No announcement yet.

GAME 52 - Toronto Raptors vs Chicago Bulls - 7:30 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Lowry and FVV sit the rest of the year, yeah, fully reasonable to expect Birch makes no difference (and it is possible Raps management is banking on something like that happening) and the tank continues going strong.

If they both return and play most of the 20ish remaining games, and we add Birch, this team is perfectly capable of making a run. Heck they could still make the playoffs clean.

Making the play-in will likely be in reach for a good while yet before those hoping for a lotto pick can be confident we are getting one.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      If Lowry and FVV sit the rest of the year, yeah, fully reasonable to expect Birch makes no difference (and it is possible Raps management is banking on something like that happening) and the tank continues going strong.

If they both return and play most of the 20ish remaining games, and we add Birch, this team is perfectly capable of making a run. Heck they could still make the playoffs clean.

Making the play-in will likely be in reach for a good while yet before those hoping for a lotto pick can be confident we are getting one.
      Lets say the Bulls finish 31-41 which is their current pace. They also have the tiebreaker as of today, so we need to finish 32-40, or 12-9 from here on out.

Here's our remaining 21 games. You tell me, Kyle and Fred or no Kyle and Fred, where you see those 12 wins coming from. I look at that board and I see the HEALTHY Raptors favored in 3 games. 2 Cleveland and 1 Washington. Cleveland recently thumped a healthy Raptors team, btw. I also see a disgusting stretch to finish the year where it starts with 5 straight games against championship contenders, and continues on turning into a stretch of 10 out of 11 against decent to good teams with something to play for. Raps will be lucky to go 7-14 the rest of the way.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The fact that there's still any debate whatsoever on whether we make the playoffs with regulars sitting and signing a stiff here and there shows that Masai/Bobby's pure tank mode is well disguised.

Comment

So how does this Fred suspension work if he's hurt? Do they wait until he's healthy then suspend him the next game?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I ususally agree with you Dan but not this time. Love the optimism though. Mainly because I don't think Fred and Kyle play majority of the remaining games. But even if they do we have too many tough teams we will be playing down the stretch for the Birch signing to make much of a difference. We also have a few back to backs left and we all know how bad we've been with those. Healthy or not
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              So how does this Fred suspension work if he's hurt? Do they wait until he's healthy then suspend him the next game?
              yeah he has to come off the injured list for it to be enforced

Comment

Fred is getting fined $150,000. That’s wild
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

yeah he has to come off the injured list for it to be enforced
                  So take him off (healthy or not) to serve his suspension .... back on if he gets injured again while on suspension lol

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    Jesus Christ... that does not make any sense under those circumstances. This season is messed up
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

It's crazy, Fred VanVleet loses $150K because Anunoby flipped Schroder like a hamburger.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        Where did you see that? I havent been able to find that anywhere.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          It's crazy, Fred VanVleet loses $150K because Anunoby flipped Schroder like a hamburger.
                          I love how OG had the same bored, blank expression hes always had, even while applying a UFC takedown.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post

Where did you see that? I havent been able to find that anywhere.

Comment

Biggest game in franchise history since.....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Biggest game in franchise history since.....

This game we are playing tonight...dude it wouldnt crack the top 500 most important games in franchise history.

Comment

Working...
                                X