Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about what could have been......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Yes but thier sheer lack of ability to play defense mitigates that.
    OK but your comment is they are vulnerable to one of the stars going down. Not so

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

OK but your comment is they are vulnerable to one of the stars going down. Not so
      If you have crappy defense and you lose 25% of your offense to an injury, it does make you vulnerable.

Comment

If you have crappy defense and you lose 25% of your offense to an injury, it does make you vulnerable.
        You keep digging in the same hole and coming up dry
        The Nets only had all three players for what 7-10 games this year?

They were 25-12 without Durant and 11-6 without Kyrie, some of those games were without 2 of the 3 superstars.
        They were 48-24 this year (.667 winning percentage) without their full lineup for the vast majority of it. How would the exact same situation make them vulnerable exactly? Their winning percentage was no different playing without a superstar as it was with all 3, Durant is the best player but I think their record was only worse when Harden was out, so that's where they're vulnerable, to still have two players on the floor who are better than any player on the Raptor's roster?

And you don't think they can turn up the defensive effort even a bit in the playoffs like all team do?

Bottom line is as much as I hate to say it again, they're a Finals favourite and every team in the league would love to have their tiny vulnerability.

Comment

You don't need to play elite D against this years Raptors. If we were some juggernaut offensively then yeah but Raptors were fully capable of shutting themselves down. So this idea that Nets HAVE to play elite D against Raptors is hard for me to agree with.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            You don't need to play elite D against this years Raptors. If we were some juggernaut offensively then yeah but Raptors were fully capable of shutting themselves down. So this idea that Nets HAVE to play elite D against Raptors is hard for me to agree with.
            They don't have to play elite D against most of the teams in the league so yup

Comment

I suppose, we will never know now for sure.
              Next year.......

Comment

I suppose, we will never know now for sure.
                Next year.......
                Until then,

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

then again...

Comment

And the wizards still suck so bad, they still lost.
                    But, ya, that is what I was saying, one key injury and the raps are suddenly in the second round, especially with a player like embid so prone to injury. And we woukd be moving on to.play the hawks, a totally beatable team. Only then to move on to play either the bucks or a nets team problem minus one of thier stars. .....

Comment

So let me get this straight.....Durant is the one that is not injured?

Comment

Yep, last man standing. But considering this star trios injury record of late, it wasn't so much a matter of if, but when......

Comment

The Bucks without Giannis are going to the NBA finals. One last bump for what could have been. But as a wise man said, play in for what? On to the draft.

Comment

It's whatever at this point. Siakam tore his shoulder anyway. What can Raps do without Siakam? 2nd round at best. even that was unlikely
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Really, all this just serves to add another year of asterisk to the Finals.

No matter what happens, Raps are still the last legitimate CHAMPS.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                It's whatever at this point. Siakam tore his shoulder anyway. What can Raps do without Siakam? 2nd round at best. even that was unlikely
                                But would he have if we were not in tank mode? The whole timeline moves.......but then by that same token maybe giannis doesn't get hurt......

Comment

Working...
                                X