretch 5 people are hoping for.

If we want an elite rebounder, we should try to bring back JV... which would also give us toughness and some interior scoring presence again. Pretty much automatic in the paint.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Myles Turner is a not a good rebounder... especially for his size. Yes, he will provide excellent rim protection and get blocks, but he won't do anything to stop the bleeding of those second chance opportunities that we're becoming used to. He's also a streaky shooter from 3, so not really the modern stretch 5 people are hoping for.

If we want an elite rebounder, we should try to bring back JV... which would also give us toughness and some interior scoring presence again. Pretty much automatic in the paint.
      Should also cost a lot less than Turner, both in terms of assets and cap hit. With Memphis maybe looking to transition to their younger bigs this summer, might be a realistic target too.

If they keep Lowry (or sign and trade him and therefore operate over the cap), JV might be gettable by guaranteeing and trading our NGs (Baynes, Hood) and a protected 1st. Turner feels like he'd cost more.

I do think Turner would help with the rebounding mostly by being able to provide real help without the entire team going into chaotic rotations, and without getting steamrolled like Boucher does. He'd be a very solid target. But so would JV.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Should also cost a lot less than Turner, both in terms of assets and cap hit. With Memphis maybe looking to transition to their younger bigs this summer, might be a realistic target too.

If they keep Lowry (or sign and trade him and therefore operate over the cap), JV might be gettable by guaranteeing and trading our NGs (Baynes, Hood) and a protected 1st. Turner feels like he'd cost more.

I do think Turner would help with the rebounding mostly by being able to provide real help without the entire team going into chaotic rotations, and without getting steamrolled like Boucher does. He'd be a very solid target. But so would JV.
        Pacers are tied for last in the league in rebounding (per 100 possessions). They are getting steamrolled on the boards, just like us, if that was even possible. And they've got Sabonis, who is in the top 15 in rebounding %. So, the finger is definitely pointing at Turner not helping team rebounding, in a positive way.

Comment

So tonight we draw the terrifying Washington Wizards.

A game we should have looked forward to as a chance to pad the stats a little and not work to hard before disposing of these rank amateurs like a used kleenex ... cuz thats why we kept Kyle for. Right ? Make the run to the playoffs with Kyle and the gang and see what a little Nurse off the grid defenses and a little luck could do for us once we got there. .

Yet a funny thing happened on the way to the forum and that's not how this is playing out. Curiously after turning down something for Kyle that we deemed not meeting the bar Les Raptors have still taken the path of consciously slipping into tank mode by choice. On the injury list and fighting through a sudden and now serious foot bo-bo is one Kyle Lowry. Fred has a jammed leg sort of a displaced something flexor lower body injury that could be nagging one. Watson and McCaw and Hood are in health and saftey protocols. Next thing you know we are going to be giving long run to rookies and on the bubble to be brought back players to .. wait for it.... see what we have.

This segues nicely into a lottery draft pick to boot.

This going to take some work as he bottom half of a medicore east is pretty effing lame bordering on just shitty.

Hopefully Kyle is coming back on the Dwayne Wade contract..
          The 2YR/40M$ deal ...and we are also sporting an intriguing new rookie with a high ceiling.
          If not there is ample reason to question why we didn't take what was on the table and restock the lineup.

EDIT...

As of the 530 injury report.. Freddy is out.
          Shocking

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Apr 5, 2021, 05:50 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            The problem is when it comes 2 tank season..could be more than one year, they'll be staying in Tampa Bay following year, Canadian Government is not letting up on restrictions, they are making it worse, they could be in Tampa another year 😔
            Not a chance imo.
            As bad as the Feds have messed things up in Canada, everything will be relatively back to normal Oct. assuming all the vacs are effective against the many variants that seem to be arriving regularly

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Not a chance imo.
              As bad as the Feds have messed things up in Canada, everything will be relatively back to normal Oct. assuming all the vacs are effective against the many variants that seem to be arriving regularly
              Not to mention every player in the NBA will be vaccinated already, so the reasoning to keep them out won't be there anymore. The entire Raptors team can all get vaccinated now in Florida, it opened up to all ages today.

The biggest question would be if they can have a full arena or not.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Not to mention every player in the NBA will be vaccinated already, so the reasoning to keep them out won't be there anymore. The entire Raptors team can all get vaccinated now in Florida, it opened up to all ages today.

The biggest question would be if they can have a full arena or not.
                Half arena, full arena, just get them home here.

Comment

odd, but to be clear, there a non zero path to being the 8th worst team but still be in the playoffs? That could be the sweet spot
                  (just need to catch Chicago but have OKC pass us)

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    odd, but to be clear, there a non zero path to being the 8th worst team but still be in the playoffs? That could be the sweet spot
                    (just need to catch Chicago but have OKC pass us)
                    If you're in the playoffs you are top 16 (best) in the league, which means at least 14 teams are out of the playoffs and draft ahead of you. So the highest draft position you can get is 15th, no? I could be reading that wrong, but that would not be a sweet spot, IMO.

I think you could be thinking of the scenario where we make it to play-in round, but then don't get in the playoffs? I don't think that gets us a top 8 pick either.

Comment

If you're in the playoffs you are top 16 (best) in the league, which means at least 14 teams are out of the playoffs and draft ahead of you. So the highest draft position you can get is 15th, no? I could be reading that wrong, but that would not be a sweet spot, IMO.

I think you could be thinking of the scenario where we make it to play-in round, but then don't get in the playoffs? I don't think that gets us a top 8 pick either.
                      Jclaw .. Golden is on point here.. if we get into the playoffs the best slot we can get is 15. Ping Pong balls will not matter in the least. Picking at 15 really puts us in the mushy middle.

We can get our top 8 pick on merit by continuing to not play our better players for "injury" or "health and safety" protocols or playing our rook and the guys on the fringe of the rotation big minutes to "assess what we have in a game situation". Much like Philly Eagles did in their last NFL reg season game when they took that specific moment in a 16 game schedule to "properly evaluate" a backup QB they found stacking milk crates in order to get a better draft slot.

I miss Norm even more cuz i'm sure he would have rimmed out that shot that beat the terrifying wizards last night in what we one year tankers saw as a must lose game. .
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

As a chronic Eastern conference fan, I know that the best 16 teams do not make the playoffs. The best 8 of the east and the best 8 of the west. We could be 10th in the east but have a worse record that several West teams that are out of the playoffs. My understanding is that the drafting odds don't get reseeding after the play in tournament but I could be wrong. Right now we're tied with OKC and worse than the Spurs, Warriors, Pellies and Kangz (who are also all currently out of the playoffs)

Comment

hard to find the actual rules...this kind of explains it I guess

http://www.tankathon.com/

So you could finish 7th in the East, lose two games and be in the lottery. Weird. But I guess the same could be said for the last two games of the regular season. I suppose that's better than being 7th in the east, lose in 4 to the Nets and get nothing. Tank on.

Comment

Working...
                          X