Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2021 Season from Hell - Do The Raps Embrace the One Year Tank or is there a Lazurus Like Change and They Make the Playoffs - Vote Now !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2021 Season from Hell - Do The Raps Embrace the One Year Tank or is there a Lazurus Like Change and They Make the Playoffs - Vote Now !!

After losing to perhaps the worst team in the NBA the Detroit Pistons 3 times in a month and coughing up hairballs to the Rockets, Cavs and OKC Thunder the Raps are pretty much at bottom on this year or they sure can see it from where they are.

So whats next ?

The full on one year Tampa Tank with the Raps "resting" key players down the stretch using the Health and Saftey Protocols schtick

Or

A Lazurus like rise from the dead and they scrap their way into the playoffs.

Vote and comment away.
    Embrace a One Year Tank
    86.67%
    There is an Epiphany and the Raps close out strong and make the Playoffs.
    13.33%
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 1, 2021, 11:35 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Just to clarify, I support the "one year tank" in the title as opposed to a firesale "full on tank" in the poll

Comment

I was on team B, even up until last night. I was SURE they would win last night. They got outhustled, out worked, out defended, and torched by a guy from Ukraine who's name I can't spell.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Just to clarify, I support the "one year tank" in the title as opposed to a firesale "full on tank" in the poll
        Agreed.
        Change made.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Yep. They are a really good team that currently has no ability to overcome the obstacles that have been placed in front of them. FVV and Pascal and OG operating at less than 100% capacity just scuttles the team given how top heavy the construction is. Throw in Lowry missing time and they are running out of time to push for a good playoff berth in a way they weren't a week or two ago.

By the time they are clicking again (assuming the core guys can even get there in a week or two), the best they'll be able to do is sneak into the play in and who knows how much it takes out of them to get there. With no help at the C spot it's likely just a rough first round unless everyone is fully healthy at that point (not likely).

Honestly they've had such a rough month that they are better off just capitalizing on that. Rest Lowry, give each of the core guys rotating games off to reduce the physical (and mental) load of the rest of the season. Just grab the pick and come back pissed next year.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Im all in for a one year tank. This year is just weird across the league in general. There is a bigger concern for Boston and their fanbase than our team. Can you image seeing your team that is suppose to be a borderline contender with 2 young stars be less than .500?

Comment

I'm just hoping this is a one year thing and won't carry over into next year. It feels like it would, but you never really know until we get there. I mean we are still *only* 2 games back of the play-in.

Not sure if the play-in was a good idea or a bad idea this season. Makes some of those tanking teams like Sacramento and New Orleans grab some unnecessary wins. But NBA teams are full of competitors, and if there is a little bit of light there, our guys might try and go for it.. 25 games left, only 2 games back of it and fighting against Chicago of all teams. Seems like it might happen. Can't rule it out just yet, even though we had just 1 win in March (gross).

Comment

Whoops I've voted for the wrong one how do I change it lol

Best thing to come out of this season would be a high lotto pick, everything else sucks. Squeaking in to an 8 seed and getting blown out in the first round would be a worse ending than a good draft pick. Don't even have your home fans to play the playoff games in front of.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Whoops I've voted for the wrong one how do I change it lol

Best thing to come out of this season would be a high lotto pick, everything else sucks. Squeaking in to an 8 seed and getting blown out in the first round would be a worse ending than a good draft pick. Don't even have your home fans to play the playoff games in front of.
                  The Playoff games with no fans is pretty big, even from a business perspective. I'm not sure MLSE makes money from Tampa residents going to Raptor games. Might as well get a high lottery pick, hopefully draft young, exciting star.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Yup, very happy we seem poised and intent to nab a top 10 pick but slingshot back into playoff contention next year. Gotta make lemonade when life throws you lemons but you don't want to be stuck with a career in lemonade.

That's the way to do it because even this short season we can see that losing is a disease. Gotta escape the tractor beam on the other side and I think people are now underrating when a solid foundation Fred, OG, Pascal + Trent really is. It's definitely not enough on it's own, but is it 4/5ths of a very good starting lineup when surrounded by a strong team? I'd wager yes, but they need another star-level player (at the 5 if we're going to run like this), and the right mix of youngsters and veteran

Find a way to sign Drummond with our cap space, a second tier guy and/or depth trades (maybe a little more biding of time) as Plan B. Add the right kind of players with our picks and exceptions/minimums and bob's your uncle... as long as one or two of the picks pan out sooner rather than later, and/ore you get the right trade at the right time.

Bottomline - get in, get out.

Comment

If tanking a season is inevitable, what it takes to rebuild, then I think this year is the BEST year to tank, because of Covid, shorter season, no attendance, Raptors in Tampa, we are REALLY sobering a month with Playoffs starts in May, and we are having one of the strongest draft year. I almost think it's a no brainer to tank and I kinda feel Masai is thinking the same, because he could have easily acquire a center but he chose not to instead shipping out Davids+Thomas for coming draft picks.

Comment

One year tank is all we need.
                        And this is THE perfect time to do it.
                        A promising rookie plus a FA big and we're all set to compete again next year.
                        Wih or without Kyle.

Comment

One year tank for sure. But adding a guy like drummond and a bench piece or two isnt gonna elevate the team enough. Pascal has to absolutely be better. And I'm not so sure its possible anymore. Plan A has to be Beal and hopefully, a center like Turner. A siakam package for beal to start and see if a SnT for lowry can get Turner somehow (3 team perhaps, Indy might like some of phillys youngsters if they decide to rebuild). And if not lowry, then FVV and retain Lowry. If none of that is possible, then a multi year tank is a real possibility unless pascal, og or GTjr can tear it up.

But lowry, beal, GTjr, OG and Turner is my dream right now. A lot hinges on pascal, and although I'd love to see him play if things get back to normal soon (they arent), I'd move him promptly if the wiz were interested. Not sure if we have the assets to make both moves but I'd like to try.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Yep. They are a really good team that currently has no ability to overcome the obstacles that have been placed in front of them. FVV and Pascal and OG operating at less than 100% capacity just scuttles the team given how top heavy the construction is. Throw in Lowry missing time and they are running out of time to push for a good playoff berth in a way they weren't a week or two ago.

By the time they are clicking again (assuming the core guys can even get there in a week or two), the best they'll be able to do is sneak into the play in and who knows how much it takes out of them to get there. With no help at the C spot it's likely just a rough first round unless everyone is fully healthy at that point (not likely).

Honestly they've had such a rough month that they are better off just capitalizing on that. Rest Lowry, give each of the core guys rotating games off to reduce the physical (and mental) load of the rest of the season. Just grab the pick and come back pissed next year.
                            LOL you are nothing if not the consummate company man

Comment

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X