PG FVV, Dragic, Flynn
    SG Trent, Banton
    SF OG, Barnes,
    PF, Siakam, Boucher
    C, Birch, Precious

2way Champagnie, Johnson

Non Guaranteed
    Svi, Yuta, Gillespie, Bonga, Dekker, Ish, Perry

So if I'm not mistaken, with the cap we are probably playing with 14 players. So who are the 3 guys getting signed to guaranteed contracts?
    I think Yuta is a shoe in.
    I think Bonga fits the whole 6'9 mobile big plan.
    Svi looked better than I expected him to be last night.
    Perry is the biggest (which we are missing)
    We haven't seen much of Dekker and Ish yet.
    Freddie has not looked good since last season.

The way Flynn played last night and summer league, I wouldn't mind trading him for an actual young big and sign Svi, Yuta and Bonga, but obviously that's putting a lot of stock on not too many games.

Or maybe we go off the page and either Svi or Bonga gets waived and we go after an unsigned big, (Biyombo, Cousins, Felicio, Giles III). Potentially that's why Perry is here and we just haven't seen him play yet.

I know it's the end of the bench but all theses players have potential. There is also the whole Dragic situation, so an exciting preseason/ start to the season.

So thankful to have basketball back!

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
      ...I know it's the end of the bench but all theses players have potential. There is also the whole Dragic situation, so an exciting preseason/ start to the season.

There are several of these end of bench players who could be desireable addins to any Dragic trade. Including them would add some talent/prospects to a trade for a player and future picks for when the Raptors are once again good and won't have good draft picks.

I understand your team salary for the year for tax purposes is what you end up with at season's end. So if there is a Dragic trade that includes a couple of guys and you take back fewer guys or waive players it might work out. Future picks could be important to the Raptors down the road.

Of course, I am probably way off the mark here.

Comment

So camp looks like this

Non Guaranteed

Yuta is a lock, Svi is current leader in the clubhouse for spot 2 and the 3 will probably be based on team need. I.E a big, but id have Bonga as the leader if position wasn't an issue.

Also if Svi is on the team Dekker is an overlap of the same skill. So Svi making it should rule out dekker
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I thought Svi was guaranteed? But regardless the amount he played last night plus that he played well too should be a sign he’ll be making the team

I assume that Barnes, Precious, Boucher and whichever of Dragic/Trent that doesn’t start will all be regular rotation dudes when we’re fully healthy off the bench. That leaves Yuta, Svi, Flynn, Banton, Champagnie and others all scrapping for regular time
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Yes, Svi is guaranteed.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yuta should be guaranteed already. Why are we waiting on that?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Yuta should be guaranteed already. Why are we waiting on that?
                Bobby is probably waiting for a certain day that allows him to restructure a contract and open up cap room for a trade at the deadline. That guy is a genius when it comes to the CBA. I believe he helped write it? Something to that effect anyway. The guy knows what's what when it comes to contracts

Comment

So camp looks like this
                  PG FVV, Dragic, Flynn
                  SG Trent, Banton
                  SF OG, Barnes,
                  PF, Siakam, Boucher
                  C, Birch, Precious

2way Champagnie, Johnson

Non Guaranteed

So if I'm not mistaken, with the cap we are probably playing with 14 players. So who are the 3 guys getting signed to guaranteed contracts?
                  I think Yuta is a shoe in.
                  I think Bonga fits the whole 6'9 mobile big plan.
                  Svi looked better than I expected him to be last night.
                  Perry is the biggest (which we are missing)
                  We haven't seen much of Dekker and Ish yet.
                  Freddie has not looked good since last season.

The way Flynn played last night and summer league, I wouldn't mind trading him for an actual young big and sign Svi, Yuta and Bonga, but obviously that's putting a lot of stock on not too many games.

Or maybe we go off the page and either Svi or Bonga gets waived and we go after an unsigned big, (Biyombo, Cousins, Felicio, Giles III). Potentially that's why Perry is here and we just haven't seen him play yet.

I know it's the end of the bench but all theses players have potential. There is also the whole Dragic situation, so an exciting preseason/ start to the season.

Svi is guaranteed already. So it's 2 spots being fought after by Yuta, Gillespie, Bonga, Dekker, Ish, Perry.

Yuta seems a for sure lock so really 1 spot being fought after by Gillespie, Bonga, Dekker, Ish, Perry.

I'd guess Ish is the favorite but who knows.

Such a fun time of year to be deeply concerned about who will be Mr. Irrelevant for the Raptors this season.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    ...Such a fun time of year to be deeply concerned about who will be Mr. Irrelevant for the Raptors this season.
                    I want it to be Ish because I think he will blow up and further cement the Raptors reputation as the team that turns scrubs into all stars. In a couple of years there could be 15 - 20 guys all refusing to be drafted in the second round because they want to sign as undrafted free agents with the Raps.

Comment

Svi is guaranteed already. So it's 2 spots being fought after by Yuta, Gillespie, Bonga, Dekker, Ish, Perry.

Yuta seems a for sure lock so really 1 spot being fought after by Gillespie, Bonga, Dekker, Ish, Perry.

I'd guess Ish is the favorite but who knows.

Such a fun time of year to be deeply concerned about who will be Mr. Irrelevant for the Raptors this season.
                      We need another dead eye shooter.

Comment

• N
                        Kagemusha wrote: View Post

We need another dead eye shooter.
                        Not sure if we could talk him out of his coaching job

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Regarding the position-less basketball the Raptors are adopting .... I see where "we are not alone" after all !!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=3cd6b0c02f3c

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Regarding the position-less basketball the Raptors are adopting .... I see where "we are not alone" after all !!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=3cd6b0c02f3c
                            That's good that Shai will be learning Nurse style ball, should translate well to Team Canada.

Comment

That's good that Shai will be learning Nurse style ball, should translate well to Team Canada.
                              Shai = drool. Hope Scottie turns out to be the equivalent on the Raptors engine-value wise.

Re OKC and their stable of picks and with Presti running the show seemingly committing to the "new" basketball flavour ... I wonder which org. was the incubator of this trend... Presti or Masai or ?? These 2 are both progressive thinkers in more than just basketball.

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/news/...ionless-roster

You still have to pick 'em !

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Shai = drool. Hope Scottie turns out to be the equivalent on the Raptors engine-value wise.

Re OKC and their stable of picks and with Presti running the show seemingly committing to the "new" basketball flavour ... I wonder which org. was the incubator of this trend... Presti or Masai or ?? These 2 are both progressive thinkers in more than just basketball.

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/news/...ionless-roster

You still have to pick 'em !
                                i think it might have been vivek ranadive and his vision of "basketball 3.0" when the kings proudly touted their transition to positionless basketball in the summer of 2014.

'course they fucked that all up by proceeding to select cauley-stein, papagiannis, giles, and bagley in consecutive drafts 'cause the kangz are gonna kang, but if you only read the media blitz in 2014 you might've thought they were on to something

Comment

Working...
                                X