Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #66 - Toronto Raptors 927-38) vs Los Angeles Clippers (43-22) Tuesday, May 4, 2021 - 10:00PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pascal aint gonna turn into a smooth operator with reps. Hed have to have a total overhaul on his style which is so helter skelter. He constantly spins with a high dribble and his fadeaways suck

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      Pascal aint gonna turn into a smooth operator with reps. Hed have to have a total overhaul on his style which is so helter skelter. He constantly spins with a high dribble and his fadeaways suck
      I think the solution is just to have the ball less in his hands. Unfortunately with roster contruction right now doesnt have anybody better other than Lowry
      Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed May 5, 2021, 03:24 PM.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Pascal aint gonna turn into a smooth operator with reps. Hed have to have a total overhaul on his style which is so helter skelter. He constantly spins with a high dribble and his fadeaways suck
        The pick and pop was kinda new and worked early though

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          They can't be perfect but they don't care? And it's a myth? They care more than most teams. Most franchises right now would be playing all of the available guys all the minutes to make playoffs. Raptors obviously are not prioritizing the wins and choose health.
          Not prioritizing wins and choosing health means shutting key players down for long stretches to allow full healing and recovery, like OKC is doing with SGA. The opposite of prioritizing health is shuttling partially recovered players in and out of the lineup, if the injury happens to feel better at game-time. That's a recipe to lock in a chronic injury.

Comment

Pascal needs to work on at least 3 things in the off-season:

- Tighten up the handle, ala Drew Hanlen clients (Beal, Tatum, Lavine, Clarkson, Barrett, etc....).
            - Bulk up and strengthen his core/base, so he can absorb contact & maintain balance/control
            - Improve his 3-pt shot & overall shooting (i.e. work with Hanlen)

Rico Hines was useful, but that isn't cutting it for the next level of individual skill development where Pascal needs to be as a max player.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Pascal needs to work on at least 3 things in the off-season:

- Tighten up the handle, ala Drew Hanlen clients (Beal, Tatum, Lavine, Clarkson, Barrett, etc....).
              - Bulk up and strengthen his core/base, so he can absorb contact & maintain balance/control
              - Improve his 3-pt shot & overall shooting (i.e. work with Hanlen)

Rico Hines was useful, but that isn't cutting it for the next level of individual skill development where Pascal needs to be as a max player.
              If Pascal really needs a shooting coach then the only one worth a damn is Chip Engelland.

If he needs to help a brilliant self-promoter make more money then he should definitely phone up Hanlen. He'll send him some vidoe, talk to him on the phone and have his marketing team post a workout video to his instagram to make Pascal look good.

Comment

Not prioritizing wins and choosing health means shutting key players down for long stretches to allow full healing and recovery, like OKC is doing with SGA. The opposite of prioritizing health is shuttling partially recovered players in and out of the lineup, if the injury happens to feel better at game-time. That's a recipe to lock in a chronic injury.
                We are not doctors to even begin talking about that. You don't have MRIs or any info on their injuries. So you can't assume any of that stuff.

Comment

• Pascal doesn't need a shooting coach. He needs to play more in Toronto.

Just looking at his splits (with regards to 3pt shooting).

In 2018-2019.. he shot 47.1% at home, and 27.3% on the road.
                  In 2019-2020 (including bubble games because I'm lazy).. he shot 38.9% at home, and 33.3% on the road.
                  In 2020-2021 he has shot 25.8% at home (Tampa) and 34.5% on the road.

As for his handles.. I think they are fine. He averaged 2.3 turnovers a game this year, down from 2.5 last year. Although his usage dropped from 28.1% to 26.0%. Pascal's biggest concern to me his is inability to perform in the clutch. But that can also be pretty fluky.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

If Pascal really needs a shooting coach then the only one worth a damn is Chip Engelland.

If he needs to help a brilliant self-promoter make more money then he should definitely phone up Hanlen. He'll send him some vidoe, talk to him on the phone and have his marketing team post a workout video to his instagram to make Pascal look good.
                    For pure shooting, sure Chip Engelland is nice with the work he did with Kawhi and Patty Mills, but you're showing that you haven't followed the NBA in like 6-7 years. He hasn't done anything with the Spurs starting backcourt of DeRozan or DeJounte Murray from what I can see.

Not sure where you are getting your info that Drew Hanlen is all-fluff promo videos and no substance. His NBA clients are getting major results and that's all that matters:

Beal: all-star, NBA scoring leader
                    Embiid: MVP candidate (likely runner up)
                    Lavine: all-star, 25ppg alpha/closer, MIP candidate
                    Clarkson: likely 6MOTY
                    Tatum: all-star, 25ppg alpha/closer
                    RJ Barrett: MIP candidate

Those guys all have the technique and polish in the areas that Pascal needs to work on, which is why working with Hanlen would make sense to me.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Sam Mitchell noted in the post game, if you watch that drive by Pascal, instead of Birch sticking to the wing, he cut straight into the lane, which made it a much more difficult pass for Pascal to safely execute, even though on first glance it looks like Khem is wide open. In Sam’s view, and it makes sense to me watching it again, if Khem had the presence of mind to stay wider, it would’ve made the defender have to choose between the two of them and would’ve had a better chance for a positive result.

These are things they learn from more time playing together. Also Khem expanding his role beyond just playing under the basket...
                      I think so too. But ultimately that moment of indecision leading to an offensive foul still falls on Siakam as the ball handler. Just got to be quicker and confident processing the play.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

We are not doctors to even begin talking about that. You don't have MRIs or any info on their injuries. So you can't assume any of that stuff.
                        Looks like the medical staff screwed up the first MRI and found a problem with the second MRI on Fred. Reading this article, it’s clear that we are not erring on the side of caution with FVV.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...day-hip-injury

And this still doesn’t explain why we’re running Pascal into the ground to win meaningless games. He’s played the last 8 games including 2 consecutive blocks of 3 games in 4 nights, with heavy minutes.

Comment

Looks like the medical staff screwed up the first MRI and found a problem with the second MRI on Fred. Reading this article, it’s clear that we are not erring on the side of caution with FVV.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...day-hip-injury

And this still doesn’t explain why we’re running Pascal into the ground to win meaningless games. He’s played the last 8 games including 2 consecutive blocks of 3 games in 4 nights, with heavy minutes.
                          "There was a stretch where we just wanted to get under control and let it heal properly. Getting back out there, get back out there for an Orlando game, and try to figure it out. So I'm working on it, I maintain it every day. I don't think it's anything serious, but it's definitely been a nuisance."
                          "So there were some things that I was concerned about but I don't think it's going to be anything major, long-term. I think it's just something to keep an eye on."
                          VanVleet's initial MRI after the injury wasn't too concerning, but a second MRI found some issues
                          Totally normal. Sometimes you don't see everything on first scan. The fact that they did two MRI already should prove to you that they care.

We are not running Pascal into the ground. His total minutes are fine on a year. And with wear and tear it's the total minutes that matter.

And they are not rushing OG back and Lowry got rest after scoring 37. They are cautious.
                          Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed May 5, 2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X