Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #64 Toronto Raptors vs Utah Jazz - Saturday 10:00PM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Birch vs GOBERT last night - 17 points 10 rebounds 6 assists in 35 mins. That's um...pretty pretty good, no? still think the Raps need a C?

    Siakam in 40 mins - 15 points 7 rebounds 0 assists and as usual completely disappeared in the 4th.
    Yeah, everybody is all hot and heavy for Richaun Holmes, who is a nice player with an automatic short-range floater. But I think he’s going to be more expensive and I don't know if he brings all that much more than Birch. Plus, Birch is evolving as a 3-pt threat and really wants to be in Toronto. He might take a discount to stay here.

    Comment


    • #32
      golden wrote: View Post

      Yeah, everybody is all hot and heavy for Richaun Holmes, who is a nice player with an automatic short-range floater. But I think he’s going to be more expensive and I don't know if he brings all that much more than Birch. Plus, Birch is evolving as a 3-pt threat and really wants to be in Toronto. He might take a discount to stay here.
      It will just be poor management to drool on Holmes who in my opinion, Birch can be better down the road. Birch offensive rebounding strength is a significant asset. He also beginning to develop and improve his accuracy draining those corner threes.

      To salivate on Holmes with the end means to retain Van Vleet and Siakam and the hope of covering their flaws is the biggest idiotic plan of this forum.

      But that seems to be where the majority of the glass half full crowd are going lol.

      Comment


      • #33
        My glass half full take is that we have some really really good 2nd and 3rd option type players that may be appealling to other teams in a trade. Im more and more getting the sense that we may need to do a larger pivot and focus on OG, GTjr, and flynn going forward. The dream for me is adding beal and turner, but that seems unrealistic honestly. Offseason will be interesting, maybe if the bucks falter giannis might start questioning staying with the bucks.

        Comment


        • #34
          30 points in 25 attempts with all the greenlight and iso’s all game is Derozanesque.

          Van Vleet has carried that mantle...

          remember this....https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...erozan-got-us/

          #I got us

          A new pseudo star is born...when Bosh left, Derozan took over the reigns.

          Unlimited green light for Van Vleet as we all begin to see that this season especially next season when Lowry is finally gone.

          Try shaking your head and realizing, there is no 1A star coming to Toronto as a free agent, nor from this upcoming draft, or trading everyone else NOT named Siakam or Van Vleet.

          Comment


          • #35
            golden wrote: View Post

            Yeah, everybody is all hot and heavy for Richaun Holmes, who is a nice player with an automatic short-range floater. But I think he’s going to be more expensive and I don't know if he brings all that much more than Birch. Plus, Birch is evolving as a 3-pt threat and really wants to be in Toronto. He might take a discount to stay here.
            Not everybody. Like I said a week ago. I'm fine with Birch as the starting C going forward. He's a good player. We don't need another C. As for Holmes, I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Birch. He's just a sexier name.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • #36
              Nurse played Fred, Pascal and OG all a Thibs-like 40 minutes last night. Would assume all 3 are sitting out the tough back to back on the road VS the Lakers, with Lebron coming off a loss.

              Comment


              • #37
                golden wrote: View Post
                Nurse played Fred, Pascal and OG all a Thibs-like 40 minutes last night. Would assume all 3 are sitting out the tough back to back on the road VS the Lakers, with Lebron coming off a loss.
                Does the above statement contradicted with what you just posted below in a different thread? Lol

                That’s what I believe exactly this season has been about. Practice for the new core. We paid Pascal, Fred and OG big money and management wants to find out if they can carry a team to wins like Lowry and Derozan did.
                I actually wanted Siakam and Van Vleet against the best

                Comment


                • #38
                  Birch is all we need out of a starting 5, put the money into the other four perimetre positions.

                  Nick Nurse is going to have to lower FVV and Siakam's usage in the future. OG, Trent Jr., Flynn, and hopefully the rookie deserve just as big of a role in the offence going forward. This is looking to be an equal talent/equal opportunity team focused on getting it to the open man.

                  Honestly, this draft pick is so important in taking a big step forward. We should be able to address our depth and bench in free agency. We already have the complimentary players, just need that special talent that elevates the team. No pressure

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Birch is all we need out of a starting 5, put the money into the other four perimetre positions.

                    Nick Nurse is going to have to lower FVV and Siakam's usage in the future. OG, Trent Jr., Flynn, and hopefully the rookie deserve just as big of a role in the offence going forward. This is looking to be an equal talent/equal opportunity team focused on getting it to the open man.

                    Honestly, this draft pick is so important in taking a big step forward. We should be able to address our depth and bench in free agency. We already have the complimentary players, just need that special talent that elevates the team. No pressure
                    Are you really expecting in a real world that Nick Nurse will limit the usage of Siakam and Van Vleet?

                    Just be honest to yourself

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      saints91 wrote: View Post
                      Birch is all we need out of a starting 5, put the money into the other four perimetre positions.

                      Nick Nurse is going to have to lower FVV and Siakam's usage in the future. OG, Trent Jr., Flynn, and hopefully the rookie deserve just as big of a role in the offence going forward. This is looking to be an equal talent/equal opportunity team focused on getting it to the open man.

                      Honestly, this draft pick is so important in taking a big step forward. We should be able to address our depth and bench in free agency. We already have the complimentary players, just need that special talent that elevates the team. No pressure
                      That's a bit too much to think is going to happen out of a single draft pick or most teams with a top 10 pick would get dramatically better every year lol. And certainly only a few of them will even step into any meaningful minutes even in the first 2 years.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Birch is all we need out of a starting 5, put the money into the other four perimetre positions.

                        Nick Nurse is going to have to lower FVV and Siakam's usage in the future. OG, Trent Jr., Flynn, and hopefully the rookie deserve just as big of a role in the offence going forward. This is looking to be an equal talent/equal opportunity team focused on getting it to the open man.

                        Honestly, this draft pick is so important in taking a big step forward. We should be able to address our depth and bench in free agency. We already have the complimentary players, just need that special talent that elevates the team. No pressure
                        They need to either find a future all star calibre player in the draft or trade the pick for one in a package. WAS was prime to blow it up but they had that 10 game win streak so are probably confident about giving the core another go next season. Can't see any other young all stars that might be shipped in the off season. So yeah gotta nail this pick.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hey, I'm saying the rookie has to come in and be the best player next year, because that isn't realistic in most scenarios (Curry, Mitchell etc.). It would be ideal if he could be a contributing player in year one and progress to one of our top players by year two or three.

                          I don't think we'll be picking this low for a long time going forward, so it's imperative that they nail this.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            saints91 wrote: View Post
                            Hey, I'm saying the rookie has to come in and be the best player next year, because that isn't realistic in most scenarios (Curry, Mitchell etc.). It would be ideal if he could be a contributing player in year one and progress to one of our top players by year two or three.

                            I don't think we'll be picking this low for a long time going forward, so it's imperative that they nail this.
                            Yeah, drafting another Dwyane Wade is the dream scenario that I think you’re alluding to. But the problem is, unlike DWade, our draft pick would be stepping into a team with ball dominant and high usage young vets. So if the guy we draft does have superstar talent, we might not know that for a few years, or his development follows a lesser trajectory because of lack of early reps.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              golden wrote: View Post

                              Yeah, drafting another Dwyane Wade is the dream scenario that I think you’re alluding to. But the problem is, unlike DWade, our draft pick would be stepping into a team with ball dominant and high usage young vets. So if the guy we draft does have superstar talent, we might not know that for a few years, or his development follows a lesser trajectory because of lack of early reps.
                              If we draft another D. Wade you won't have to worry about waiting years to find out. Alphas take they don't wait to be given.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The pick is key but is not going to put the team back to the top tier of the East in one season, we took more than one step back since the title. I'm adjusting my targets, because I see it taking another 2 or 3 years to get to the top of the East again. I see it us taking a somewhat similar trajectory to Philly over the past 3-4 years:

                                Lottery team ---> Mid playoff seed ---> Top of the east

                                Year 1: Our lottery (this year)

                                Year 2: Key transitional year where you hopefully:
                                --Integrate the lottery pick with real minutes
                                --Replenish some of the pantry (depth) and adjust the team to function after the Lowry SnT
                                --Play at home again
                                --Rebuild some of the value Siakam & Fred lost after not making the playoffs this year, and hopefully put at least one of them back to the All-star game
                                --Finish mid-seed/mid-playoffs with good chemistry and exposure to our youth (Flynn, OG, Trent and the Rookie)

                                Year 3
                                --Flip one of the all-stars (Siakam or Fred) plus a prospect & pick for a top tier playoff alpha scorer. (btw there's no way to know who said player would be at this point, this is the 2022-2023 season and there's no way to know who the top dogs are, who's disgruntled, who's injured, who's washed etc... 3yrs is a long time in the nba)
                                --Nets will be old and declining
                                --Finals window re-opened.

                                Gotta take it step by step, draft well, stop pissing away assets for nothing (get something for Lowry), develop rookie/sophomores with real minutes, and time our rebuild to peak with the Nets decline.
                                Last edited by inthepaint; Sun May 2, 2021, 07:58 PM.
                                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X