No announcement yet.

'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birch should make about $5M if we keep him. He should either get the Bi-Annual (if we are capped out), or the room-mid level (if we aren't). Giving him a full mid-level contract would be insane.

A few weeks of playing well should not mean anything.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Birch should make about $5M if we keep him. He should either get the Bi-Annual (if we are capped out), or the room-mid level (if we aren't). Giving him a full mid-level contract would be insane.

I agree

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I would expect that to be his market regardless. No need to set aside cap for him.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Holmes, Birch, Gillespie is a very solid C rotation, and very doable.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            Holmes, Birch, Gillespie is a very solid C rotation, and very doable.
            Kings have a near historically bad defense. Richaun Holmes is the center, anchoring that defense. Should we be concerned about that.... or it's not his fault whatsoever?

Comment

“I absolutely love Sacramento. This community, this city, these fans — have shown me, in my short time here, that I really couldn’t see myself playing anywhere else. I would love to play here the rest of my career. I love to play in front of these fans, be a part of this community — this is a great place to be and I’d love just to be a part of it.”
              sounds like he's their Amir Johnson
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

sounds like he's their Amir Johnson
                Sounds like he's bumped his head. Is he talking about Sacramento?
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Sounds like he's bumped his head. Is he talking about Sacramento?
                  yeah that's him talking about Sac
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Kings have a near historically bad defense. Richaun Holmes is the center, anchoring that defense. Should we be concerned about that.... or it's not his fault whatsoever?
                    Holmes grades out as solidly above average per impact stats. He's in the ~80th percentile EPM though a slight negative on the defensive side (~40th percentile defensive EPM). RPM is less reliable (and skews offence to defence more by position than other stats do, so most C's rate as positive defensive impacts and most guards are negative, for example), but also has him solidly above average, 18th rated C, though they have his value on defence, not offence. RAPTOR agrees with RPM, has him solidly above average and again mostly on defence. LEBRON has him above average, on both offence and defence equally. Raw RAPM (the purest and noisiest of these impact stats) agrees with EPM, very good overall but a little below average defensively.

Meanwhile, the Kings' defence is a disaster whether he in on or off the court, though slightly better with him, which is a good sign since those are the starter minutes. Their offence is significantly better with him on the court, though not so much as with a guy like Buddy Hield (who to be fair completely tanks their defence).

In any case, the Kings have almost broken even in their minutes with Holmes on the court (-1.4 net rating). That's ~.500 ball. Which is quite an accomplishment for that team (-5 net rating, 25-37 on the year).

I don't think he's a star C, but he measures out as solid across the board and is very likely not the reason or even really a reason that the Kings are Kingsing away this year.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Holmes grades out as solidly above average per impact stats. He's in the ~80th percentile EPM though a slight negative on the defensive side (~40th percentile defensive EPM). RPM is less reliable (and skews offence to defence more by position than other stats do, so most C's rate as positive defensive impacts and most guards are negative, for example), but also has him solidly above average, 18th rated C, though they have his value on defence, not offence. RAPTOR agrees with RPM, has him solidly above average and again mostly on defence. LEBRON has him above average, on both offence and defence equally. Raw RAPM (the purest and noisiest of these impact stats) agrees with EPM, very good overall but a little below average defensively.

Meanwhile, the Kings' defence is a disaster whether he in on or off the court, though slightly better with him, which is a good sign since those are the starter minutes. Their offence is significantly better with him on the court, though not so much as with a guy like Buddy Hield (who to be fair completely tanks their defence).

In any case, the Kings have almost broken even in their minutes with Holmes on the court (-1.4 net rating). That's ~.500 ball. Which is quite an accomplishment for that team (-5 net rating, 25-37 on the year).

I don't think he's a star C, but he measures out as solid across the board and is very likely not the reason or even really a reason that the Kings are Kingsing away this year.
                      So based on all of that, what do you think would be a sensible figure to sign him for if we were to do so? 😎💩

Comment

• I don’t think there is a big enough difference between Khem and Holmes to spend the money needed to get him. Physically Khem has a inch less standing reach, 0.5 less of a wing span, less than an inch shorter, about the same weight. Small sample size playing for the Raps, but the stats are pretty similar so far.

I you can get Holmes for 9-11M and then sign Khem for 3—5 then you are right around that league average with a good 5 rotation, and tons of money for wings and pgs. I wouldn’t want to go much more than that. Or you just sign Khem and then pick up Charles Bassey in the 2nd rd.

I’ve been most impressed with Khem’s passing, offensive rebounding and mobility. It will be fun to see how he plays as he gets more chemistry with the guys.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          I don’t think there is a big enough difference between Khem and Holmes to spend the money needed to get him. Physically Khem has a inch less standing reach, 0.5 less of a wing span, less than an inch shorter, about the same weight. Small sample size playing for the Raps, but the stats are pretty similar so far.

I you can get Holmes for 9-11M and then sign Khem for 3—5 then you are right around that league average with a good 5 rotation, and tons of money for wings and pgs. I wouldn’t want to go much more than that. Or you just sign Khem and then pick up Charles Bassey in the 2nd rd.

I’ve been most impressed with Khem’s passing, offensive rebounding and mobility. It will be fun to see how he plays as he gets more chemistry with the guys.
                          Yeah, the other thing is that we run mostly drive & kick when Fred is the point guard, so Holmes would be parked in the corner, which makes no sense because he has limited range. Birch is developing some 3-pt range so that’s a better for how Nurse likes to run our offense. Also Fred isn’t that great at feeding the roller, especially over the top for dunks, which Holmes is great at, so you wouldn’t be getting max value out of him in our offense, which is optimized for FVV’s strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I don’t think there is a big enough difference between Khem and Holmes to spend the money needed to get him. Physically Khem has a inch less standing reach, 0.5 less of a wing span, less than an inch shorter, about the same weight. Small sample size playing for the Raps, but the stats are pretty similar so far.

Agreed, just stick with Birch and nab a big in the second round that will develop and fit into the system.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Agreed, just stick with Birch and nab a big in the second round that will develop and fit into the system.
                              Everything really depends on what the plan is from the FO. Do they think they can contend next year? Or do they have a three year strategy to get to the EC final? Drafted bigs don't give you much in year one or two.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Everything really depends on what the plan is from the FO. Do they think they can contend next year? Or do they have a three year strategy to get to the EC final? Drafted bigs don't give you much in year one or two.
                                with the right pick I see us contending in two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X