Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • magoon wrote: View Post

    I really hope you meant 97-98 Spurs instead, or else you are the world's weakest optimist.
    Yes, 96-97 Spurs being this year's Raptors. My bad.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Posting here too...

      Here is my retool proposal....

      Trade Siakam for KAT
      Trade Van Vleet/ Boucher and 2 SRPs for Brogdon and Sabonis

      Sign GTJ for 15 million
      Sign JJ Redick for the MLE

      select Kai Jones/ or Giddey/ or Kispert/ or Wagner (whoever is the Best Player available)

      retain Yuta, Birch, Bembry and Watson

      Sabonis
      KAT
      OG
      GTJ
      Brogdon

      Flynn
      JJ Redick
      Birch
      Yuta
      Bembry
      Watson
      2021 FRP project
      Another idea....

      retain Siakam.

      Sabonis
      Siakam
      OG
      GTJ
      Brogdon

      Reassess until the Feb trade deadline.

      Prudent Asset management shying away from mediocrity with Kyle Lowry very likely gone but still very young core (Sabonis/ OG/ GTJ/ Flynn/ 2021 FRP) to develop

      or just stick to the original proposal

      Sabonis - 25
      KAT - 25
      OG - 23
      GTJ - 22
      Flynn - 23
      2021 FRP - 19/20
      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sat May 22, 2021, 10:26 AM.

      Comment


      • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

        Another idea....

        retain Siakam.

        Sabonis
        Siakam
        OG
        GTJ
        Brogdon

        Reassess until the Feb trade deadline.

        Prudent Asset management shying away from mediocrity with Kyle Lowry very likely gone but still very young core (Sabonis/ OG/ GTJ/ Flynn/ 2021 FRP) to develop

        or just stick to the original proposal

        Sabonis - 25
        KAT - 25
        OG - 23
        GTJ - 22
        Flynn - 23
        2021 FRP - 19/20
        Starting to think you're tenforthewin
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

        Comment


        • Perfect Offseason
          1) Draft - If we win the lottery, we should draft Evan Mobley as our future starting C, if not, we pick Alperen Sengun with the 7th pick if Scottie Barnes get picked before us.
          2) Sign and Trade Kyle Lowry + Rodney Hood + Chris Boucher to Miami for Kendrick Nunn (FA), Duncan Robinson, and Precious Anchiuwa
          3) Resign Gary Trent JR
          4) Gone are the Stanley Johnson, Aron Baynes, DeAndre Bembry, and Paul Watson Jr

          Roster Scenario With Mobley
          Nunn/Flynn/Draft PG
          FVV/JHarris/Draft SG
          GTrent Jr/OG/KWatanabe
          PSiakam/DRobinson/PAnchiuwa
          EMobley/KBirch/FGillespie

          Roster Scenario with Scottie Barnes
          Nunn/Flynn/Draft PG
          FVV/JHarris/Draft SG
          OG/SBarnes/KWatanabe (Do not resign Gary Trent Jr, let him walk)
          PSiakam/DRobinson/PAnchiuwa
          Starting C/KBirch/FGillespie (Sign a starting C, Kelly Olynyk, Rishaun Holmes, or Mitchell Robinson)

          Roster Scenario with Alepren Sengun
          Nunn/Flynn/Draft PG
          FVV/JHarris/Draft SG
          GTrent Jr/OG/KWatanabe (Resign Gary Trent Jr)
          PSiakam/DRobinson/PAnchiuwa
          ASengun/KBirch/FGillespie
          - Back to Bargnani era where Alpere Sengun is our new Bargnani but hopefully his better at rebound and block shots.

          Comment


          • RandomGuy wrote: View Post

            Starting to think you're tenforthewin
            ^^^^ And the bat signal is answered.... right on cue. Totally random, guy. Lol.

            Comment


            • RandomGuy wrote: View Post

              Starting to think you're tenforthewin
              Now you know I am not him based on our different approach to how we can retool the team after that post

              Comment


              • bump?

                Comment


                • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  bump?
                  Think we’re all in a holding pattern til the draft lottery

                  Comment


                  • Jclaw wrote: View Post

                    Think we’re all in a holding pattern til the draft lottery
                    fair enough.


                    So I asked a question before but no one answered it. Here is my question. Can you win with enough tier two guys like siakam and OG, and Fred and if so then how do we get one more tier two...



                    also what do you all think the importance of a bench is?

                    Comment


                    • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                      fair enough.


                      So I asked a question before but no one answered it. Here is my question. Can you win with enough tier two guys like siakam and OG, and Fred and if so then how do we get one more tier two...



                      also what do you all think the importance of a bench is?
                      First time poster, long time follower. Not a big fan of having a team full of tier 2 guys. The 2004 Pistons were an anomaly. The Clippers/Mavericks series is a nice recent example of how one guy can win you a series.

                      Not sure how you get more tier 2 guys with the money that’s already committed outside a sign and trade for Lowry. May need to look at getting a couple of younger tier 2s for him and hope that they develop in 2-3 years.

                      A S&T for Lowry packaged with Siakam for a Tier 1 + filler would be interesting. Don’t know how many Tier 1s are actually available.

                      Comment


                      • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                        fair enough.


                        So I asked a question before but no one answered it. Here is my question. Can you win with enough tier two guys like siakam and OG, and Fred and if so then how do we get one more tier two...



                        also what do you all think the importance of a bench is?
                        You need a top tier guy to win it all. That said, a big point many fans lose while drooling about superstars: They also need strong tier 2 guys all around them to win it. Top tier guys/superstars without a solid supporting team don't win diddly-squat: Lebron's lakers without AD (his first Laker season and this past one), AD's Pelicans, Durant's OKC, Harden's Houston, Kawhi's Clippers last year (and probably this year), Steph without Klay etc. It's a team sport.

                        Having a good number of tier 2 guys is essential. Not only it forms the foundation for a superstar to take you over the top, but it's also the very currency/asset pool you need to trade for one, when the opportunity comes.

                        Bench is also key. If you look at the past champions there's always a 6th or 7th guy giving key playoff minutes. For us it was Fred, Serge & Norm. The fans and media (including social media), want to make it all about the top guys (and that's alright, that the easiest way to market the league) - but at the of the day it will always be a team sport. Teams/FO's that lose sight of that won't win.
                        2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                        Comment


                        • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                          You need a top tier guy to win it all. That said, a big point many fans lose while drooling about superstars: They also need strong tier 2 guys all around them to win it. Top tier guys/superstars without a solid supporting team don't win diddly-squat: Lebron's lakers without AD (his first Laker season and this past one), AD's Pelicans, Durant's OKC, Harden's Houston, Kawhi's Clippers last year (and probably this year), Steph without Klay etc. It's a team sport.

                          Having a good number of tier 2 guys is essential. Not only it forms the foundation for a superstar to take you over the top, but it's also the very currency/asset pool you need to trade for one, when the opportunity comes.

                          Bench is also key. If you look at the past champions there's always a 6th or 7th guy giving key playoff minutes. For us it was Fred, Serge & Norm. The fans and media (including social media), want to make it all about the top guys (and that's alright, that the easiest way to market the league) - but at the of the day it will always be a team sport. Teams/FO's that lose sight of that won't win.
                          I would expect top tier guys to be looking at the supporting cast they have at different destination. Money generally trumps all, but a high salary and a chance at a chip would seem to be the holy grail for these guys. Unless they want to just live in LA.

                          Comment


                          • Saving cap space for the summer of Giannis was the right move even if it didn't work out. Bringing in a star with multiple years on their contract is still the end game for this team. Maybe they find one in the draft or maybe they trade their pick in a package for a star...we'll see how things unfold.

                            Comment


                            • Just read the free agent preview at the Athletic. The more I think of it, the more I think we just run it back and stay nimble. If we can resign Kyle to a reasonable number great. As mentioned above, stay flexible and be ready to pounce rather than signing another Carroll contract. I wouldn’t really want Kemba but there’s another example of an all star suddenly wanting out. You never know what will happen.

                              Comment


                              • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Just read the free agent preview at the Athletic. The more I think of it, the more I think we just run it back and stay nimble. If we can resign Kyle to a reasonable number great. As mentioned above, stay flexible and be ready to pounce rather than signing another Carroll contract. I wouldn’t really want Kemba but there’s another example of an all star suddenly wanting out. You never know what will happen.
                                I’m thinking the handprints are on Kembas back here. Boston is moving on from him.
                                Tatum and Brown are not getting younger.
                                Boston will look for a PG this offseason. Somewhere. In the draft. In a trade. Indy seems to be churning. Maybe they offer enough for Brogdon.

                                What Ujiri does with Lowry will be telling. He can play competitive mid ceiling basketball with Kyle or he can take the higher degree of risk and get additional young players to get a better bench and move guys along in the succession plans if he says no to Kyle at Kyles price. Command decision awaits.
                                Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X