No announcement yet.

Game #71 Raptors at Mavs Friday May 14th 2021 9pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptors kept Harris attached to the bench all year? Seems like a mistake now. Baynes out there trying to convince any team to take him next year.......

Dallas, sad state of affairs there, they play like this in the playoffs they are out in first round.

Comment

Jalen Harris is already the best shot creator off the dribble on the team. And it’s not even close either.

Masai/Bobby/Tolzman have done it again!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Jalen Harris is already the best shot creator off the dribble on the team. And it’s not even close either.

Masai/Bobby/Tolzman have done it again!
        What's most exciting to me is that this is not a one-off. Harris has shown Bball IQ, and a good shot in all of his minutes to this date. The only reason the Raptors have secured 7th place is he has had injury problems. Can't wait to see him after the Vegas tournament, a summer of development and pre-season. Suddenly the Raptors don't have a depth problem. They just have a starting center problem. And I expect that to be fixed easily in the off-season.

Comment

Loved watching that game last night.. really sucks for all those that decided to skip it. Harris and Flynn were really good. In 2-3 years, with their confidence, they could be all-star caliber players. Harris has all the tools to become a dominant shooting guard in the league. And Flynn sees the court very well. They just need some polish to their games, but yeah Tolzman rocks!

That steal on Doncic at the end there by Flynn was just super satisfying.

Baynes had his best game of the year. He was +12! I don't remember a time that ever happened. Also had 13 points and 6 boards. Stanley had a really quiet first half, but pulled up his socks and finished with a respectable 15/10. Bembry made more good plays than bad plays, and his box score showed as well with an 8/7/6 game. Gillie hustled but in the end was pretty much non-effective.

And ultimately we died by the Mavs 3pt shooting. 17 makes, 40.5% shooting. I mean it's a make or miss league, but all season it's been an issue. Is 3pt defense possible in this league or is it just pure luck? Nurse has to figure out a way for us to be better in that stat next year. Last year we did well, but I think it was just pure luck. Or at least that's what I remember Zach Lowe saying before our playoff match up against Boston.

It's too bad they didn't pull off the comeback and the win. But they fought really hard. And it's not like Dallas wasn't trying. It sucks too that they had a guy that was a 91% free throw shooter, and were able to get him the ball off their inbound plays.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Ask Luka if he’s too little 😉
            Would you trade Flynn for Luka straight up or what would Dallas have to throw in?

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
              Even when Nurse throws out the G-League team, the Raptors still lose competitively.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

What's most exciting to me is that this is not a one-off. Harris has shown Bball IQ, and a good shot in all of his minutes to this date. The only reason the Raptors have secured 7th place is he has had injury problems. Can't wait to see him after the Vegas tournament, a summer of development and pre-season. Suddenly the Raptors don't have a depth problem. They just have a starting center problem. And I expect that to be fixed easily in the off-season.
                Depth always sorts itself out one way or another and this front office has a good track record finding guys. The bigger issue is the firepower at the top of the roster, which is tougher to fix cause requires landing an elite player.

Not worried about the center position. They miscalculated this season but should be able to find a competent group at that spot for next season.

Comment

nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                  man i thought our guard situation was resolved from those trades... now we got another guard situation with trent, harris, flynn, vanvleet....
                  That's alright, 2 PGs and 2 SGs. Sign & trade Lowry for a prospect wing (or for something that Pacers would want for Turner), and we're cooking.

Comment

Working...
                  X