'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If you add #4 and OG to the mix, then it's an overpay. And that's what I think you would need to get both Brogdan and Sabonis with Fred. Boucher and 2 SRP's is not an enticing package at all. Especially since Boucher is an expiring contract and Malcolm and Domantas are both on long term deals for pretty much bargain values.
    If it is a straightforward swap limited to Brogdon for Van Vleet, maybe Raptros can include a 2022 FRP unprotected rather than protected.

But Let us see who the Raptors 4th pick or if they trade it, obviously that
    is the first move to happen that may trigger subsequent moves.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The old try winning with worse players strategy.
      More about fit. Brogdon is a better player than Van Vleet

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What? The Siakam trade was an actual rumour, which I made clear was undervaluing Siakam in trade value.

You have been posting out of nowhere the same VanVleet trade for months across many threads in spite of it not making any sense and that being explained to you each and every time.

Last time I try to help, I guess.
        Lol. So is the rumor about Brogdon being available. Van Vleet is the best asset to go the other way.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Lol. So is the rumor about Brogdon being available. Van Vleet is the best asset to go the other way.
          Brogdon available as part of a package for Ben Simmons? Sure.

Brogdon available AND Sabonis available for a return as low value as Fred? Yeah, that rumour is all over the internet...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Brogdon available as part of a package for Ben Simmons? Sure.

Brogdon available AND Sabonis available for a return as low value as Fred? Yeah, that rumour is all over the internet...
            Then what is the best offer we can give to Indiana to get Brogdon? Because every time, a mention of Fred Van Vleet, it seems your knickers are always in a twist. lol.

My initial post:

I like Brogdon because he is a taller Point Guard, higher vantage point to set up offensive sets. He also has variations in his game, he has a decent first step to drive the ball to the basket. He also has the range to shoot the three. His defense is also no slouch. He is a nice Point Guard who would complement the game of GTJ or if ever the Raptors are picking Green or Suggs. If Siakam is staying, he can definitely be a nice PnR guy partner to him just like Brogdon’s days as a Buck with Giannis. He would thrive under Nick Nurse’s schemes at both ends.

If it requires a larger trade package, I would prefer Sabonis than Turner because Sabonis could play the role of a younger Marc Gasol, nice passing big, high BBIQ and also has range from the outside.
            A straightforward swap between two players with a future FRP from the Raptors attached to Van Vleet can get it done

I only revisited the possibility of Sabonis if the trade expands to more than just 1 player

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Then what is the best offer we can give to Indiana to get Brogdon? Because every time, a mention of Fred Van Vleet, it seems your knickers are always in a twist. lol.

My initial post:
              It feels like ninety percent of your posts over the past three months are "trade FVV" and/or "trade Pascal." I wouldn't say my knickers are in a twist about it personally, but my eyes roll/mouse scrolls when I see these one-note posts multiple times a day. And when you beat the trade drum incessantly enough , it gets hard to separate actual rumors and the informed speculation from the simple wishful thinking in your posts; I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has started assuming wishful thinking by default.

Please note that the above does not mean that I'm completely against trading either player; if there's a properly strategic trade to be made, then either of these players can be included... but it has to be a properly strategic trade, not just shipping them out for the sake of shipping them out.

I do think that if you think Luka might be traded this season, you hold on to Pascal to send Dallas's way at that time unless you get a very, very, very good offer from someone else. Even then, Luka playing with Pascal and OG would be a really, really, really good nucleus if you could find a way to swing it - possibly FVV plus a signed Gary Trent plus our #4 plus future picks, if we've resigned Lowry. Even then, better bids might be out there, which would probably require Pascal plus instead anyway.

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              A straightforward swap between two players with a future FRP from the Raptors attached to Van Vleet can get it done

I only revisited the possibility of Sabonis if the trade expands to more than just 1 player
              I'm not sure about the actual value of a Brogdon/Van Vleet swap right now, given that both players are very good players that really maximize their value when playing with a star-level PF/C combination that opens up space on the perimeter on offense (as Brogdon did with Giannis). (Our championship team had that; now, not so much.) In terms of making this suggested trade anyway, I don't know enough about who is the better defender and by how much, and I'd want to be 100% sure that Brogdon's defense is at or very near Van Vleet's level before making the trade, and doubly so if the price includes packaging that FRP with it.

Comment

• The Cleveland Cavaliers are about to get out from under their last "we gotta keep Lebron happy" contract as Kevin Loves deal finally has hit the threshold of a buyout being palatable. ....It'll be in March of 2022.

Love is the proto type stretch 4 for the mad bomber Nick Nurses 3 point offence...

Yes ?
                No ?
                Maybe ?
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  The Cleveland Cavaliers are about to get out from under their last "we gotta keep Lebron happy" contract as Kevin Loves deal finally has hit the threshold of a buyout being palatable. ....It'll be in March of 2022.

Love is the proto type stretch 4 for the mad bomber Nick Nurses 3 point offence...

Yes ?
                  No ?
                  Maybe ?
                  At age 33 and porous defence, I'd take Love as a backup PF for Siakam making Boucher/Maxi Kleber/Poeltl money: 7-10M. If we could get him for that, yes, if not, pass. The cap hit and the constraints that would come with it wouldn't be worth it for a player that wouldn't start for us. He wouldn't be a good fit as our starting C because our main issue there after Serge/Gasol left is interior defence/shot blocking, and Love is not the answer to that (although he's a good rebounder)

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

At age 33 and porous defence, I'd take Love as a backup PF for Siakam making Boucher/Maxi Kleber/Poeltl money: 7-10M. If we could get him for that, yes, if not, pass. The cap hit and the constraints that would come with it wouldn't be worth it for a player that wouldn't start for us. He wouldn't be a good fit as our starting C because our main issue there after Serge/Gasol left is interior defence/shot blocking, and Love is not the answer to that (although he's a good rebounder)
                    It would just be money. Vet minimum.
                    Like Drummond last year. The Cavs buy him out.
                    Could he be convinced to play here for a season versus getting in his car and going to Brooklyn or LA.

Its always amazing just how much is left in the tank when guys like Love and Griffin get out of jail so to speak and come into a situation where they can get a look at a deep run in the playoffs.
                    Griffin hasnt played as hard as he as he did for the Nets since he was at Oklahoma.
                    Love can still shoot and rebound, things that never go out of style. It’ll be up to the Raps to be in the running for the East if they can get consideration from Love when the Cavs pay him to go away.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

It would just be money. Vet minimum.
                      Like Drummond last year. The Cavs buy him out.
                      Could he be convinced to play here for a season versus getting in his car and going to Brooklyn or LA.

Its always amazing just how much is left in the tank when guys like Love and Griffin get out of jail so to speak and come into a situation where they can get a look at a deep run in the playoffs.
                      Griffin hasnt played as hard as he as he did for the Nets since he was at Oklahoma.
                      Love can still shoot and rebound, things that never go out of style. It’ll be up to the Raps to be in the running for the East if they can get consideration from Love when the Cavs pay him to go away.
                      Oh yeah, for the vet minimum? Sign me up. Sadly though, these players (former champions/all-stars), typically end up in LA, Miami or NY. Raps would have to be in serious title contention for them to fall on our laps with that kind of discount, but hey, anything is possible.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Oh yeah, for the vet minimum? Sign me up. Sadly though, these players (former champions/all-stars), typically end up in LA, Miami or NY. Raps would have to be in serious title contention for them to fall on our laps with that kind of discount, but hey, anything is possible.
                        All I know is I don't want part of any trade that involves OG. His numbers are very similar to Kawhi's first years, its all tracking up. And I don't trade siakam unless I'm getting a lot back in return.

Comment

The Cleveland Cavaliers are about to get out from under their last "we gotta keep Lebron happy" contract as Kevin Loves deal finally has hit the threshold of a buyout being palatable. ....It'll be in March of 2022.

Yes ?
                          No ?
                          Maybe ?
                          He'll head to Brooklyn if bought out:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He'll head to Brooklyn if bought out:

I say he ends up with one of the LA teams, being a UCLA kid.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I say he ends up with one of the LA teams, being a UCLA kid.
                              He owns an apartment in NY:
                              https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...beca-apartment

Comment

• If he wants a championship the Nets are his best bet. If healthy they should walk through the east.

Comment

Working...
                                X