Everything Paul Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Paul Watson

Well, I went back 20 pages in the threads list and couldn't find anything with Paul Watson's name on it so I made one. After the second most efficient 30 point scoring night in Raptors history, he deserves one.

From Blakes article on the game (great read as per usual):
    "Under-the-radar guys,” Watson said of himself and Watanabe. “Just continued to stick with it and didn’t really listen to what anybody else had to say about our process or our path. Just stayed focused and had tunnel vision, stuck to the grind. I feel like it definitely is showing, I feel like we’re getting an opportunity, and I feel like we’re definitely taking advantage of it.”
    I guess he doesn't read these forum threads.

Good for him, he's playing for his next contract and I hope he finds a spot on this team.

It's amazinng what you can do when you have minutes-security and the opportunity to let the game naturally come to you (as opposed to forcing it in short spurts to show the coach something, or playing scared of a hook that would come after a turnover)

Him and Flynn have benefited tremendously from this approach to evaluating and developing players. I hope we can keep Watson. He's a 6'6" wing that can take it to the rim, defend well and shoot the 3.

Comment

PWJ is locked into a minimum deal next season.

Yuta is playing for his next contract, as he'll be an RFA coming off his two way deal.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Good for him, he's playing for his next contract and I hope he finds a spot on this team.

It's amazinng what you can do when you have minutes-security and the opportunity to let the game naturally come to you (as opposed to forcing it in short spurts to show the coach something, or playing scared of a hook that would come after a turnover)

Him and Flynn have benefited tremendously from this approach to evaluating and developing players. I hope we can keep Watson. He's a 6'6" wing that can take it to the rim, defend well and shoot the 3.
        Yeah one benefit is now that winning is not a priority you can afford to develop these young guys
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
        X