No announcement yet.

'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the Sixers get in that trade? Just Lowry?

Comment

• Maybe something like this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yz5cohj3

To GS: Ben Simmons, and Seth Curry - Curry Bros. and Simmons... not bad

To Philly: Wiggins, Lowry, 2022 first round pick from GS, 2024 First round pick from GS... picks, Lowry, and pair up Wiggins and Embid again. Gives them a bit more offence. I don't love it, but it's decent

To Toronto: Wiseman, Moody, George Hill, Love it for us... we basically give up Lowry, we most likely would have to give more in this trade... Maybe draft compensation. Moody and Barnes get reunited.

Edit: Lowry would have to sign with Philly for around 20M, for this to work as constructed
      Last edited by saints91; Sat Jul 31, 2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Could a three team deal be possible with the Sixers and Warriors?

Simmons going to the Warriors

Lowry S/T to the Sixers

Wiseman/ Wiggins/ Kuminga/ Moody to the Raptors

I am not sure if this is doable
        salary wise it wouldn't really work and philly clearly wants a haul for simmons which they aren't going to get.. they have screwed themselves not being patient or just taking what they can get.

they should try to trade with portland and then we can snap up nurkic

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          What do the Sixers get in that trade? Just Lowry?
          Morey has no leverage at all, he has to trade Simmons but at the same time achieve the end objective, to win a Championship for Embiid ASAP or the big guy will ask for a trade sooner than later.

Warriors can directly send those assets to the Sixers, however are those players capable to win Embiid a ring more than A Kyle Lowry can?

question to answer for sure

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

salary wise it wouldn't really work and philly clearly wants a haul for simmons which they aren't going to get.. they have screwed themselves not being patient or just taking what they can get.

they should try to trade with portland and then we can snap up nurkic
            Maybe they can work it out, just my thoughts.

Morey has two huge problems now…

He has to rid of Simmons, that relationship is beyond repair. Rich Paul I am sure is done with Morey

He has to win Embiid a title as quick as possible

Comment

• With Lowry’s advanced age and the mileage under him, he has a 1.5 to 2 years window to help a contender win a Championship.

Embiid at the same may have the same personal timeline that he keep track, win me a ring or I ask to be traded.

To really think about it for the Sixers, the move is basically a straight swap…Embiid with Lowry to change an Embiid with Simmons duo although Simmons going to the Warriors and assets going to the Raptors for S/T salary matching

Comment

• Raps need shooting. I'd like to see them add someone like Markkanen. I also think they need another PG because right now the Raptors only have 3 PG's on the roster - one of them is really more of a 2 guard(FVV) and the other is a rookie(Barnes). And yes I think Kyle is pretty much gone.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Raps need shooting. I'd like to see them add someone like Markkanen. I also think they need another PG because right now the Raptors only have 3 PG's on the roster - one of them is really more of a 2 guard(FVV) and the other is a rookie(Barnes). And yes I think Kyle is pretty much gone.
                  I feel the same way. Well, there's also Flynn, but yeah Fred is a 2-guard, and I hope they start developing Barnes as a Point Guard right from the start.

Question: if Lowry walks (eg to Mavs or Pels), do we have 19M in cap space to offer Markkenen, and if so, is it worth it, and would the Bulls match?

Comment

• The Lowry sign and trade options are actually pretty varied and they each have their own complexities. I wrote a big two part piece that should go up today and tomorrow that goes into both sign and trade options as well as cap space possibilities. New Orleans actually would be ideal as they somehow offer both, but with contending teams clearing enough flexibility to make similar offers, unless NOP is willing to go solidly above 3/90 to outbid them they may not be the landing spot.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I feel the same way. Well, there's also Flynn, but yeah Fred is a 2-guard, and I hope they start developing Barnes as a Point Guard right from the start.

Question: if Lowry walks (eg to Mavs or Pels), do we have 19M in cap space to offer Markkenen, and if so, is it worth it, and would the Bulls match?
                      I don't really know the Bulls situation that well.. but their owners are cheap, and they want Lonzo Ball for $20M/year. So I think Markkanen's cap hold will be renounced unless they can do a dual S&T or something.

So he's probably available.

I just think if you look at this teams needs foremost it is a big man that can defend the rim and grab rebounds. That's not really Lauri's calling card.

Comment

• At this point I think we have a pretty good idea of what the team will look like - we can be relatively certain that Siakam isn't going anywhere and we aren't trading for Ben Simmons. Setting aside Goran Dragic (or whatever he becomes) for now, we've got the following players able to fill the following slots:

PG: Fred, Malachi, Dalano
                        SG: GTJ, David Johnson, Champagnie, Ishmail
                        SF: OG, Yuta, Dekker, possibly Stanley
                        PF: Boucher, Precious, Freddy G
                        C: Khem, Anas Mahmoud
                        Somewhere?: Scottie

That's 17 players including Stanley (and I think we'll bring him back, if only because we haven't waived his cap hold yet). My guess would be Anas probably stays with the 905 for the time being simply as one of their roster players. I don't expect Dekker to make the final roster. Dalano and one of either Champagnie or DJ are our two-ways.

We still need an additional center, I think (Isaiah Hartenstein would be my pick, but Luke Kornet wouldn't be terrible either).

Comment

• You forgot Siakam on your roster depth chart.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            You forgot Siakam on your roster depth chart.
                            He'd certainly help shore up that group of 17 players.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              At this point I think we have a pretty good idea of what the team will look like - we can be relatively certain that Siakam isn't going anywhere and we aren't trading for Ben Simmons. Setting aside Goran Dragic (or whatever he becomes) for now, we've got the following players able to fill the following slots:

PG: Fred, Malachi, Dalano
                              SG: GTJ, David Johnson, Champagnie, Ishmail
                              SF: OG, Yuta, Dekker, possibly Stanley
                              PF: Boucher, Precious, Freddy G
                              C: Khem, Anas Mahmoud
                              Somewhere?: Scottie

That's 17 players including Stanley (and I think we'll bring him back, if only because we haven't waived his cap hold yet). My guess would be Anas probably stays with the 905 for the time being simply as one of their roster players. I don't expect Dekker to make the final roster. Dalano and one of either Champagnie or DJ are our two-ways.

We still need an additional center, I think (Isaiah Hartenstein would be my pick, but Luke Kornet wouldn't be terrible either).
                              If the reason you think Stanley comes back is because we haven't waived his cap hold, that is silly. Teams carry old cap holds all the time, they are irrelevant up to the moment you actually use cap space.

I don't see a spot for Stan on the team. Also, he's terrible. But that aside, there's just not room.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

He'd certainly help shore up that group of 17 players.
                                Maybe he’s an outlier, not entirely sure if he’ll make the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X