'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Barnes came off the bench in college. Literally was not a starter at FSU but we'd be disrespecting him by also bringing him off the bench? Come on man that's nonsense. Raw players come off the bench while they develop, it's normal even for high picks.
    We all just listen to pascal say no one told him he is the man and felt disrespected. T Mac is another great example. Let’s do this right, and develop and keep our players don’t start off on the wrong foot

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

We all just listen to pascal say no one told him he is the man and felt disrespected. T Mac is another great example. Let’s do this right, and develop and keep our players don’t start off on the wrong foot
      I feel like Pascal needing to be told he is the man is more on Pascal. You shouldn't need to be told you're the man. You take that position by your actions. If Barnes is the character guy he seems like, he should have no trouble coming off the bench if Nick decides to go that route. He's rookie big man, (even if he is considered a point guard somehow) not that uncommon for them to come off the bench if the lineup dictates. Seeing Pascal is hurt though I'm sure Scotty will have his share of chances, and when he gets comfortable, won't have to be told he's the man.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

I feel like Pascal needing to be told he is the man is more on Pascal. You shouldn't need to be told you're the man. You take that position by your actions. If Barnes is the character guy he seems like, he should have no trouble coming off the bench if Nick decides to go that route. He's rookie big man, (even if he is considered a point guard somehow) not that uncommon for them to come off the bench if the lineup dictates. Seeing Pascal is hurt though I'm sure Scotty will have his share of chances, and when he gets comfortable, won't have to be told he's the man.
        I completely agree just saying it costs us nothing to make sure he starts from day one. Our team is not winning a championship this year, feel me

these nba players are different when they get money too many people in their ear I don’t want to take chances it’s a simple gesture. You can take him out every timeout to coach I don’t care
        Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Sep 26, 2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• anyways if you pay attention you are going to see a power struggle with pascal and Barnes in the coming years
          Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Sep 27, 2021, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            anyways if you pay attention you are going to see a power struggle with pascal and Barnes in the coming years
            I feel the same, but not because of Scotty. Pascal seems to be insecure about his place on the team. I felt the same was as you when I saw his TTC video. We get nothing from him until Scotty starts turning on the charm and showing himself to TO, then all of a sudden he is releasing a Toronto video. Could all be a coincidence, but judging from Pascals actions and interviews, this could be a chemistry problem. If that's the case, I can see Masai publicly stating he has full confidence in Siakam, while quietly shopping him.

Comment

I feel the same, but not because of Scotty. Pascal seems to be insecure about his place on the team. I felt the same was as you when I saw his TTC video. We get nothing from him until Scotty starts turning on the charm and showing himself to TO, then all of a sudden he is releasing a Toronto video. Could all be a coincidence, but judging from Pascals actions and interviews, this could be a chemistry problem. If that's the case, I can see Masai publicly stating he has full confidence in Siakam, while quietly shopping him.
              Really making some wild leaps here.

Yes, players starting to post stuff about being back in town right before training camp starts. What a wild coincidence that needs to be explained with a conspiracy theory of some sort.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The man was away on vacation, and now came back looking forward to reunite with the city and people from the org (after the team being away for 2 seasons in FL), made a video before training camp to show it. That's it. How is that a chemistry/confidence problem? Only for those who want it to be and/or want some drama where there isn't any.

Comment

• How do people keep up on and keep so engaged with all this "drama", especially when there is so little of it on this team?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that Nurse and his zany, experimental ways will find a way to get 12 guys into these regular season games, more often than not. Coming with wave after wave of rangy athletes going 110%, flying around the court on D, and having fresh legs on O. It'll help that we're going to get back to blowing out about 40% of the teams in the league.

I think that Yuta will make a strong case to be in the 10-man rotation - easily done if Pascal is actually still out to start the season. But then you've pretty much got Flynn and Ish in the 11th and 12th spots, Nurse will want to keep them fed and ready to rock. Or Flynn and Dragic as the backup backcourt, and Yuta needing every minute he can get as the 11th guy.

Bottomline, we've got depth and we need to capitalize on it.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Really making some wild leaps here.

Yes, players starting to post stuff about being back in town right before training camp starts. What a wild coincidence that needs to be explained with a conspiracy theory of some sort.
                      It's the off-season man. Wild leaps is all we have right now. Would you say after the New York Times interview and through
                      Siakams actions last year he feels insecure about his role on the team?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        The man was away on vacation, and now came back looking forward to reunite with the city and people from the org (after the team being away for 2 seasons in FL), made a video before training camp to show it. That's it. How is that a chemistry/confidence problem? Only for those who want it to be and/or want some drama where there isn't any.
                        I'm not saying this is Pascal's issue, but one could easily understand him feeling a bit jealous of Scottie. That TTC video was full cringe and totally forced. Maybe Pascal thought he'd be getting the love from the fanbase with Lowry gone, but Scottie's come in and captured hearts before even playing a game. Raptor fanbase love has gone from: Lowry/DD => Lowry/Kawhi => Lowry/FVV => Scottie/FVV. All Pascal is getting from the fanbase is hate.

Part of that has to do with his salary. He was a lovable underdog on his rookie contract with low expectations, but with max money now comes max expectations. And he didn't help himself with the bubble, missing clutch shots and blowups with Nurse last year. But, there is a partial solution to exceeding expectations.... give the team a home-town discount when you sign your contract, like Tim Duncan. That helps with roster construction, too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm not saying this is Pascal's issue, but one could easily understand him feeling a bit jealous of Scottie. That TTC video was full cringe and totally forced. Maybe Pascal thought he'd be getting the love from the fanbase with Lowry gone, but Scottie's come in and captured hearts before even playing a game. Raptor fanbase love has gone from: Lowry/DD => Lowry/Kawhi => Lowry/FVV => Scottie/FVV. All Pascal is getting from the fanbase is hate.

Part of that has to do with his salary. He was a lovable underdog on his rookie contract with low expectations, but with max money now comes max expectations. And he didn't help himself with the bubble, missing clutch shots and blowups with Nurse last year. But, there is a partial solution to exceeding expectations.... give the team a home-town discount when you sign your contract, like Tim Duncan. That helps with roster construction, too.
                          Yeah I don't like the hate directed towards him. I haven't been a fan of some of his body language on the court, but I don't get to see the day to day and what goes on with the team. If anything I hope he just buckles down and proves everyone wrong. I just don't see it based on his personality. He didn't help his case either by going south of the border for an exclusive interview about team issues. That is going to rub some TO media the wrong way and won't get PR help from them.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            The man was away on vacation, and now came back looking forward to reunite with the city and people from the org (after the team being away for 2 seasons in FL), made a video before training camp to show it. That's it. How is that a chemistry/confidence problem? Only for those who want it to be and/or want some drama where there isn't any.
                            Pretty sure Siakam got off social media when people started tweeting/commenting vile racists shit at him that I can't even re-type here. Has been interesting to see him back on and hopefully he can maintain a positive mindset and his own wellbeing while seeing his feed fill up with comments from angry, racist, insecure fucktards.

By all accounts Siakam is an excellent human being and he catches way too much shit because social media likes memes and lol's and gives angry racists direct access to public figures.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's the off-season man. Wild leaps is all we have right now. Would you say after the New York Times interview and through
                              Siakams actions last year he feels insecure about his role on the team?
                              No.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Pretty sure Siakam got off social media when people started tweeting/commenting vile racists shit at him that I can't even re-type here. Has been interesting to see him back on and hopefully he can maintain a positive mindset and his own wellbeing while seeing his feed fill up with comments from angry, racist, insecure fucktards.

By all accounts Siakam is an excellent human being and he catches way too much shit because social media likes memes and lol's and gives angry racists direct access to public figures.
                                That stuff was disgusting. I've never seen anything like it, to that level, from any fanbase directed at their own. That said, I don't go on social media. Even then, I can't believe that was from Raptors' fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X