Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/jdumasreports/st...740973568?s=21

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1410979056397520900?s=21

The Sixers have already fielded offers for Ben Simmons but continue to hold a stance that they will only trade him for an all-star caliber player. They most recently turned down a deal with the Pacers that included Malcolm Brogdon and a 1st round pick.
    This is interesting that both players are available.

Raptors should not sleep

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      hmm. Brogdon available? I wonder what you’d offer? You might even want turner back. Maybe even jettison the midget.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

hmm. Brogdon available? I wonder what you’d offer? You might even want turner back. Maybe even jettison the midget.
        I like Brogdon because he is a taller Point Guard, higher vantage point to set up offensive sets. He also has variations in his game, he has a decent first step to drive the ball to the basket. He also has the range to shoot the three. His defense is also no slouch. He is a nice Point Guard who would complement the game of GTJ or if ever the Raptors are picking Green or Suggs. If Siakam is staying, he can definitely be a nice PnR guy partner to him just like Brogdon’s days as a Buck with Giannis. He would thrive under Nick Nurse’s schemes at both ends.

If it requires a larger trade package, I would prefer Sabonis than Turner because Sabonis could play the role of a younger Marc Gasol, nice passing big, high BBIQ and also has range from the outside.

Van Vleet, Boucher, 2 SRPs or even adding 1 more future protected FRP for Brogdon and Sabonis is a great trade for both teams

Comment

I like Brogdon because he is a taller Point Guard, higher vantage point to set up offensive sets. He also has variations in his game, he has a decent first step to drive the ball to the basket. He also has the range to shoot the three. His defense is also no slouch. He is a nice Point Guard who would complement the game of GTJ or if ever the Raptors are picking Green or Suggs. If Siakam is staying, he can definitely be a nice PnR guy partner to him just like Brogdon’s days as a Buck with Giannis. He would thrive under Nick Nurse’s schemes at both ends.

If it requires a larger trade package, I would prefer Sabonis than Turner because Sabonis could play the role of a younger Marc Gasol, nice passing big, high BBIQ and also has range from the outside.

Van Vleet, Boucher, 2 SRPs or even adding 1 more future protected FRP for Brogdon and Sabonis is a great trade for both teams
          Brogdon and FVV are close enough that I don't think I would give up anything to make the switch. Brogdon is a bit older too.

You gotta ask yourself if Raps draft or trade for a true first option then who would you rather be the SG? Brogdon might be a bit lost in the offense without the ball in his hands all the time because he's always been a pg. Wheras Freddy can be free to fill his more natural role of a scorer.

Comment

What's in it for Indiana? If Brogdon is better than VanVleet why would they make that swap? Boucher only has one year on his deal.. so they would be trading an all-star for a guy who could leave in free agency? Indiana doesn't attract free agents so I don't see why they do that.

I don't see it being a great trade for them at all.

If you include OG and #4 instead of the 2 SRP's then perhaps they will come to the table. But then that's a lot to give up for two guys that don't really move the needle that much. I mean those two guys haven't really done much in Indiana. Got swept in the first round in the bubble. And then failed to beat the Wizards in the play in.

Comment

• Brogdon left Milwaukee on not so great terms. Was apparently in conflict with McMillan and then took all those subtle shots at him when Bjorkgren got hired. The apparently couldn’t get along with him either. Reason why Indy is making him available.

Comment

malcolm brogdan is 28

Comment

• Claw knows that deal would never happen, he's been told that the last 20 times he proposed it. He's just trolling.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Brogdon and FVV are close enough that I don't think I would give up anything to make the switch. Brogdon is a bit older too.

You gotta ask yourself if Raps draft or trade for a true first option then who would you rather be the SG? Brogdon might be a bit lost in the offense without the ball in his hands all the time because he's always been a pg. Wheras Freddy can be free to fill his more natural role of a scorer.
                    More so if this team has a pure point guard, rather than a tweener PG/ SG who is not even elite on one thing. Brogdon would suit well with a Jalen Green or a Suggs who can rightfully snuggly fit the role of a pseduo Shooting Guard like Van Vleet.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

What's in it for Indiana? If Brogdon is better than VanVleet why would they make that swap? Boucher only has one year on his deal.. so they would be trading an all-star for a guy who could leave in free agency? Indiana doesn't attract free agents so I don't see why they do that.

I don't see it being a great trade for them at all.

If you include OG and #4 instead of the 2 SRP's then perhaps they will come to the table. But then that's a lot to give up for two guys that don't really move the needle that much. I mean those two guys haven't really done much in Indiana. Got swept in the first round in the bubble. And then failed to beat the Wizards in the play in.

I think you answered your question. Van Vleet once a vital piece to a Championship team is more valuable to Indiana. Boucher is an advance stat stuffer.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

malcolm brogdan is 28
                        I know you would mention that and that is a fair comment. But he fits well with OG and Siakam. Brogdon is way more superior player in his role than Van Vleet who is a middling talent tweener

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Claw knows that deal would never happen, he's been told that the last 20 times he proposed it. He's just trolling.
                          Same as the Siakam trade to the Warriors that you seem to be a big proponent.

I find it funny that you direct message me once, advising me to tone down my rhetoric after I got an infraction but looking more like you lost your way especially if it does not fit your narrative. But cheers to you still lol.

Comment

I think you answered your question. Van Vleet once a vital piece to a Championship team is more valuable to Indiana. Boucher is an advance stat stuffer.
                            If you add #4 and OG to the mix, then it's an overpay. And that's what I think you would need to get both Brogdan and Sabonis with Fred. Boucher and 2 SRP's is not an enticing package at all. Especially since Boucher is an expiring contract and Malcolm and Domantas are both on long term deals for pretty much bargain values.

Comment

The old try winning with worse players strategy.

Comment

Same as the Siakam trade to the Warriors that you seem to be a big proponent.

I find it funny that you direct message me once, advising me to tone down my rhetoric after I got an infraction but looking more like you lost your way especially if it does not fit your narrative. But cheers to you still lol.
                                What? The Siakam trade was an actual rumour, which I made clear was undervaluing Siakam in trade value.

You have been posting out of nowhere the same VanVleet trade for months across many threads in spite of it not making any sense and that being explained to you each and every time.

Last time I try to help, I guess.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X