Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Play In Tournament - Who is Going to Make the Real Playoffs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Play In Tournament - Who is Going to Make the Real Playoffs ?

So in the East we get 2 teams that appear to want to be there and 2 teams that seem to be going through the motions.
    Both the Whiz and the Hornets seem like they want to win and advance to the playoffs.
    The Chowders and Pacers look like they are playing out the string.

Out West its the Lakers, Warriors, Spurs and Grizz
    Its entirely possible that Curry goes off and by beating the Lakers in the 7-8 game forces Lebron into the last play in game against one of the Grizz or the Spurs
    Or
    Lebron and Davis destroy the Warriors.
    But if the Warriors win and Lebron does have to play on more they might have to do it against Pop and Demar looking for a delayed revenge game.
    Regardless who do you like to advance through the inaugural play in tourney ?

Poll Below... Pick the four teams that you think make it through the play in round to playoffs.
    Boston
    87.50%
    Washington
    62.50%
    Indy
    12.50%
    Charlotte
    25.00%
    Lakers
    87.50%
    Warriors
    81.25%
    Grizzlies
    12.50%
    Spurs
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue May 18, 2021, 11:48 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

My mind says definitely the Lakers, but it would be a joy to watch Curry put on a show against them.

I also chose Boston because Tatum can carry them past the Hornets. I'd be shocked if they don't beat them, but they're not going far in the Playoffs without Jaylen.

Comment

Warriors beat lakers, spurs beat grizz, Lakers over spurs
      Wizards beat boston, pacers beat hornets, Boston over Pacers
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Boston over Washington
        Indy over Charlotte

Lakers over Warriors
        Spurs over Grizzlies

Warriors over Spurs
        Wizards over Pacers

And no seeds change.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Whiz beat Chowders Jayson Tatum without Jaylen Brown is empty calories. Lots of points but in losing games. Kemba is hurt. Again. Marcus Smart is "who we thought the was" . The Russell Westbrook traveling salvation show moves into 7th.

Hornbobnetcats whup Indy Indy for whatever reason is going through the motions. Its generally an indicator light that a coach is about to be whacked. The gap between expectations as the season started and where they are now is pretty wide. They have good players. Sabonis and Turner in the middle. Brogdon running the point or playing off ball and Caris Levert is the scoring wing. Yet here they are scuffling along in the 9 hole. Welcome back to Trawna Nate. The Hornets want to, (unlike Indy) want to fight another day. And why not.. every passing day gets Gordon Hayward closer to return and this is a young team with an actual likable pretty much here star in LaMello Ball. They gonna whup Indy.

AND SET UP

The Terry Rozier and Gordon Hayward Revenge Game Yep... chisel another commandment on the stones. After trading both Rozier and having Hayward walk away they both play the games of their careers and send the Chowders not only to the lottery but back to the chalkboard to figure out what to do as well ? Tear all of it down and start over or tear some of it down and start over around the wrong player. Fuck Boston.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 17, 2021, 03:57 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

Don't watch enough of these teams to know a lot but I think Washington finds a way in... somehow, someway. Wizards are clearly the best out of those 4 teams. The other teams out East are all complete mysteries to me. Would like to see Charlotte get in as well but they aren't 100% healthy and you can't trust a team in the playoffs with Terry Rozier as their closer. Indy doesn't look right as DS notes but neither does Boston (from what little I have seen). No idea how any of those 3 will perform in a 1-game scenario.

Lakers and Warriors out west. Grizzlies are mistake-prone, which is an absolute killer in playoff basketball, and Morant's game is still too limited. Spurs don't have the firepower, though maybe a bad shooting night from GSW could allow them to squeak in?

Let's go: WSH (7), Boston (8 - beats Charlotte) and LA (7) and GSW (8 - Curry beats SA).
            Last edited by slaw; Mon May 17, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

NBA rarely has any upsets.

Boston over Washington. Indiana over Charlotte. Washington over Indiana.
              LA over GSW. Memphis over San Antonio. GSW over Memphis.

Comment

Would make sense for Boston to lose on purpose, and then win against Indiana/Charlotte as the 8th seed. Boston can get into Philly's head (they've swept them I think twice now). I think the Nets are too dangerous.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Would make sense for Boston to lose on purpose, and then win against Indiana/Charlotte as the 8th seed. Boston can get into Philly's head (they've swept them I think twice now). I think the Nets are too dangerous.
                  Alot of teams would be better off losing these. That's the problem with the play in games. Unless you're small market and really need the revenue, or you're a unique situation like the LA lebrons, I think I'd prefer the lotto to the 8th seed
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The Celtics can't afford to get that cute, plus, this isn't the Celtics team that beat Philly last season. They might lose to WSH but it won't be on purpose....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

The Celtics can't afford to get that cute, plus, this isn't the Celtics team that beat Philly last season. They might lose to WSH but it won't be on purpose....
                      Nobody loses on purpose (unless your LAC I guess to avoid LAL). I just said this in jest. They have no chance without Brown anyway.. and they've been mediocre all year, but still have a dominant player on their roster. That guy killed us last year.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Alot of teams would be better off losing these. That's the problem with the play in games. Unless you're small market and really need the revenue, or you're a unique situation like the LA lebrons, I think I'd prefer the lotto to the 8th seed
                        Yeah.. would be pretty funny (but mostly sad) to see Boston lose the play-in and then win the lottery as the 14th team. #Tanking

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I thought it made sense last year when you had teams that could be prejudiced by the scheduling. Don't like it otherwise. Too many perverse incentives for a league already suffering from 1/3 of teams tanking each year (not to mention all the players 'resting'), plus, you have the possibility for some absurd results, which they've luckily dodged so far (some team in 10th 8 or 9 games back beating out an 8th seed).

Then, as you mention, all of these teams are getting smoked anyway, so there's very little upside. Something like this would work better in a sport with more parity like the NHL but we really don't need more games of any of this stuff.

Comment

Poll closes at 6:30 today.
                            - TGO

Comment

I forgot to say it but pacers for sure were my bet and I think between Memphis and spurs its tough but I WANT Memphis. I think Lakers lose the first one.

Comment

Working...
                              X