Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • grindhouse wrote: View Post
    If u had to choice Fred, O or Trent for Myles turner which would u choice
    Doing my due diligence to accommodate a query mind of a fellow poster ….

    No doubter for me…

    1st option:
    Van Vleet/ Boucher/ Flynn/ future FRP

    for

    Turner/ TJ McConnell

    2nd option:
    Van Vleet/ Boucher/ Flynn/ Future FRP

    for

    Turner/ Brogdon

    ————

    1st option:
    Turner/ Birch
    Siakam/ Achiuwa/ Yuta
    Barnes/ SVI
    OG/ GTJ
    Banton/ Dragic/ McConnell

    2nd option
    Turner/ Birch
    Siakam/ Achiuwa/ Yuta
    Barnes/ SVI
    OG/ GTJ
    Brogdon/ Banton/ Dragic


    not too shabby of a starting line up with length this franchise are trying to aim and depth can withstand a lengthy injury


    You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


    Comment


    • Seeing a lot of talk about what the line up will look like when Pascal returns and how many shots Barnes should be getting. I mentioned it before the season started and I still think a trade is something you have to consider in the near future (before the end of next season). And that trade should include one of OG, Siakam or Trent.

      Comment


      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Seeing a lot of talk about what the line up will look like when Pascal returns and how many shots Barnes should be getting. I mentioned it before the season started and I still think a trade is something you have to consider in the near future (before the end of next season). And that trade should include one of OG, Siakam or Trent.
        Why? Because those guys will take shots away from Barnes?

        Comment


        • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

          Doing my due diligence to accommodate a query mind of a fellow poster ….

          No doubter for me…

          1st option:
          Van Vleet/ Boucher/ Flynn/ future FRP

          for

          Turner/ TJ McConnell

          2nd option:
          Van Vleet/ Boucher/ Flynn/ Future FRP

          for

          Turner/ Brogdon

          ————

          1st option:
          Turner/ Birch
          Siakam/ Achiuwa/ Yuta
          Barnes/ SVI
          OG/ GTJ
          Banton/ Dragic/ McConnell

          2nd option
          Turner/ Birch
          Siakam/ Achiuwa/ Yuta
          Barnes/ SVI
          OG/ GTJ
          Brogdon/ Banton/ Dragic


          not too shabby of a starting line up with length this franchise are trying to aim and depth can withstand a lengthy injury

          I would 100 percent do this trade

          Comment


          • Puffer wrote: View Post

            Why? Because those guys will take shots away from Barnes?
            For a bunch of reasons, among them:
            - not enough shots to go around with OG, FVV, Siakam, Trent and Barnes
            - you want to start your best 5. When Siakam returns it looks like one of those will be coming off the bench
            - Raps can build a great trade package with some combination of Dragic, Boucher and one of the core guys not named Barnes. They have the assets if a star becomes available.

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post

              For a bunch of reasons, among them:
              - not enough shots to go around with OG, FVV, Siakam, Trent and Barnes
              - you want to start your best 5. When Siakam returns it looks like one of those will be coming off the bench
              - Raps can build a great trade package with some combination of Dragic, Boucher and one of the core guys not named Barnes. They have the assets if a star becomes available.
              the right trade will come available soon enough. Dragic and boucher are the ones that make the most sense and potentially either gtj or fvv to clean up depth alternatively it may end up being flynn but again I dont see trades manifesting until December.

              Comment


              • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                the right trade will come available soon enough. Dragic and boucher are the ones that make the most sense and potentially either gtj or fvv to clean up depth alternatively it may end up being flynn but again I dont see trades manifesting until December.
                If the right trade is for a star, which is what I'm speaking about, then it's not going to get done with Dragic, Boucher and GTJ. You have to recognize we have some good players, but none of them are stars, so nobody should be untouchable for the right trade target (other than Barnes). Another thing we need to recognize is that FVV is our best ball handler and for all his warts, nobody on this team makes big shots like he does.

                Comment


                • LJ2 wrote: View Post

                  If the right trade is for a star, which is what I'm speaking about, then it's not going to get done with Dragic, Boucher and GTJ. You have to recognize we have some good players, but none of them are stars, so nobody should be untouchable for the right trade target (other than Barnes). Another thing we need to recognize is that FVV is our best ball handler and for all his warts, nobody on this team makes big shots like he does.
                  FVV for the right star works Siakam isn't afraid fo the moment

                  Comment


                  • I actually don't mind Eric Gordon straight up for Dragic, we save a bit of money to get under the tax, they get an expiring contract. Gordon can give us an offensive push off the bench. The only problem is his injury history.

                    Comment


                    • It's not about being afraid of the moment, it's about ability. Unless you know something nobody else here does, Siakam hasn't been good in big moments over the last couple of seasons. Freddy has been great and can get his shot off in a variety of ways Siakam hasn't shown he can. Regardless, I'm not saying we have to trade any one player.

                      We're at a point where we have the type of assets which would allow us to make a trade where we receive the better player, and not have a huge hole in the line up. Those opportunities don't come by often.

                      Comment


                      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        It's not about being afraid of the moment, it's about ability. Unless you know something nobody else here does, Siakam hasn't been good in big moments over the last couple of seasons. Freddy has been great and can get his shot off in a variety of ways Siakam hasn't shown he can. Regardless, I'm not saying we have to trade any one player.

                        We're at a point where we have the type of assets which would allow us to make a trade where we receive the better player, and not have a huge hole in the line up. Those opportunities don't come by often.
                        I think we have to be patient with that move. I would like to see how the pieces fit, and who is expendable. We also could use a few more assets in the system, we still need to retain depth after the trade.

                        We got lucky because we got Kawhi heavily discounted. In a healthy, non-disgruntled year, Kawhi would have cost 3 firsts and salary filler. It would basically what Brooklyn gave up for Harden or Lakers and Anthony Davis.

                        Comment


                        • If we're talking a trade for a star, it obviously depends on the star, but broadly speaking basically anyone can be on the table in such a trade.

                          If we're talking a trade specifically to consolidate depth to get our positions aligned better (which I don't believe for a second the current management gives the slightest damn about), then you are looking at offloading guys like Boucher and Dragic and Flynn and maybe Trent to see what solid single piece we can get back. Maybe a guy like Turner or something. But I would be surprised by such a trade. Moving off Dragic makes sense but I don't think they let any "oh you should start your best 5" preconceptions drive any of their decision-making.

                          It's really about leveraging pieces for the maximum return if you do move them, and capitalizing on the value (if any) of guys you don't plan to keep beyond this year, if a larger trade for a star doesn't present by the deadline. So guys like Dragic, Boucher, could get sold off for an asset, and I think those sorts of deals are more likely than any consolidation deal, and more likely for them to want to do outside of a consolidation deal that lands them a true blue star.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • I just don't see many trades that work for both teams involving Boucher and Dragic. The salaries either don't match up or it's lopsided.

                            Comment


                            • saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I just don't see many trades that work for both teams involving Boucher and Dragic. The salaries either don't match up or it's lopsided.
                              Dragic is getting DNP-CD's and is making $19M which isn't chump change. That's a tough contract to trade.

                              Now Boucher isn't lighting the world on fire right now either. And Pascal and Yuta are going to eat into any minutes that Chris has been able to get so it'll get worse for him not better. But he might be easier to move since he's only making $7M. A playoff contender could be looking for some help off the bench, and it might be possible to get a second round pick for him or a young player that has some potential.

                              Just looking around: Utah and Dallas have large enough TPE's to absorb his contract. Utah is likely a tax team but Dallas shouldn't. Would they want Boucher for a second rounder? Maybe a bit of a Porzingis insurance. They play similarly.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                If we're talking a trade for a star, it obviously depends on the star, but broadly speaking basically anyone can be on the table in such a trade.

                                If we're talking a trade specifically to consolidate depth to get our positions aligned better (which I don't believe for a second the current management gives the slightest damn about), then you are looking at offloading guys like Boucher and Dragic and Flynn and maybe Trent to see what solid single piece we can get back. Maybe a guy like Turner or something. But I would be surprised by such a trade. Moving off Dragic makes sense but I don't think they let any "oh you should start your best 5" preconceptions drive any of their decision-making.

                                It's really about leveraging pieces for the maximum return if you do move them, and capitalizing on the value (if any) of guys you don't plan to keep beyond this year, if a larger trade for a star doesn't present by the deadline. So guys like Dragic, Boucher, could get sold off for an asset, and I think those sorts of deals are more likely than any consolidation deal, and more likely for them to want to do outside of a consolidation deal that lands them a true blue star.
                                Isn't now a really good time to look at trade options (unless you think the talent is there to compete for a championship)? You have Dragic and Boucher expiring and 3 forwards in Barnes, OG and Siakam that should all be starting. If you were to add one of OG or Siakam to a package of Dragic, Boucher and maybe picks you could, if available, bring in a star at SG or C. Shouldn't we try to improve the talent level when the opportunity is there? With Barnes showing he's NBA ready we would never feel the loss of one of those two any less than we would right now.

                                Is there a reason(s) you don't think it's a good time to make a trade? Is it a matter of waiting and seeing what the line up of FVV, Barnes, OG, Siakam and Birch is capable of?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X