GAME 52 - Toronto Raptors vs Chicago Bulls - 7:30 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The tanking denial is hilarious. They arent making the playoffs folks cause they dont want to, and thats been obvious for a couple of weeks to anyone who chooses to see it.
    I dont think that's true at all, maybe you missed the fact that we've been missing a ton of players......

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Nets have played almost the whole season without one of the big three and unfortunately, they're still the class (small c) of the East by a longshot. Without Harden, Kyrie or Durant, they're still favourites to the finals. Harden and Durant alone might be co-favorites to beat lebron/Davis and certainly are with Kyrie.

As much as I dislike lebron, I'm gonna puke if those other three get a chip like this. Harden's first, Durant's 2nd and Kyrie's second, all by super teaming it up because there's no other way to win. That's gotta be taken into consideration when you're talking legacies but it won't since everyone from lebron down has shown it's the only way to go in the modern NBA.
      Well they did manage to fill out the rest of the team bit. But Kyrie gets hurt like every couple of months, and I'm not convinced about Durants health either. If they both go down for a few games at the same time, they are done.
      I dont with them to win either, but I sure hope it's Denver/clippers or Philly/bucks that puts them out, I don't want lebron / ad to win again.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Yeah, there's a lot of quality on this roster, but it is poorly constructed. I feel good about a lot of the pieces we have going in to next year. Losing is painful and there's still a long way to go before the draft lottery, but this is a transition year and we're playing the cards we've been dealt with the pandemic and this fucked up season. Our good players didn't all of a sudden become trash. I feel really optimistic for next year, but I want a good lottery pick dammit!
        Agreed!
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Well they did manage to fill out the rest of the team bit. But Kyrie gets hurt like every couple of months, and I'm not convinced about Durants health either. If they both go down for a few games at the same time, they are done.
          I dont with them to win either, but I sure hope it's Denver/clippers or Philly/bucks that puts them out, I don't want lebron / ad to win again.
          Agreed. The problem is there's too many teams to dislike and they're generally the favourites
          Don't want either of the LA's, don't want Nets, Heat, Bucks, Sixers or Celtics....

Denver, Utah, Dallas would be better.....oh, and Raptors.

Comment

I dont think that's true at all, maybe you missed the fact that we've been missing a ton of players......
            Seriously, man if this team really wanted to make the playoffs, then they would. Its really that simple. They have the ability. Half these non covid related "injuries" are, I bet, the type of ailments that most players would play through if the team were serious about winning and making the playoffs. Lowry out for sore toe, lol. No they packed it in weeks ago. I mean, i can see it in their effort, attention to detail and their demeanor on the court. We've seen it many times in the past, the tremendous effort these guys can play with, the desperation and desire to win...it happened earlier in the season before covid struck when they were winning. Guys were playing better sure, but they were pkaying harder, especially defensively. I dont even remember the last time I witnessed pascal playing hard defence, and he is as good as anyone when he focuses and actually tries hard. The effort isnt there, we are not witnessing the typical raptors ball we have been used to enjoying the past few seasons as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Seriously, man if this team really wanted to make the playoffs, then they would. Its really that simple. They have the ability. Half these non covid related "injuries" are, I bet, the type of ailments that most players would play through if the team were serious about winning and making the playoffs. Lowry out for sore toe, lol. No they packed it in weeks ago. I mean, i can see it in their effort, attention to detail and their demeanor on the court. We've seen it many times in the past, the tremendous effort these guys can play with, the desperation and desire to win...it happened earlier in the season before covid struck when they were winning. Guys were playing better sure, but they were pkaying harder, especially defensively. I dont even remember the last time I witnessed pascal playing hard defence, and he is as good as anyone when he focuses and actually tries hard. The effort isnt there, we are not witnessing the typical raptors ball we have been used to enjoying the past few seasons as far as I'm concerned.
              Your seeing what you want to see. Pascal still plays excellent defense most of the time. Lowry's toe was actually infected and a real problem, not a made up excuse. You've decided they have given up, even though they have not. You try playing against nba teams with a g league lineup.....

Comment

I think the fact they've been missing players and still choosing to sit key guys on key games vs teams directly fighting for the 7th/8th seed is pretty telling. They rested Lowry, Siakam and OG at least once in the recent stretch and looks like Lowry is resting again today. Fred we don't know for sure but he may very well be in a position to play if the stakes were high, but the team is deciding to keep him out, so more development minutes can be available to Flynn.

These are not necessarily "tanking" moves per se, or saying "we suck and can't make the playoffs", but it points to the strategy being a lottery pick this year, and coming back stronger next year.

It's ok to choose to write off a season than come back fighting the year after. It's what Golden state did the year they drafted Wiseman.

Comment

• I do have to say, lowry sitting out last night has me raising an eyebrow, though they do have a back to back......

Comment

I do have to say, lowry sitting out last night has me raising an eyebrow, though they do have a back to back......
                    Lowry rested an earlier game as well, so has Pascal and OG. At this point the Raptors are protecting their players over making a push for the Playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if one of OG or Pascal rested today.

Comment

Your seeing what you want to see. Pascal still plays excellent defense most of the time. Lowry's toe was actually infected and a real problem, not a made up excuse. You've decided they have given up, even though they have not. You try playing against nba teams with a g league lineup.....
                      What i want to see is this team playing as hard as they have for the past 8 seasons or so. But thats not what i'm seeing. And had they done that they would be in a better position than they are, and I wouldnt be cheering for team #TampaTank. And pascals defence is no where near the level it can be, the effort and attention to detail just isnt there consistently. There are legitimate reasons for this, given the impact that covid had on him, others and the team as a whole. There hasnt been a consistent run of good basketball from pascal, lowry and fvv since before covid struck. That screwed up march and I dont think these guys have been putting too much pressure on themselves to make the playoffs. Management is clearly on board, given all the rest. Shit, they rested GTJr last night. And the only players playing hard consistently right now, are the young guys fighting for minutes and got something to prove.

All this makes sense to me, I dont know why its hard for you to accept. The last thing anyone wants right now is for these guys recovering from infection to push themselves too hard and mess up their health. Theres some weird shit happening to people with covid, with lasting effects. They are being precautious, and rightfully so. As for lowry, hes played through alot of injuries, and if this team was serious about winning right now he'd be playing alot of the games he's missing. Playing through minor injuries at this point in the season is par for the course in the NBA.

Comment

• I agree that covid could be having serious lingering effects.....

They really could still make the playoffs this year in that 10 spot though, and if you get everyone back be a real problem for other teams. Maybe the stars align and they feel better, get comfortable, and make some noise.
                        Orlando announcers for last night's game were saying that, they felt if raps were healthy they would be dangerous come playoff time.

Comment

Working...
                        X