Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #66 - Toronto Raptors 927-38) vs Los Angeles Clippers (43-22) Tuesday, May 4, 2021 - 10:00PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Why tank guys? Playin good ball. Beat lakers and barely lost to clippers without half the team. Who knows what they could do in the playoffs

is 9 or 15th pick gonna be much difference?
    If you were an NBA GM would you be happier if you traded the same player for the 8th pick or the 15th pick ?
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

We were abusing Zubac through three quarters. All it shows is the basketball gods want us to tank.
      That's because we had the stamina to do it in the first 3 quarters once in the 4th everyone is tired, but 7 foot is STILL 7 foot no manner what. 7footers with skills are the MOST wanted players in the league now, it's no longer 3&D man

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

That's because we had the stamina to do it in the first 3 quarters once in the 4th everyone is tired, but 7 foot is STILL 7 foot no manner what. 7footers with skills are the MOST wanted players in the league now, it's no longer 3&D man
        Zubac had a pretty nice game and was.... 8 and 8 in 30 minutes. He wasn't exactly a problem.

Raptors played 3 and a bit quarters of great basketball and ran out of gas in the 4th again. 18 points. They were short handed (Siakam and Fred with 40+ minutes each), they go all out at both ends and get gassed, they need a closer, etc. etc. Fun game, familiar ending.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

If we had OG and Boucher we would’ve had plenty of stamina. You don’t build your roster to prepare for Ivica Zubac.

Unless your favourite player is Eric Montross maybe.

Comment

Why tank guys? Playin good ball. Beat lakers and barely lost to clippers without half the team. Who knows what they could do in the playoffs

is 9 or 15th pick gonna be much difference?
            It doesnt even matter if we "tank" or not now. We are out of the play in game hope. 3.5 behind wiz with 6 games left in the middle of a tough west coast swing and have injuries to key guys. The guys could go balls to the wall playing Lowry 48 a night and we still miss. Might as well gain more ping pong balls and pick a team to bandwagon in the playoffs
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• If we beat both la’s i wudda had hope. The teams been doing well since birch and gill despite depleted roster. I think indiana is the team we cudda caught theyre schedule is fairly tough. But ya its done now.

This whole thing was pretty half assed. Shudda done a real tank if this is what management wanted. Or they shudda got the center help everyone knew they needed a long time ago. Now we’re a sliver out of playoffs with a low lottery. Worst place to be

Comment

Shudda done a real tank if this is what management wanted. Or they shudda got the center help everyone knew they needed a long time ago. Now we’re a sliver out of playoffs with a low lottery. Worst place to be
                They've done everything they can within the rules to tank. And we're not a sliver out of the playoffs, we're a sliver (ish) out of the play-in ... big difference. Aka, drafting 8th or 9th versus drafting 15th. I look forward to seeing what Masai, Bobby, Dan & co can do with an 8th/9th pick. And when you look at the odds to jump into the top four, it's well worth the effort (or lack there of.)

We were never gonna out-tank these bottom seven teams, they're far too genuinely atrocious for that. I hope that some day we'll feel very lucky that a team this good managed to finish this low. And hopefully we can get right back in the mix next year.

Comment

• I refuse to surrender! Raps need to make the playoffs and make some noise with a healthy team........

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                    I refuse to surrender! Raps need to make the playoffs and make some noise with a healthy team........
                    They will.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                      I refuse to surrender! Raps need to make the playoffs and make some noise with a healthy team........
                      In 2022.

Comment

• Pretty good game in LA again last night. Game plan was smart. And it sort of worked. We hung in with them right until the end, and some costly turnovers ended up costing us the game.

The defense was really great. Stanley and Yuta were showing their chops. Nice to have some size in the back court next to Fred. Makes defending the perimeter so much easier. Kawhi didn't look like he wanted to play at all. He had a nice pass to Reggie for that big 3. George hit a big 3 and took that charge. Their stars made differences down the stretch and that was game.

Fred was on fire for most of the game, except his tank sort of emptied in that 4th quarter. The only starter that was a positive. Pascal had a good game, until that 4th quarter when he decided to turn things over again. The half court violation and then the charge. The one thing that this team is terrible at is transition basketball.. I have no idea what happened. It used to be their calling card. Everyone (and it's not just Pascal), but everyone over thinks. They have the ball, going on a fast break on a 2-1 or 3-1 and they have to make a split second decision which ends up being the wrong one. It requires maturity to stop, slow down the game, and figure out how to get a nice clean bucket.

Birch had another efficient game.. almost securing another double double. I thought Gillie was better last night too. He boxed out great, and the use of his left hand was spot on. Flynn was invisible again.. to much pressure playing in LA or something? Could have used some scoring from him. Harris had his shot going, but you could see he was a rookie out there. Hope we can give him heavy minutes down the stretch.

Great night for the tank. New Orleans and Sacramento win. Although that Kings win was dicey. They were up big, and almost still found a way to lose to the Thunder. Thank-you Delon (again)!

Comment

• They continue to force feed Pascal end of game reps. Hoping it sinks in but as of now it looks like they need another guy to be the closer.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              So is it really 2 in a row in LA ..... or another good showing for 2-3Q and then let the tank in through the side gate?
                              I'm up for a W ....
                              Tank in through the side gate ....
                              You have to think some of the more competitive players would be kinda down about the obvious sitting out of healthy players every game. Games that were winnable if firing on all cylinders. On the flipside, management is doing a masterful of rotating key players in and out of the rotation where Nurse has them somehow be competitive most games. I'm sure he understands the tank but gotta annoy Nurse too....

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

They've had key guys out and won a lot anyway and are just getting everyone back and are a bit out of rhythm. It happens.

But the Raptors are playing great. Man if we had had this team all season.
                                Raptors fans are the best. "This team" includes a starting three of Stanley, Yuta and Khem. And we still love them. I totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X