'21-'22 Roster Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

So Turner and Holiday (Justin) for Dragic and Boucher?
    Pacers won't do that. Turner is young and one of the best rim protectors in the league. He's only leaving there if it's on a package for for a high-end star (unless Pacers were in win-now mode and up for giving up a young piece for a win-now PG vet like dragic)

Best trade target for players like Dragic and boucher are contenting teams willing to part with a so-so young piece, in exchange for win-now vet help.

Teams off the top of my head that could be in that position are maybe Denver, Utah, Phoenix and Clippers, though not sure if any would have the pieces to make it work.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

But even then you have Dragic to play backup point. There was some weird assumption that we wanted to continue playing small in the backcourt.
      I don't think it was a case of "wanting" to play small. It was more about predicting that Nurse would try to replicate the successful Lowry-FVV combo because he prefers to put more playmakers around FVV, so that Fred can play off-ball. That prediction was correct because with Lowry gone and Pascal hurt, at least on paper in the off-season, Dragic appeared to be the most proven playmaker on the roster. Goran probably still is our best playmaker, but for some odd reason he has terrible chemistry with FVV... like really, really bad.
      Last edited by golden; Fri Oct 29, 2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• For me, our future starting lineup is already on the roster:

Guards- FVV and Barnes
        Forwards - Precious, siakam and OG

Barnes should be playing guard. Precious has been solid. The shooting is suspect, but should improve with time.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Pacers won't do that. Turner is young and one of the best rim protectors in the league. He's only leaving there if it's on a package for for a high-end star (unless Pacers were in win-now mode and up for giving up a young piece for a win-now PG vet like dragic)

Best trade target for players like Dragic and boucher are contenting teams willing to part with a so-so young piece, in exchange for win-now vet help.

Teams off the top of my head that could be in that position are maybe Denver, Utah, Phoenix and Clippers, though not sure if any would have the pieces to make it work.
          his value is higher than dragic and boucher but i don't think it's all that high. like i don't think you're packaging him for a high-end star as you've speculated or in an OG + picks swap that grindhouse proposed in the preseason. i think his value is a lot closer to dragic and boucher than either of those scenarios.

this pacers blog podcast noted that he's been benched in four of their five games this season.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            For me, our future starting lineup is already on the roster:

Guards- FVV and Barnes
            Forwards - Precious, siakam and OG

Barnes should be playing guard. Precious has been solid. The shooting is suspect, but should improve with time.
            Yeah, Dan and golden know those on off numbers which I don't look at, but I'm pretty sure Freds best minutes came next to Banton, when he was the defacto 2.

Barnes
            FVV
            OG
            Pascal
            Precious

as the future offense looks almost perfect to me. Minor tweaks, health, and internal growth.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah, Dan and golden know those on off numbers which I don't look at, but I'm pretty sure Freds best minutes came next to Banton, when he was the defacto 2.

Barnes
              FVV
              OG
              Pascal
              Precious

as the future offense looks almost perfect to me. Minor tweaks, health, and internal growth.
              I know some people were against this, but I think long term it should be Barnes at the 1. Fvv can be the sg. This fits in with what you are saying about Fred off ball.....

just noticed jaws was saying this too.

Comment

• Was thinking about this after last nights game and we eventually have to move someone.

banton is a starter and your going to have to pay him in 2 years

Pascal is a starter
                Barnes is a starter

I think I am fine with the Trent yuta SG combination

if it was a ideal world and everyone was first year second year players

banton Fred
                Trent yuta
                pascal O
                Barnes Boucher
                Precious birch

thats what this should look like but all things are not equal so someone has to be moved

i am waiting to see yuta play so I can see it but in my mind I like yuta as the starting SG
                Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Oct 30, 2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I know some people were against this, but I think long term it should be Barnes at the 1. Fvv can be the sg. This fits in with what you are saying about Fred off ball.....

just noticed jaws was saying this too.
                  Well offensively it doesnt really matter whom is considered what guard. The positions are more for defensive purposes. I really think Barnes should check a guard, unless that team is void of good guards and he is a better match up against a forward than OG or Pascal. Offensively, there is a ton of things that can be done with Barnes, some plays he'll look like the PG, other times a center, other times a SF...whatever. He can be used like Simmons, Draymond, or Lebron or a Point guard. He might be the closest player to a Lebron since Lebron entered the league. How many players are there that can play 1 through 5 on both ends of the floor and likely win the matchup? Honestly, given Lebrons age, Barnes might be the only player right now...and he's a rookie! (not sure how giannis fares against quick guards)

Masai and Webster may not had just drafted the best player in that class at #4, they may have drafted the guy who will be one of the best players in the league in a few seasons. He may already be top 30-40, and by the time his next contract kicks in, I dont doubt he'll be in the conversation with the Luka's and Jokic's. I really think he's that good.

Comment

• With the new rule changes does it change everyone's mind about the importance of defence now?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      With the new rule changes does it change everyone's mind about the importance of defence now?
                      Not sure how I feel about a flagrant on that closeout, but I love that good aggressive defence is back and being rewarded. And we have the lineup to exploit that.

Comment

• If u had to choice Fred, O or Trent for Myles turner which would u choice

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Well offensively it doesnt really matter whom is considered what guard. The positions are more for defensive purposes. I really think Barnes should check a guard, unless that team is void of good guards and he is a better match up against a forward than OG or Pascal. Offensively, there is a ton of things that can be done with Barnes, some plays he'll look like the PG, other times a center, other times a SF...whatever. He can be used like Simmons, Draymond, or Lebron or a Point guard. He might be the closest player to a Lebron since Lebron entered the league. How many players are there that can play 1 through 5 on both ends of the floor and likely win the matchup? Honestly, given Lebrons age, Barnes might be the only player right now...and he's a rookie! (not sure how giannis fares against quick guards)

Masai and Webster may not had just drafted the best player in that class at #4, they may have drafted the guy who will be one of the best players in the league in a few seasons. He may already be top 30-40, and by the time his next contract kicks in, I dont doubt he'll be in the conversation with the Luka's and Jokic's. I really think he's that good.
                          Was thinking after today's game he could potentially make the all star game this year......if that happens he would be in elite company.......Jordan, Kobe, lebron, magic, bird, Duncan......

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            If u had to choice Fred, O or Trent for Myles turner which would u choice
                            Zero chance fred or og, and I still wouldn't trade trent for him......at least not until I see his ceiling.

Comment

I have little interest in Turner anymore. He just doesnt seem to fit the style of play we are using. The pacers dont seem to know how to use him properly either. With warren, brogdon, and levert injured or on minutes restrictions, Turner should be one of their highest usage players. 6 shots against a team without a legit starting caliber center is just terrible.

Comment

What a strange question. Of course you'd trade Trent if you had the choice of those three guys.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X