Game 56 Toronto Raptors vs San Antonio Spurs - 7:30 PM EST Apr 14/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post

I see! I didn’t realize White was bad. Especially since he played so well against us the other day. But I did know that they were a bad defensive team which definitely doesn’t help. How has Thad’s role Changed? I thought starting him was smart because he’s the only player that actually plays defence?
    Young was a huge part of their offense before the trade. He was playing the point forward role for them kinda like Draymond Green. Now he's just another guy.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

1. Orlando Magic
      2. Oklahoma City Thunder
      3. Brooklyn Nets
      4. @ New York Knicks
      5. Cleveland Cavaliers
      6. Brooklyn Nets
      7. @ Denver Nuggets
      8. @ Utah Jazz
      9. @ Los Angeles Lakers
      10. @ Los Angeles Clippers
      11. Washington Wizards
      12. Memphis Grizzlies
      13. Los Angeles Clippers
      14. @ Chicago Bulls
      15. @ Dallas Mavericks
      16. Indiana Pacers
      Last stretch of games for the Raptors, highlighted teams above .500 except for Memphis because it's uncertain if they'll stay above. It's hard to predict how the team will do now that they have 2 new centers who can actually play, and Fred coming back. Lowry will also come back at some point. They also have 3 back to backs where Nurse will probably rest some of the guys. We could potentially lose to teams like Washington and Oklahoma but this team is unpredictable

Washington does have a chance to overtake us, I think they only have about 5 games playing teams above .500

A lot of our fate lies in whether Chicago gets their shit together and plays better.
      OG is our king

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

No.. if they win the play-in and make the playoffs, their pick moves up to 15th and they do not get a lottery chance to move to the top 4.

If they lose in the play-in (either round 1 or round 2) then they will stay where they are at.. so 10th in the East, possibly 9th worst in the league with a chance to get into the top 4.

Don't know why I thought otherwise. Except if play in is supposed to make end of season more exciting and was originally an anti tank idea, potentially losing several draft positions by winning the last 2 games of your season (before the 1st round) may not always be the incentive they want it to be.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Looks like half the team is resting.

Comment

Whoops. Wrong thread.

Comment

Guys, I didn't ask why people WANTED the Raptors to potentially lose a play in game. I asked why people would expect them to. Very different question.

Yes, a high lotto pick would be great. But if this team gets to the play in, and is healthy, and the guys who had COVID have mostly shaken off the obvious aftereffects? With even remotely competent C play that's a home court team that should steamroll other play in teams. Now, that's a lot of ifs but I don't think any of them are crazy, especially given the context is a scenario where they are playing well enough to get into the play in to start with.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Guys, I didn't ask why people WANTED the Raptors to potentially lose a play in game. I asked why people would expect them to. Very different question.

Yes, a high lotto pick would be great. But if this team gets to the play in, and is healthy, and the guys who had COVID have mostly shaken off the obvious aftereffects? With even remotely competent C play that's a home court team that should steamroll other play in teams. Now, that's a lot of ifs but I don't think any of them are crazy, especially given the context is a scenario where they are playing well enough to get into the play in to start with.
                Agreed. But at this point it’s clear that we are at least trying to tank. I don’t think we will see our full team play at all the rest of this season. Seems like they’re gonna continue to rest key players every game. If they continue to do that we definitely won’t make the play in.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Agreed. But at this point it’s clear that we are at least trying to tank. I don’t think we will see our full team play at all the rest of this season. Seems like they’re gonna continue to rest key players every game. If they continue to do that we definitely won’t make the play in.
                  Agreed with both points too, we lose if they keep resting people and its dumb.

Comment

Sure. That does seem rather obviously to be the goal.

Point remains though. If they make the play in, they'll likely not rest guys in those games, and should swamp the opposition.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Point remains though. If they make the play in, they'll likely not rest guys in those games, and should swamp the opposition.
                      Very true. Definitely agree with that. We are better when healthy that any of the teams that would be in the play in,
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Because they have to win twice in a row, with no room for error. So it's not as simple as just "oh they're in now". Simple probability tells me that any team can slip up in that situation, even the good ones.

Are we a good one? Well, I dunno if on that day, out of nowhere, the juggernaut Raptors will emerge from the cocoon, and slaughter 2 decent opponents one after the another, and then roll into the playoffs. But again, I admire your confidence.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X