No announcement yet.

'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like door #2, girls would be awesome as our 6th man. And Moses is a good prospect.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Had a beer with Tenforthewin today, here we go;

1. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzth7y7j (Raps send a first to Philly)

2. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfalc7dk (Sac sends a first to Dallas)

3. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjdamyyx (this is showing failed because the QO's of Hart (~6M) and Markannen (~9M) are not there yet, but if they were this trade would be successful)
      Pelicans resigned Hart.. 3 year, $38M. So he can't be traded now.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Had a beer with Tenforthewin today, here we go;

1. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzth7y7j (Raps send a first to Philly)

2. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfalc7dk (Sac sends a first to Dallas)

3. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjdamyyx (this is showing failed because the QO's of Hart (~6M) and Markannen (~9M) are not there yet, but if they were this trade would be successful)
        TFTW is a RR legend, miss that guys insane trade proposals

Comment

• It's just so freaking exciting to be this rich with big/athletic wing-forwards. It's hard to beat the OG-Pascal-Kawhi trio for quality but our past - from Lammond Murray, to Hedo, to Fields and beyond - and how undersized we felt last season has me pumped up for the sheer quantity (and quality) of these guys we are now blessed with.

It's to the point where we really could run a fully 6'8+ lineup. It's to the point where Nurse might need to play OG some at the 2, if only to find minutes for Yuta and Barnes at the 3/4. And this stockpile should more than cover us at the 5 position where people seem to forget about Boucher, and Precious and Birch are clearly also in the forward-centre mold.

It's just refreshing, and really makes me optimistic for the future, not only not having to start Mo Pete or Ross at the 3, but to have 5 or more guys that could probably start at small forward, or at power forward, or even the 5 for that matter, without missing a beat with their length/athleticism combo.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            It's just so freaking exciting to be this rich with big/athletic wing-forwards. It's hard to beat the OG-Pascal-Kawhi trio for quality but our past - from Lammond Murray, to Hedo, to Fields and beyond - and how undersized we felt last season has me pumped up for the sheer quantity (and quality) of these guys we are now blessed with.

It's to the point where we really could run a fully 6'8+ lineup. It's to the point where Nurse might need to play OG some at the 2, if only to find minutes for Yuta and Barnes at the 3/4. And this stockpile should more than cover us at the 5 position where people seem to forget about Boucher, and Precious and Birch are clearly also in the forward-centre mold.

It's just refreshing, and really makes me optimistic for the future, not only not having to start Mo Pete or Ross at the 3, but to have 5 or more guys that could probably start at small forward, or at power forward, or even the 5 for that matter, without missing a beat with their length/athleticism combo.
            It felt like Boston started to build that type of team made of wings. But after Hayward departure that momentum died down. So now it's Raps who gonna try.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

It felt like Boston started to build that type of team made of wings. But after Hayward departure that momentum died down. So now it's Raps who gonna try.
              The Bucks kind of replicated that strategy when they got Giannis. And then Middleton. Took a gamble on Thon Maker. Lopez has long arms. Connaugthon is long for a SG. It helps to have Giannis around, but that team really likes long wing type of guys.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The Bucks kind of replicated that strategy when they got Giannis. And then Middleton. Took a gamble on Thon Maker. Lopez has long arms. Connaugthon is long for a SG. It helps to have Giannis around, but that team really likes long wing type of guys.
                Phoenix is likewise stacked with young athletic wings. They're just more traditional with their big 3.

Comment

• Long, two way players with skill are the currency right now in the NBA. How long were we waiting for a good SF. Now we have 3 skilled veteran wings, and 2 developing and not that far off. We're in a good place as an organization.

Comment

It's just so freaking exciting to be this rich with big/athletic wing-forwards. It's hard to beat the OG-Pascal-Kawhi trio for quality but our past - from Lammond Murray, to Hedo, to Fields and beyond - and how undersized we felt last season has me pumped up for the sheer quantity (and quality) of these guys we are now blessed with.

I think Yuta is down to victory cigar on the depth chart. Not a knock against him that's just how deep we are now. He's 11th man at best when we're healthy.

Comment

And it's not just their length. It's their smarts. I didn't know Precious before Summer League, but he was making look forward, heads up plays. Banton is smart, Scottie is the prototypical high bball IQ guy, Birch surprised me with his awareness, Wainwright and a few other new rookies, Flynn, Fred, Siakim and OG are all rounding into or are already that kind of player. The only one who has really looked lost is Gillespie.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think Yuta is down to victory cigar on the depth chart. Not a knock against him that's just how deep we are now. He's 11th man at best when we're healthy.
                        Nurse is very loyal to guys. Yuta busted his ass last year and played pretty well even when they had given up. I think Nurse will try to get him in there.

Wouldn't be surprised if Flynn ends up as the odd man out a lot of the time.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Nurse is very loyal to guys. Yuta busted his ass last year and played pretty well even when they had given up. I think Nurse will try to get him in there.

How much better do you think Flynn is than Matt Morgan?

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

How much better do you think Flynn is than Matt Morgan?
                            No idea. Never seen Morgan play in NBA games. I imagine Flynn is materially better.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Flynn is the backup PG, I think he'll be getting close to 20 a night.

You probably are right about Yuta getting minutes, but it will likely be us resting guys and he moves into a backup role, or hopefully we just dominate games and that will give us plenty of time to play Yuta. Not to mention the second we have an injury Yuta is the next man up.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

TFTW is a RR legend, miss that guys insane trade proposals
                                where has he been?

Comment

Working...
                                X