• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 games to go

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      24 games to go
      Ugh it feels like it should be 10-12, this is the longest season ever.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Losing our best player in the first quarter while half our team is out didn't do us any favors, nice ejection there refs. Blatantly obvious he didn't even mean to lift him, he looked surprised and tried to catch him. Brutal. Does lebron get ejected for that?

I don't understand why we didn't make a trade of just about anything for a center......
        Losing to the lebronless and ad less Lakers is still horrible, pretty sure the 905 could beat them. (Probably since they have a center)

Oh and Flyn on the switch with 37yr old 7ft gasol on him, what in the earth, why didn't he just go by him?

Also a lot easier to shut down Siakam when you lose 3 out of the 4 best players around him........
        Last edited by Dvdvideo; Wed Apr 7, 2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Set aside his playoff performance in the Bubble excuse...

During this season’s 2-8 start he was in points:

so the bar was still low even way prior to him getting infected
          His +/- the first 10 games of the season were also very worrisome

+17
          +7
          +1

The 2-8 start was also a reflection of how he started his season post playoff bubble disappointment

Comment

His +/- the first 10 games of the season were also very worrisome

+17
            +7
            +1

The 2-8 start was also a reflection of how he started his season post playoff bubble disappointment
            his net +/- per 100 possessions is +8.7, which is second on the team behind, you guessed it, frederick von fuck. (i'm not counting the 14 minutes jalen harris has played)

they are our two best players, and it's not really close.

Comment

• Raps this year really suck badly on the second game of a back to back, so this outcome was not a shocker. Actually I was a bit surprised that they fought until the end.. bringing the game down to a 9 point game (should have been 8 if the refs allowed the Raps the transition opportunity).

The fight in the beginning was the highlight of the game. OG should have been suspended. He body slammed Shroeder who was standing up right when he did it. The reaction on Shroeder's face tells the whole story. OG may have been innocent but he can be awkward as hell. No idea why Harrell came barging in though. He escalated everything.

Flynn had some ugly moments, but finished strong. Pascal was pretty inefficient, but got to the line a lot which is nice to see. His defense however needs a lot more work. He's getting a lot more tired lately. That springy, full of energy Pascal, that we were accustomed to the past couple of years has vanished. Hopefully that's Covid in him that did that.. and not anything else. My point is I do hope that energy comes back again one day.

Trent's worst game as a Raptor probably. Just didn't have it. 1-6 from 3's. Was a team low -17.

Sucks to lose to the Lakers, but it is what it is at this point. We had a nice little streak going against them too. This season is so trash.

Bulls win, Raptors lose.. now 2 full games back of the play-in again. Bulls also have a game in hand. Game on Thursday should be a blast.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                24 games to go
                21 actually. 72 game schedule this year, and Raps have played 51 games now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

21 actually. 72 game schedule this year, and Raps have played 51 games now.
                  Is it? I thought it was a 75 game season for some reason...thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                    Losing our best player in the first quarter while half our team is out didn't do us any favors, nice ejection there refs. Blatantly obvious he didn't even mean to lift him, he looked surprised and tried to catch him. Brutal. Does lebron get ejected for that?

I don't understand why we didn't make a trade of just about anything for a center......
                    Losing to the lebronless and ad less Lakers is still horrible, pretty sure the 905 could beat them. (Probably since they have a center)

Oh and Flyn on the switch with 37yr old 7ft gasol on him, what in the earth, why didn't he just go by him?

Also a lot easier to shut down Siakam when you lose 3 out of the 4 best players around him........
                    OK I want to put on my rose coloured glassed and say OG was all innocent but the camera don't lie. He knew what he was doing, lifted him up and flipped him on purpose and deserved a flagrant 1, but not an ejection. The only person who saw it any other way was Matt Devlin (until he saw the other angle of the video a minute later) and you
                    Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Apr 7, 2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Raps this year really suck badly on the second game of a back to back, so this outcome was not a shocker. Actually I was a bit surprised that they fought until the end.. bringing the game down to a 9 point game (should have been 8 if the refs allowed the Raps the transition opportunity).

The fight in the beginning was the highlight of the game. OG should have been suspended. He body slammed Shroeder who was standing up right when he did it. The reaction on Shroeder's face tells the whole story. OG may have been innocent but he can be awkward as hell. No idea why Harrell came barging in though. He escalated everything.

Flynn had some ugly moments, but finished strong. Pascal was pretty inefficient, but got to the line a lot which is nice to see. His defense however needs a lot more work. He's getting a lot more tired lately. That springy, full of energy Pascal, that we were accustomed to the past couple of years has vanished. Hopefully that's Covid in him that did that.. and not anything else. My point is I do hope that energy comes back again one day.

Trent's worst game as a Raptor probably. Just didn't have it. 1-6 from 3's. Was a team low -17.

Sucks to lose to the Lakers, but it is what it is at this point. We had a nice little streak going against them too. This season is so trash.

Bulls win, Raptors lose.. now 2 full games back of the play-in again. Bulls also have a game in hand. Game on Thursday should be a blast.
                      Again, I think it some of it goes back to the conditions the guys have to play with being away from home. Living out of a hotel room for an extended period takes it's toll and I'm not even sure if their families are with them or not. It's like a season long road trip in some ways and that can be incredibly draining. Not to mention missing roster pieces, new players at the start of the season, new players in the middle of the season, uncertainty about Lowry's future, catching Rona....it's just been a lot for these guys, so I'm cutting them a lot of slack.

My hope is that facing the adversity they have this season strengthens their mettle.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

his net +/- per 100 possessions is +8.7, which is second on the team behind, you guessed it, frederick von fuck. (i'm not counting the 14 minutes jalen harris has played)

Not sure where the +8.7 net rating comes from. BBREF shows Pascal's net rating at +3.9. Fred is +3.8. OG is +3.5.

That said, almost everybody who played in the Warriors blowout got a nice +/- bump up.... except Stanley, who inexplicably was -9 in 20 minutes. Lmao. Rest of the team was +63 in only 28 minutes.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

This is going to be fun...

Was it you who I redirected to a website that you can utilize when you plan to use statistical numbers to prove your point in a sports forum? But here it is again....

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../TOR/2021.html

go down that page and check the play-by-play section...you can find there the +/- per 100 possessions of each Raptors players.

just like what golden asked you, where in the hell did you find the +8.7 of Siakam. His on court rating is +3.9 and as you stated his name Freddie Von Fuck is +3.8.

I agree with you, both are SUPPOSED TO BE the best 1/2 player of this team but their regression is significant.

why i said that?....because

just based on that stat alone...last season...

Pascal was +9.1 on court per 100 possessions

Van Vleet was +5.2

we can also discuss additional stats if you make this worthwhile for you

p.s. i hope during this potential back and forth, dont throw me again that strawman b.s. that i have to get off my horse.
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Apr 7, 2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• I think COVID and Tampa has something to do with the regression. Look at Boston for example. Tatum is +5.9 this year (down from +11.1 last year). Jalen Brown is -0.5. So he's actually been a net negative for them this year. Although he was -0.8 last year too. So maybe Jalen Brown just isn't that great.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not sure where the +8.7 net rating comes from. BBREF shows Pascal's net rating at +3.9. Fred is +3.8. OG is +3.5.

That said, almost everybody who played in the Warriors blowout got a nice +/- bump up.... except Stanley, who inexplicably was -9 in 20 minutes. Lmao. Rest of the team was +63 in only 28 minutes.
                              i'm looking at the on-off (net) +/- per 100. pascal was at +8.7 last night when i looked at it. he's now at +9.5 after last night's game. his on-court +/- per 100 is +3.9, so the team is 5.6 points per 100 worse when he sits.

yes everybody got a bump after the warriors game (except stanley johnson lol), but it's been climbing all season. it was quite negative early in the season when a lot of his minutes were tethered to baynes.

Comment

This is going to be fun...

Was it you who I redirected to a website that you can utilize when you plan to use statistical numbers to prove your point in a sports forum? But here it is again....

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../TOR/2021.html

go down that page and check the play-by-play section...you can find there the +/- per 100 possessions of each Raptors players.

just like what golden asked you, where in the hell did you find the +8.7 of Siakam. His on court rating is +3.9 and as you stated his name Freddie Von Fuck is +3.8.

I agree with you, both are SUPPOSED TO BE the best 1/2 player of this team but their regression is significant.

why i said that?....because

just based on that stat alone...last season...

Pascal was +9.1 on court per 100 possessions

Van Vleet was +5.2

we can also discuss additional stats if you make this worthwhile for you

p.s. i hope during this potential back and forth, dont throw me again that strawman b.s. that i have to get off my horse.
                                see response to golden above. i have no idea what you’re talking about with horses but i don’t have the time nor inclination for a back and forth this morning.

i know how to navigate basketball reference thanks. i’m looking at the net column, not on court. yes both pascal and fred’s on-court +/- per 100 has dropped from last year. last year the team went 53-19 with a net rating of +6.1, this year they are 20-31 with a net rating of +0.4. do you need me to draw you a map of why their on court ratings might be down this year?

both their net +/-’s are way up from last year, which just speaks to how much worse the team is around them. they’ve been bright spots on a bad team this year and pinning everything on them is dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X