GAME 54 - Toronto Raptors vs New York - April 11 2021 @ 8 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Market values fluctuate and depend on need. Is trading Pascal a sell move or a buy move? If buying, you could surely sell Pascal with a couple firsts and/or prospect like we got for Kawhi. The price will be higher now because of what Presti got for George.. most rebuilding teams want picks and lots and lots of them.

But when Harden was available, and Houston was sort of still trying, I'm sure we could have gotten him for Pascal and firsts if we wanted to. And I'm not sure that value has dropped after this year.

If selling, then I'm sure we could get at minimum what New Orleans got for Jrue Holiday. But again it depends on how desperate a team is. You can't go wrong with a 22/9 guy that can play good defense and has high character. He'll have as much value in trades as guys like Jaylen Brown, Jamal Murray, Brandon Ingram, or Bam Adebayo. Nobody there is a super star.. but they are all really good second options.
    Other than Jrue.... do you really think that those teams would trade any of those players straight up for Pascal? I think you could be overvaluing his market.

The problem is that Pascal's reputation took a huge hit in the bubble, and that negative impression was re-inforced at the start of the season, and again with each of these non-clutch gaffes and bad attitude incidents with the team. I don't think Pascal is in the same class as those guys and I think other GMs around the league would perceive it the same. Perception becomes reality, and when you're talking the salary levels, it becomes a really high risk decision for GMs.

The best opportunities would be where there is a Kawhi or Harden type of trade demand, or a star having a down year for reasons that are fixable, which creates a buy low opportunity.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Other than Jrue.... do you really think that those teams would trade any of those players straight up for Pascal? I think you could be overvaluing his market.

The problem is that Pascal's reputation took a huge hit in the bubble, and that negative impression was re-inforced at the start of the season, and again with each of these non-clutch gaffes and bad attitude incidents with the team. I don't think Pascal is in the same class as those guys and I think other GMs around the league would perceive it the same. Perception becomes reality, and when you're talking the salary levels, it becomes a really high risk decision for GMs.

The best opportunities would be where there is a Kawhi or Harden type of trade demand, or a star having a down year for reasons that are fixable, which creates a buy low opportunity.

Nobody trades 1 for 1 like that.. you either buy or sell.. not exchange parts unless they are both over inflated (like Russ for Wall). My point is we could get the same type of package for Pascal that Denver could get for Murray. Or New Orleans could get for Ingram.

His market value matches theirs.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
        The only reason Pascal double dribbled is the new York player ran in the passing lane that he was about to pass to unexpectedly and he didn't want to turn it over. The way you guys talk about it is like he put up an airball with 5 seconds left wide open.
        I think if Trent ran to the corner, which Pascal likely expected, the Knicks player wouldn't have been able to get into the passing lane, but Trent pulled up early so the lane got cut off as Pascal went to pass.

Still a play you'd like to see him recognize a split second earlier to keep his hand off the ball, but it's not like he just forgot the rules.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I didn't say play in, I said playoffs.

The only thing that could prevent the Raptors from making the playoffs is Nurse. He is CLEARLY tanking. Forget resting one of his best players last night(OG). Nurse is known as a coach who plays his best players heavy mins. The Raptors two best players are Lowry and Trent. Both those guys sat the first 8 mins of the 4th. Mike Breen thought there was something wrong with Lowry because Lowry sat most of the 4th.

If Nurse keeps doing this then they're going to be in the lottery. But if he coaches this team like he normally does then they're going to surpass Chicago in the standings and it's not even going to be close.
          Oh wow. Playoffs. You aren't playing with your optimism lol. Yea that was really weird how he sat them for so long when they were both playing well. I have a feeling he was so shocked that our bench was actually finally playing well for once that he got carried away and let them ride for a few minutes too long. Hopefully that does not happen again.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• It was that unit with flynn that gave us a chance to win that game. Should have left pascal on the bench if they really wanted to win, lowry too probably. I've been saying for weeks now, that they dont care about winning. Development has been top of mind for some time now.

Comment

• Is pascal and our 2021 first enough to get beal in the offseason? Its clear we need a primary scorer, pascal isnt that, and pascal needs a primary scorer in order to assume his ideal role. How do we get that player and keep pascal? I dont know but if given a choice which would you make?

pascal + 1st for beal or
              OG + 1st for beal?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Is pascal and our 2021 first enough to get beal in the offseason? Its clear we need a primary scorer, pascal isnt that, and pascal needs a primary scorer in order to assume his ideal role. How do we get that player and keep pascal? I dont know but if given a choice which would you make?

pascal + 1st for beal or
                OG + 1st for beal?
                Beal would bring Spicy back to Prime P imobut I want to keep OG around too....that's the beauty of signing a significant FA for nothing but cash ....something we have proven entirely unable to do.

Comment

Working...
                X