'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

He does fit with the timeline though, that's why you're wrong and not making sense. FVV fits on every timeline because he will be a high level nba player for another 7 years. It's perfectly fine and preferable to have a range of ages on a team. Lowry is too old, FVV is not.
    You seem to change course with what you are originally implying lol.

No he does not fit the timeline…and his ceiling for growth is not that high, why I wanted him traded now while he still has value and not far enough from when he was part of the championship team and his recent 50+ point performance.

Stop trying to twist what was original posted and accused me of not making sense.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

You seem to change course with what you are originally implying lol.

No he does not fit the timeline…and his ceiling for growth is not that high, why I wanted him traded now while he still has value and not far enough from when he was part of the championship team and his recent 50+ point performance.

Stop trying to twist what was original posted and accused me of not making sense.
      How does he not fit the timeline? That's where you're not making sense. Do you think FVV won't be a championship contributor 5 years from now? If not he fits the timeline no matter how far off you think we are.

Comment

• Your guys don't all have to hit their prime years at the same time. Booker is playing fine with CP3. If you don't like FVVs game just say that.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

How does he not fit the timeline? That's where you're not making sense. Do you think FVV won't be a championship contributor 5 years from now? If not he fits the timeline no matter how far off you think we are.
          that is what i was saying….you keep nitpicking one sentence from a post that caught your eye and not understanding the totality of it.

- he has an appreciating value
          - he is being traded similar to the age of Derozan
          - his ceiling is not that high to fit with
          - the timeline of the young players i mentioned

add all that and you will get it eventually.

but we can agree to disagree and lets move on lol

Comment

that is what i was saying….you keep nitpicking one sentence from a post that caught your eye and not understanding the totality of it.

DeMar played with the Raps for 9 seasons before he got traded. Fred has only played 5 so far. Years in service probably matters more than age to our front office with respect to our core guys. We have a few more years before the team decides to move on from either Fred or Pascal for something new or different.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Your guys don't all have to hit their prime years at the same time. Booker is playing fine with CP3. If you don't like FVVs game just say that.
              Of course I dont like what his game had turned out to…

- inefficient chucker, we live and die of his hail mary heaves
              - inability to set up a decent offense in a point guard role
              - cannot break defenses in a shooting guard role
              - holds the ball too long then passes it like a hot potato near the end of the shot clock.
              - drives the ball down low not recognizing his physical limitations as he can easily be blocked most of the time

So I never denied it.

But comparing him to an aging Chris Paul who is an elite Point Guard and future hall of famer is quit laughable.

The impact of Chris Paul on Booker is profound but come on…

Van Vleet will never be a Sauvignon even if you pair him with a nice juicy Wagyu beef

Just saying lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

DeMar played with the Raps for 9 seasons before he got traded. Fred has only played 5 so far. Years in service probably matters more than age to our front office with respect to our core guys. We have a few more years before the team decides to move on from either Fred or Pascal for something new or different.

you could be right mars, i am just thinking out loud how we can retool a most likely perennial half ass formed team with high dollar players.

Comment

Again, no one is against trading FVV for a superstar like Kawhi. But the Raps didn't trade DD just to trade him and they won't do that with FVV either. So the age comparison there is meaningless.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Trades are two way street. If Raptors don't trade FVV doesn't mean it's because he's untouchable. That means offers are not good enough.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

you could be right mars, i am just thinking out loud how we can retool a most likely perennial half ass formed team with high dollar players.
                      Patience is key.. that's the way Masai works anyway. Masai makes improvements around the edges and will give the core plenty of chances before bailing. If the core doesn't work out for another 1-2 years, I could see a move. But by then a guy like Giannis could get sick of Milwaukee. Or a young player like LaVine, Ingram or KAT want to leave because they can't get past the first round / make the playoffs and we make an offer to get one of those guys on our team.

Just have to keep hitting on our draft picks. Develop well. Win as much as possible so we become a favourable destination for tradeable assets (we're out on free agency now since the money will dry up shortly). And pounce when the opportunity is there.

Right now is not the time to pounce unfortunately. We shat the bed this year and have to regroup. Let's hope we can win a lot more and make some noise in the playoffs next year. Although the pessimist in me says we won't again.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Again, no one is against trading FVV for a superstar like Kawhi. But the Raps didn't trade DD just to trade him and they won't do that with FVV either. So the age comparison there is meaningless.
                        I agree no one is trading Van Vleet for a Superstar so one would say then what is the point, since it will just be a lateral move.

But combining him with another appreciating value like Boucher (who is also around his age at 27-28 years old ) with two Second Round picks may get you 1 or two young players with a higher ceiling who may align with the timeline of OG/ GTJ/ Flynn and the 2021 FRP.

Comment

Patience is key.. that's the way Masai works anyway. Masai makes improvements around the edges and will give the core plenty of chances before bailing. If the core doesn't work out for another 1-2 years, I could see a move. But by then a guy like Giannis could get sick of Milwaukee. Or a young player like LaVine, Ingram or KAT want to leave because they can't get past the first round / make the playoffs and we make an offer to get one of those guys on our team.

Just have to keep hitting on our draft picks. Develop well. Win as much as possible so we become a favourable destination for tradeable assets (we're out on free agency now since the money will dry up shortly). And pounce when the opportunity is there.

Right now is not the time to pounce unfortunately. We shat the bed this year and have to regroup. Let's hope we can win a lot more and make some noise in the playoffs next year. Although the pessimist in me says we won't again.
                          I know this is a level headed approach, but not sure if Masai or Bobby are that patient. Missing the playoffs while paying high dollar salaries to low ceiling 28 years old may not be in their cards this time

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Trades are two way street. If Raptors don't trade FVV doesn't mean it's because he's untouchable. That means offers are not good enough.
                            Thanks Captain Obvious

Comment

I know this is a level headed approach, but not sure if Masai or Bobby are that patient. Missing the playoffs while paying high dollar salaries to low ceiling 28 years old may not be in their cards this time
                              Our front office is really patient though. I mean how many years did we give the Casey/DeMar/Lowry trifecta a chance?

Comment

Our front office is really patient though. I mean how many years did we give the Casey/DeMar/Lowry trifecta a chance?

In that case in May 2013, he see one of the young core of OG/GTJ/Flynn as his Derozan (23 years old) and Van Vleet as his Lowry (27 years of age) .

In all seriousness, I have said this already, this 2021 FRP has to be the one/ a lot on the line…after all, the tank brigade not only the fans but Masai/ Bobby and Nick Nurse all worked their tails off to get that 7th spot

Comment

Working...
                                X