'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

True, but Simmons value is way lower than Dame. Blazers would be looking for a high pick (which Philly don't have) and likely another first. That's where the Raptors would come in with the 4th overall. Painful, but worth it for Lillard.
    Fair enough, if the Blazers are trading Lillard, they will probably look to do a quick rebuild. The 4th pick helps with that.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Don't want Simmons. We will just be thinking about how to trade him in couple of months. Can't win with that guy and no point in trying to fix him. He is what he is.
      Agreed. His jumpshot isn't the issue for me, it was his aggression in the Hawk series. There was none. He didn't look to drive and passed up open dunks because he was scared of going to the FT line.

Comment

• Yeah, the proposal would be something like Lowry and Boucher and our 2022 pick (unprotected) to Philly, Simmons and the guy we draft at 4 and our 2024 pick (lightly protected, like top 5 or something, sliding to unprotected the next year) plus swap rights in 2023 to Portland, and Dame coming here. That's the dream. Fred, OG and Siakam playing beside a megawatt high usage scorer is the formula, and being able to keep all of them means you are diving gladly into the tax and shedding whatever draft assets are needed within the window Dame is signed for (up to 2024, player option 2025). You try your darnedest to hold onto guys like Flynn and Harris, who would have low trade value anyway but would be valuable cheap depth, but if Portland wants them instead of one of those picks that's fine too..
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't think Dame actually gets traded. There is a little bit of smoke, but it feels really mild. Like you can put that smoke out by just opening a window.

If Philly is dangling Simmons and Portland has interest.. they'll be the ones wanting Dame here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I don't think Dame actually gets traded. There is a little bit of smoke, but it feels really mild. Like you can put that smoke out by just opening a window.

If Philly is dangling Simmons and Portland has interest.. they'll be the ones wanting Dame here.
            A lot of things would have to go right for the three team trade scenario like other teams aren't interested in Simmons or the offers aren't good enough and Portland not having enough interest in Simmons where they would send Dame to the Sixers. Philly could do a lot worse than Lowry. I think he'll improve their team more than Simmons does.

I think Simmons is likely to get traded this off-season whether they get Dame or not. They've had years of this experiment and it has fallen short every time, even with Doc as the head coach this season. At some point you have to realize Embiid and Simmons aren't a good fit.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I don't think Dame actually gets traded. There is a little bit of smoke, but it feels really mild. Like you can put that smoke out by just opening a window.

Dame is exactly what Philly needs to close games. If that happens, between Sixers, Nets, Bucks and Hawks rising.... Raps should go into rebuilding mode for the next 2-4 years.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Dame is exactly what Philly needs to close games. If that happens, between Sixers, Nets, Bucks and Hawks rising.... Raps should go into rebuilding mode for the next 2-4 years.
                Yeah.. Embiid/Dame is the scariest duo in the NBA. Pending Embiid's health of course.

Comment

I am old enough to remember when that RR guy was writing that every team should just give up cause Miami was going to win 7 titles in a row.

Hawks could very well be the Miami Heat of this season's playoffs. Sixers will still be relying on Embiid's wonky legs. Nets have three great players but 1 of them has a long history of injuries, the other is playing on a surgically repaired leg and the third guy is turning 32 with a lot of road behind him. And the Bucks almost lost to a Nets team featuring one of them.

Comment

• one of the moves I saw happening. Interesting what Warriors will do
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wiggins + Wiseman + 7th pick for Pascal Siakam. I do it.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

one of the moves I saw happening. Interesting what Warriors will do
                        I am mildly OK with this if we don't get Mobley

Comment

one of the moves I saw happening. Interesting what Warriors will do
                          At that point I think you look to see what FVV gets you and go the quick rebuild route.

Suggs, GTJ, OG, Wiseman and the 7th pick would be a nice start.

Edit: Wiggins will likely be needed to match salary, so add him into that lineup. He had a nice year last season, so not a bad get if the Raptors go that route.
                          Last edited by A.I; Mon Jun 28, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I am old enough to remember when that RR guy was writing that every team should just give up cause Miami was going to win 7 titles in a row.

Hawks could very well be the Miami Heat of this season's playoffs. Sixers will still be relying on Embiid's wonky legs. Nets have three great players but 1 of them has a long history of injuries, the other is playing on a surgically repaired leg and the third guy is turning 32 with a lot of road behind him. And the Bucks almost lost to a Nets team featuring one of them.
                            Tim W who made a return recently. LOL every time he comes back he sadly gets flamed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, the proposal would be something like Lowry and Boucher and our 2022 pick (unprotected) to Philly, Simmons and the guy we draft at 4 and our 2024 pick (lightly protected, like top 5 or something, sliding to unprotected the next year) plus swap rights in 2023 to Portland, and Dame coming here. That's the dream. Fred, OG and Siakam playing beside a megawatt high usage scorer is the formula, and being able to keep all of them means you are diving gladly into the tax and shedding whatever draft assets are needed within the window Dame is signed for (up to 2024, player option 2025). You try your darnedest to hold onto guys like Flynn and Harris, who would have low trade value anyway but would be valuable cheap depth, but if Portland wants them instead of one of those picks that's fine too..
                              That would be cool but I doubt it.

Comment

You would think Dame would be a great fit in Philly next to Embiid but gotta say some of the best games Raps have played recently have been against Portland. Largely due to Dame's no D policy lol. That series Raps played against Philly went to 7 because it was a grind trying to score against them, and it would be much easier with Simmons out and Dame in.

Comment

Working...
                                X