Does Kyle Lowry play another game this year poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Kyle Lowry play another game this year poll

SInce the March 25th trade deadline where we would just not part with the cornerstone of the franchise.... Kyle has suited up maybe twice in 3 and half weeks.
    Does he play another game this year ?.
    Poll closes April 21 at noon.
    Nope Kyle doesn't play till next year.
    0%
    Yeah but 3 games or less
    22.22%
    At least 5 or 6 games
    66.67%
    10 or more games
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Yah I think he plays a few game (voted at least 5-6) but think they'll limit his minutes in a potential goodbye tour.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Yah I think he plays a few game (voted at least 5-6) but think they'll limit his minutes in a potential goodbye tour.
      They go to the west coast ....Thinking Kyle will want to play if there is a national tv game with one of the two LA teams
      - TGO

Comment

I say a few but I really wonder what happens if the Raptors get the play in - do they activate everyone and go all out or do they keep doing this and let the chips fall? Really wouldn't be surprised either way at this point.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          I say a few but I really wonder what happens if the Raptors get the play in - do they activate everyone and go all out or do they keep doing this and let the chips fall? Really wouldn't be surprised either way at this point.
          They have been sitting Pascal and OG a lot.
          Kyle and Fred probably do have some kind of an injury but ya gotta think that if it was playoffs they'd also probably be in the lineup with duct tape and chicken wire holding them together.
          This a season like no other and a confluence of events have weighed heavily. .

A LOT of games in a condensed schedule. They have to get them in for that big TV money. Have to. And its physically wearing. Tthe Raps didn't settle on where they would play this year till late in the process which has to be both mentally and physically draining for the guys with families and probably for those who don't as they scrambled setting up home base for the year. Playing in empty buildings night after night after night has the same appeal as the coveted 11:30 Tuesday night game in January with snow in the forecast for beer league hockey guys. And they started out like 2 and 8 and its been a serious slog.
          And underlying it all is this black swan event of Covid.
          I think as an organization they have just said "no mas".

I was virulent anti tanker during the great Tank for Wiggins tong wars..This time around the high percentage play is to embrace the one year tank.
          Try to get as high a FRP as possible. The probability of getting an impact player at 6 to 8 is just mathematically higher than getting the same kind of player at 14-16. I know there are exceptions and whatabouts but they are outliers and not the norm. If you were a GM and had a choice between picking 6 or 15.. what would you do ?.

Id be surprised, if after almost three weeks of sitting at least 3 starters a night, there is an epiphany of sorts in the next week and they put the varsity in for the rest of the way and make a run for the post season.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Apr 19, 2021, 11:26 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

Yeah I don't mean what if they push for the play in now, I mean what if they end up there anyway. Currently in it because they've played really bad teams, doubt they have PWJ and Boucher dropping 30s on contenders but who knows? What if they win a few more and the bottom of the East continues to suck? And if they end up within range after a dozen more games, do they make a run for it then or just play it out with the JV team no matter what?

Comment

Raps get a steady diet of playoff teams either looking to move up or get in to the end of the year. Going to be hard for the JV to do much against them. I believe we continue to llook at Flynn and what he projects to with a steady workload to the end of the year and what they see influences who they take in the draft and what they do with Lowry. Falling in love with your players usually results in keeping them a year to long and it costs.. I think Masai just committed that sin by not moving him at this years deadline. Hope I am wrong

FWIW i think the Bulls right the ship and they will duke it out with the Whiz, the Pacers and Charlotte for the 8 thru 10 slots. Who gets in out of those 4 is anyones guess.Surprised at Indy being in the same boat as us lately... They are heading due south and now Turner is on the shelf .. for a while it seems.

After that we won't limbo under any of Cleveland Detroit or Orlando... Its got to be a long season for Clifford in Orlando. Would not be surprised if they whack him after the season. Guys a good coach but if your tearing it down to the studs you may as well get a fresh voice. They are a long ways away.

Sacto has 4 left against Minny (2) and OKC (2). and a couple against Memphis who they match up well with and one each with Golden State and Indy who seem about ready to tap out.
              Sacto are run by meth heads I think... If they take 5 or 6 games of their remaining 15 games we can slip under them for 7th pick before the ping pong balls determine final draft spots..
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Apr 20, 2021, 01:05 AM.
              - TGO

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                The optics of sitting guys in the actual play in games, which the NBA are trying to pretend are a big deal, would be really bad and land us in the commissioners dog house. That said, expect the unexpected with this management team
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think they plan to keep soft tanking but let the bench players take us to here we eventually land, good or bad. If by some miracle we make the play-in, all bets are off and I bet it's all hands on deck. You can't say "you played your guts out guys and made the play-in against all odds.... but we're sitting healthy Kyle and Freddy tonight, Pascal and OG tomorrow, good luck"

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    I think they plan to keep soft tanking but let the bench players take us to here we eventually land, good or bad. If by some miracle we make the play-in, all bets are off and I bet it's all hands on deck. You can't say "you played your guts out guys and made the play-in against all odds.... but we're sitting healthy Kyle and Freddy tonight, Pascal and OG tomorrow, good luck"
                    I agree, but on the other hand what if the depth guys get them there then have to suddenly sit and watch the starters play 35 mpg for the first time since February. That would suck for the guys putting in the work lol.

I don't think this will happen at all. Good teams are coming up and we'll soon see the difference between Yuta, PWJ, etc and established NBA level rotation players on playoff bound teams.

It's not a bad end to the year so far all things considered. This is some good run for the depth guys and they have a pretty pressing need to fill out the roster. Should be able to settle on at least a couple guys for next year's top 10.

​

Comment

Kinda reminds me how the Jays would always finish the year on a good run when they were already well out of contention, giving cheap Rogers plenty of rope to say "we're very close and don't need top add players and try and compete ..... for years on years on years....

Hopefully the Raps don't try and live off the chip for another 10 or 20 ..... they don't have the Jays excuse of "the fans have to show up first", that was disgusting

Comment

Kyle count is now at 1 (one) .
                        - TGO

Comment

Kyle has been ruled out of the season finale against Indy.
                          He has played in 6 of the 15 games since the poll was posted on April 18th....

Winners are

- TGO

Comment

Working...
                          X