No announcement yet.

'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lillard maybe wants out? What's the offer for us? Fred, Boucher, and a whole bunch of picks? I'd really wanna hold onto OG and Pascal.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Lillard maybe wants out? What's the offer for us? Fred, Boucher, and a whole bunch of picks? I'd really wanna hold onto OG and Pascal.
      Scenarios like these are why its nice to have the 4th pick. Offer that along with Fred, Boucher, a bunch of picks and whoever else to match salaries and see if you can keep OG and Pascal.

Lillard, GTJ, OG, Pascal and Birch/whoever we pick up in FA, would be a nice team.

Comment

Lillard maybe wants out? What's the offer for us? Fred, Boucher, and a whole bunch of picks? I'd really wanna hold onto OG and Pascal.
        I thought he endorsed Billups as a coach or I maybe wrong?

Anyway, Lillard was one of my target trade proposal last season, suggested to trade Van Vleet/ Norm and future FRP but I had gotten major push back here that Lillard’s monster salary remaining is a major dealbreaker plus the Blazers no way be trading their franchise player

I have to hear from the same people what they think now?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I thought he endorsed Billups as a coach or I maybe wrong?

Anyway, Lillard was one of my target trade proposal last season, suggested to trade Van Vleet/ Norm and future FRP but I had gotten major push back here that Lillard’s monster salary remaining is a major dealbreaker plus the Blazers no way be trading their franchise player

I have to hear from the same people what they think now?
          i was almost certainly one of those ppl. his deal starts next year and averages 45 million a year through 2024-25. he will make 49 million in his age 34 season.

i can't express strongly enough how much i'd rather just have the 4th pick at 7 million a year or whatever, especially if it's suggs.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i was almost certainly one of those ppl. his deal starts next year and averages 45 million a year through 2024-25. he will make 49 million in his age 34 season.

i can't express strongly enough how much i'd rather just have the 4th pick at 7 million a year or whatever, especially if it's suggs.
            I think I agree, although a starting lineup of Dame/Trent Jr./OG/Pascal/Birch would be really damn good for at least a couple of years.

Comment

Personally still Hard to tell if that boat has sailed from the Raptors POV….as far as Portland, that may not be as attractive before especially if they expected that the pick will turn out to be mid teens or even twenties if Lillard was added alongside Pascal/OG/Lowry.

No.4 could be a deal maker now.

cheers to you

Comment

I think I agree, although a starting lineup of Dame/Trent Jr./OG/Pascal/Birch would be really damn good for at least a couple of years.
                i mean i think lillard's awesome enough to nearly maintain his level of play through his age 34 season, i just think almost no one is worth that much money except for the absolute top two way players in the game (like peak lebron/KD/kawhi). i would throw peak steph in there as well although he is not really a two way player, depending on the roster construction around him.

vanvleet is pretty maligned among a certain sub-sect of posters here but i think he's actually kind of a bargain at around 22 million through his prime years. and i think suggs is about the perfect pairing for him. i'd rather have that backcourt than dame/GTJ with money to spend elsewhere.

Comment

i mean i think lillard's awesome enough to nearly maintain his level of play through his age 34 season, i just think almost no one is worth that much money except for the absolute top two way players in the game (like peak lebron/KD/kawhi). i would throw peak steph in there as well although he is not really a two way player, depending on the roster construction around him.

vanvleet is pretty maligned among a certain sub-sect of posters here but i think he's actually kind of a bargain at around 22 million through his prime years. and i think suggs is about the perfect pairing for him. i'd rather have that backcourt than dame/GTJ with money to spend elsewhere.
                  How can we be so sure that pairing will turn out “perfect” like you said? He is still an unproven commodity who would play along side Van Vleet who has obvious limitations as a Point Guard or a Shooting Guard.

I can also say that to Cunningham and GTJ as a perfect duo

Comment

• With the Demar Derozan possibly signs with Mavs, we can explore a sign and trade involves his buddy Kyle Lowry to the Mavs.

Toronto out: Kyle Lowry, Aron Baynes, 2021 2nd rounder (one of the two second rounder)
                    Toronto in: Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Richardson
                    - Salary works on ESPN trade machine

Why Toronto: Sad to see Lowry go but it is time, and this time we should be getting some players in return and it starts with Kristaps Porzingis. With us possibly drafting Jalen Suggs, who will be our floor general for years to come, we need a solid front court. We have OG and Pascal but adding Kristaps Porzingis, we will be a run and gun uptempo team. It's like 2006-07 again whereas Pascal is our Bosh and Porzingis is our Bargnani, although both are different with the former two. It would be a fun team to watch. Our rebound would suck as in both Pascal and Porzingis suck in defense and rebound but our second unit can make room for it with Birch and Boucher lock for this season.

Why Dallas: Lowry is at the end of his career but still very productive at his age and he would fit well with the Mavs system and have Doncic play his natural SF position and with Demar signing with them, they would compete for a championship run. Baynes could possibly find his role with the Mavs and the Mavs acquire a 2nd rounder to round up their offseaso

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

How can we be so sure that pairing will turn out “perfect” like you said? He is still an unproven commodity who would play along side Van Vleet who has obvious limitations as a Point Guard or a Shooting Guard.

I can also say that to Cunningham and GTJ as a perfect duo

i mean i can't, and i'm not. the draft is an inexact science even for professional scouts, and i'm not even an amateur one in the vein of some posters here.

but i have been both an NBA and college ball fan for decades, and suggs is the surest thing in this draft to my eyes. he's a very good athlete with an extremely well-rounded skillset and every intangible quality you could want in a player.

fred does a few things really well... he's a very good shooter and i think he's the best defensive player in the league at his size, with a preternatural ability to disrupt the other teams offense when he digs on the post and is very good staying with/in front of his man. his biggest weakness is size and finishing in traffic. he's a decent playmaker but not an ideal primary one.

i think suggs compliments all those weaknesses. he's big enough to guard the other teams two, and he's a much better primary ballhandler/playmaker and finisher. i think they could be one of the best backcourts in the league before suggs' rookie deal is up.

Comment

Reggie Jackson & Derrick Rose are bargains. Fred isn’t a playmaking PG and he isn’t a shot creating SG. He’s a tweener. Probably best suited to a bench combo guard on a championship team. Hard to view that as a bargain.

Comment

i mean i can't, and i'm not. the draft is an inexact science even for professional scouts, and i'm not even an amateur one in the vein of some posters here.

but i have been both an NBA and college ball fan for decades, and suggs is the surest thing in this draft to my eyes. he's a very good athlete with an extremely well-rounded skillset and every intangible quality you could want in a player.

fred does a few things really well... he's a very good shooter and i think he's the best defensive player in the league at his size, with a preternatural ability to disrupt the other teams offense when he digs on the post and is very good staying with/in front of his man. his biggest weakness is size and finishing in traffic. he's a decent playmaker but not an ideal primary one.

i think suggs compliments all those weaknesses. he's big enough to guard the other teams two, and he's a much better primary ballhandler/playmaker and finisher. i think they could be one of the best backcourts in the league before suggs' rookie deal is up.
                          My point exactly about Suggs and any other picks, still unproven. He has to at least be as good or even great as LOWRY to cover up the flaws of Van Vleet or else this duo would just be treading water until the sharks begin to smell blood (playoffs)

This pick has to hit that target
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Jun 27, 2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Or we end up a smidge lower than a Derozan and Lowry duo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Reggie Jackson & Derrick Rose are bargains. Fred isn’t a playmaking PG and he isn’t a shot creating SG. He’s a tweener. Probably best suited to a bench combo guard on a championship team. Hard to view that as a bargain.
                              hey it's the other figurehead of that sub-sect! i said "kind of a bargain", in that for an ascending player who was a coveted free agent, that deal is pretty damn fair i think. many analogous scenarios end in egregious overpays (which i understand you think this is, but i disagree).

i wouldn't consider reggie jackson a bargain so much as a complete anomaly. signed off the scrap heap for pretty much the veteran minimum who has turned into an allstar in the playoffs. you have to think they might have signed him to more than a one year deal if that wasn't complete dumbshit luck. yes rose performed very well but he's also in his 30's with a serious injury history, so that associated risk got factored into his deal. i think we're talking about two different things really, there are many examples of useful veterans signing for scraps for one reason or another.

i think fred would have started on the majority of playoff teams this year (all except healthy brooklyn, washington, phoenix, utah, and portland teams, and possibly atlanta), but you calling him best suited to come off the bench is very on-brand and i'd expect nothing less.

he's also responsible for us jumping to 4th, which is worth a couple million per itself.

Comment

that'll take FVV+OG+4th pick and future first. At that point I rather keep what we have. Giving up assets for Lillard is going to just open up holes in other positions
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X