'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

In that case in May 2013, he see one of the young core of OG/GTJ/Flynn as his Derozan (23 years old) and Van Vleet as his Lowry (27 years of age) .

In all seriousness, I have said this already, this 2021 FRP has to be the one/ a lot on the line…after all, the tank brigade not only the fans but Masai/ Bobby and Nick Nurse all worked their tails off to get that 7th spot
    Again you are using age.. use time of service. When Masai got here in 2013, DeMar had played 4 seasons with the Raptors. He gave him another 5 before he traded him. So if you want to use this same timeline.. then give Fred and Pascal at least another 4 before he trades one or both of them.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Again you are using age.. use time of service. When Masai got here in 2013, DeMar had played 4 seasons with the Raptors. He gave him another 5 before he traded him. So if you want to use this same timeline.. then give Fred and Pascal at least another 4 before he trades one or both of them.
      It also depends what the team does. The Lowry/Derozan core improved each year and got to the Eastern Conference Finals before running head first into the wall that was Lebron. If Pascal/Fred are the key guys and the team doesn't improve over the next few seasons, I can see Masai looking at potential trades, obviously he won't trade them for the sake of trading them though.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It also depends what the team does. The Lowry/Derozan core improved each year and got to the Eastern Conference Finals before running head first into the wall that was Lebron. If Pascal/Fred are the key guys and the team doesn't improve over the next few seasons, I can see Masai looking at potential trades, obviously he won't trade them for the sake of trading them though.
        Yeah.. I think this past season was an abomination and not the norm. We had the 2nd best record in the league, and a few possessions away from the ECF (although we could have been down 0-3 as well if not for that miracle OG shot). But we lost some serious depth/talent in Serge and Marc. And now we don't have Norm, and maybe Lowry.

Was this past season, year 1 of our project? We didn't get the playoff matchup like we did against Brooklyn the first time around. But Covid and Tampa ruined our plans.

If we are going down the same path / timeframe as the last core, then the season coming up was the season we got swept by the Wizards in the first round. Masai didn't panic and came back with the same core though. So if we mess it up all over again, I think Fred, Pascal and OG get one more opportunity at least.

It was year 3 where we made it to the ECF and got wrecked by Lebron. Then we got swept by Lebron in year 4. Then we got Kawhi and magic happened.

It won't go down like this perfectly.. but I don't think we'll start trading Pascal or Fred if we fail to make the playoffs again or if we lose in the first round. I think they'll get at least one more opportunity before that happens. But who knows?

Comment

no offense but I expect you to be more broadminded than others mars…i am saying not just solely focusing on the age but also room for improvement.

That being said, Pascal due to this latest setback in his development, he is now exempted especially that he most likely be missing an offseason to fully improved his flaws.

Honestly I cannot say that on Van Vleet with his flaws/ age and little room for improvement, he is the best piece to be traded combined with Boucher.

As I pointed it out to Prime, Van Vleet is not that far enough off of being a contributor to a championship team and his 50+ point performance, those were STILL fresh off the minds of opposing executives, thus his value is still at its peak to elicit a decent return.

However if you wait and combined that with an expected losing season and additional drop of his advanced stats, that rosy picture becomes clouded in the eyes of GMs and the value plummets, we dont want that.

this offseason is the best time to trade new darling of Raptors Republic Mr. Fred Van Vleet

not to mention if he get injured thus his value crashing down like a comet….Not all rainbows and unicorns so the old adage say from the Claw Reborn
          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Jun 13, 2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

no offense but I expect you to be more broadminded than others mars…i am saying not just solely focusing on the age but also room for improvement.

That being said, Pascal due to this latest setback in his development, he is now exempted especially that he most likely be missing an offseason to fully improved his flaws.

Honestly I cannot say that on Van Vleet with his flaws/ age and little room for improvement, he is the best piece to be traded combined with Boucher.

As I pointed it out to Prime, Van Vleet is not that far enough off of being a contributor to a championship team and his 50+ point performance, those were STILL fresh off the minds of opposing executives, thus his value is still at its peak to elicit a decent return.

However if you wait and combined that with an expected losing season and additional drop of his advanced stats, that rosy picture becomes clouded in the eyes of GMs and the value plummets, we dont want that.

this offseason is the best time to trade new darling of Raptors Republic Mr. Fred Van Vleet

not to mention if he get injured thus his value crashing down like a comet….Not all rainbows and unicorns so the old adage say from the Claw Reborn
            I try to look at things from Masai's point of view and not with mine. Although my bias always creeps in because I'm a fan. This front office has loads of patience. Nurse loves Fred.. and everyone speaks highly of him despite his flaws. Just like they did with DeMar. Masai gave DeMar 5 seasons before he traded him, and then cried afterwards about it too. So looking at the history of our front office, I just don't see them moving Fred this season or even next season. And I'd be surprised if they did. I feel the same about Pascal and OG as well.

Now me personally.. I'm not a big fan of Fred's. I think he's a good player, not a great player. He's not paid the max or anything, but his limitations drive me crazy.

He has no mid range game. He struggles a lot at the rim. Doesn't like producing points outside the 3pt line. He can pass but is not a guy that creates for others. I like his defense but its limited because of his size. We won a chip and then got the 2nd best record in the league with him as a starter (I mean Green was the starter but he basically took that spot by the finals). I think he can improve since he's only been in the league for 4 years. But any improvement will be minor IMO.

And with this draft having a lot of guards in it.. I just think we should move on from Fred.

I just don't think we will though. It's like I never thought we would have traded DeMar, and then we did.. but it took a long time before we did.

Comment

• In my opinion, Fred is a fine player to have at the 20M he's on. The two issues that arise with Fred are:
              1. When he's put on situations where he's gotta be the first scoring option (eg some of the bubble playoff games). Then his efficiency goes way down and the team suffers
              2. When he's paired with another 6'0" backcourt player, the offence struggles to create space vs certain teams (eg Boston, Philly & Heat)

Age is fine at 20M (5 or 6 years left of good ball without strangholding the cap ), fit with Pascal fine, fit with Lowry questionable.

Comment

I try to look at things from Masai's point of view and not with mine. Although my bias always creeps in because I'm a fan. This front office has loads of patience. Nurse loves Fred.. and everyone speaks highly of him despite his flaws. Just like they did with DeMar. Masai gave DeMar 5 seasons before he traded him, and then cried afterwards about it too. So looking at the history of our front office, I just don't see them moving Fred this season or even next season. And I'd be surprised if they did. I feel the same about Pascal and OG as well.

Now me personally.. I'm not a big fan of Fred's. I think he's a good player, not a great player. He's not paid the max or anything, but his limitations drive me crazy.

He has no mid range game. He struggles a lot at the rim. Doesn't like producing points outside the 3pt line. He can pass but is not a guy that creates for others. I like his defense but its limited because of his size. We won a chip and then got the 2nd best record in the league with him as a starter (I mean Green was the starter but he basically took that spot by the finals). I think he can improve since he's only been in the league for 4 years. But any improvement will be minor IMO.

And with this draft having a lot of guards in it.. I just think we should move on from Fred.

I just don't think we will though. It's like I never thought we would have traded DeMar, and then we did.. but it took a long time before we did.
                This is a fair post and I appreciate it…we may agree to disagree however when is the right time to trade Van Vleet and I am fine with that…cheers !

I like to go against the grain in this forum because if I want to be a cheerleader all the time and that is so easy to do agreeing and liking the posts of all the good ‘good ole boys then I would always camp in the Everything Champions thread 24/7 of the day if you know what I’m saying lol. That boat has sailed a long time ago and I am trying to move on of that euphoria.

Comment

• Kawhi 2.0?

Zion Williamson, family members frustrated with Pelicans’ direction: Sources

By Shams Charania, Joe Vardon and William Guillory

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Kawhi 2.0?

He'd be frustrated with at least 20 of the NBA teams ....

Comment

Kawhi 2.0?

Here we go. Next year the headline will be "Zion Williamson has expressed interest in playing in L.A."

Comment

• He's 26. Played for Baylor for 4 years before going to Europe. 6'5 wing/guard. Possible Stanimal replacement.

Comment

• Doesn't look like three point shooting is a priority
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Here is a massive world erupting trade proposal between two division rivals

Siakam
                            Boucher
                            2021 No.4 draft pick

for

Tatum
                            Tristan
                            Smart

Comment

Kawhi 2.0?

To be fair, I'm frustrated with the Pellies direction. That team has way too much talent to suck as bad as they do.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

To be fair, I'm frustrated with the Pellies direction. That team has way too much talent to suck as bad as they do.
                                Whenever they say "family members" concerned, I think of Vince Carter's Mom and her parking space

Comment

Working...
                                X