Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Khem Birch

More Canadian content

Hope Boucher keeps starting and baynes minutes go away. Will be good to get a look at him the rest of the season too see if he has potential to be a decent backup big
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

If Khem has the right attitude, this is a great opportunity for him. I don't know what his situation was in Orlando, other than for the last year or so his minutes have mostly come from playing power forward while someone else was playing center. A position of need exists on the Raptors, they are a good group of guys who willingly share the ball, they've got a great coach and assistants, a great development system, and minutes are available. Prove'm Khem.

Comment

I'd start him if he can rebound better than Boucher.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
          I'd start him if he can rebound better than Boucher.
          Nurse already quoted saying Birch is a backup big.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Nurse already quoted saying Birch is a backup big.
            You can quote me saying he should start if he can rebound better than Boucher

Comment

You can quote me saying he should start if he can rebound better than Boucher
              Done. (See above.)

Given Boucher's recent 19-rebound game, I don't think it's a question of rebounding better or worse. I do think there are matchups where Boucher should not be starting at center because he gives up too much size and weight, and if Birch proves as capable as a center as we're speculating he will, that Birch should start those games provided we don't need all five players to space the floor on offence.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

Done. (See above.)

Given Boucher's recent 19-rebound game, I don't think it's a question of rebounding better or worse. I do think there are matchups where Boucher should not be starting at center because he gives up too much size and weight, and if Birch proves as capable as a center as we're speculating he will, that Birch should start those games provided we don't need all five players to space the floor on offence.
                I think Boucher's 19 rebound game was great but it doesn't change the fact that rebounding is a weakness of his. We have decent rebounding at every other position (Kyle, Fred, OG, and Pascal are all good to great rebounders at their position) but if you put in a center who just gets pushed around it's pretty hopeless. Oh, I miss JV.

Comment

I think Boucher's 19 rebound game was great but it doesn't change the fact that rebounding is a weakness of his. We have decent rebounding at every other position (Kyle, Fred, OG, and Pascal are all good to great rebounders at their position) but if you put in a center who just gets pushed around it's pretty hopeless. Oh, I miss JV.
                  I watched JV's last game and it was so weird seeing him put his back to an opposition centre and just back him out of there forcefully. We're an I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter soft team.

Comment

When does Birch arrive? Tonight?

Comment

The front page article by arsenal about birch replacing baynes was scathing but also like every word of honest truth about the situation was plucked from my brain. Oh my.

Comment

The saga continues
                        Khem Birch
                        Khem Birch

Comment

Comment

Three years for $20 million is a good deal for the Raptors. I think Khem brings a lot to the table. He might bring more this season if he has been working on some additional skills after being given a larger role in the offense, compared to his tasks in Orlando.

Comment

Ya, I think it’s a great trade, seems like he is a good fit on the team, and has drive to be better

Comment

Working...
                              X