Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Poor Clips....



    They were in tough.

    No Kawhi. No Ibaka.





    .....






    ....




    No Kyle Lowry.
    No Pascal Siakam.
    No FVV.
    No OG.





    ....




    No Marc Gasol. No Norman Powell.




    .... No Masai Ujiri. No Nick Nurse. No Bobby Webster.






    ​​​​​​​.... No Alex Mckechnie






    .... No Mascot that doesn't suck.







    No Larry OB.






    No Parade.





    ....




    Poor Clips.

    Comment


    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Playoff P and Pandemic P showed up with only 16 points in a do or die game

      He deserved all the shit in his career and last season
      Shhhhhh, he might hear you and cry to the media for being picked on

      Comment


      • Fuck the clips.
        Chris paul making Lowrys stock go to the moon!
        despite not being in the playoffs this last month couldn't have gone any better for us to set up next season
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Westbrook said it best: "Pat Bev is a trick yall"
          Remember when pat bev told steph the next 5 years are his?
          HAHAHAHAHA
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • I did not know the Suns have a huge following. That arena was full of Suns fans.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • The Great One wrote: View Post
              I did not know the Suns have a huge following. That arena was full of Suns fans.
              Lots of LA party kids go to ASU and Arizona. Prob hoping on the bandwagon over being clips fans
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                Lets be honest, the winner of this title is totally benefitting on injuries.

                ...
                Copy and paste that phrase for next year, and the year after. I get that there was a lot this year but this has been said and some shape of form pretty much every year since forever, and will continue on.

                What's becoming more apparent now over the past few years is that player "durability" is also a form of talent/skill/value on your asset. Freak injuries can happen to any player, but there is such thing as injury-prone and non injury-prone. It falls under the umbrella of the overall athleticism/make up of the player in my book.

                Currently, the player that is impactful (albeit not elite) that you can count on for 82+ playoffs, is relatively underrated; while the expensive star that is awesome when healthy, but is bridle and you're never really sure if can count on for a deep playoff run, is relatively overrated.

                Eventually though, I predict the guys that can do it well for longer are going to close the gap on the guys that are out-of-this-world but only on the 50 games and 1/2 playoffs they're physically able to play. Analytics in sports science is bound to start factoring that in with more weight.
                Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Jul 1, 2021, 02:49 AM.
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • nba_4_life wrote: View Post

                  I have a feeling that kawhi will leave, this summer.
                  Nah. That would maybe be the case if he prioritized winning over being home in LA, but that's not the case with him.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • The Great One wrote: View Post
                    I did not know the Suns have a huge following. That arena was full of Suns fans.
                    i'm surprised that you're surprised. it's probably the most iconic franchise to never win a title. they've had some historically great teams including the best team jordan ever faced and the seven seconds or less era, as well as the 70's finals team. the drive from phoenix is about equivalent to toronto-montreal to boot, and nobody cares about the clippers in LA. of course it was full of suns fans.

                    Comment


                    • The Great One wrote: View Post
                      I did not know the Suns have a huge following. That arena was full of Suns fans.
                      Every Clipper fan was there too. Squint and you could see them.

                      Comment


                      • Surprised the Suns won.. was really believing that the Clippers would find a way back after they trounced the Suns on the road in game 5. Looks like Paul had a hell of a game. So he finally gets to the finals with a chance at a ring.

                        These playoffs are so weird man. Because you know it will be the Hawks that get through.



                        Comment


                        • nba_4_life wrote: View Post

                          I have a feeling that kawhi will leave, this summer.
                          Assuming, for the sake of argument, you're right about him wanting to leave, and further assuming he'd take "Kyle money" (25 million/year) rather than a full max, where would he go?

                          He'd almost certainly improve the Knicks greatly, but Thibodeau runs his players into the ground and he's pretty susceptible to injury at this point.

                          Miami would gladly find a way to take him, but he's kinda redundant with Jimmy there, as they nominally play the same position and play it in a similar way. He could play PF instead but the Heat are probably equally well off with Bam Adebayo there. That said, they took a flyer on Oladipo this year, so they might be willing to take a chance on him at a reasonable price.

                          The Dallas Mavericks might actually be a good fit in terms of personnel... but the franchise's front office and coaching stability recently took a turn for the worse, and if the team culture requires him to defer to Luka, that is probably a team chemistry disaster waiting to happen.

                          Unless I'm missing another obvious teams, those are his options without a team doing major salary dumping or a sign and trade - and that's at a salary below market value. The Clippers are probably on pretty solid ground saying "we love you" and offering him the max, while quietly passive-aggressively insisting on not losing big-time on a sign-and-trade.

                          I mean, the sign-and-trade offers will be there if the Clippers are interested in moving on, but I expect that most of them will be on the Khris Middleton level of featured player in return. That's not really enough, unless you really want to part ways with Kawhi, and I don't think the Clippers do.

                          Comment


                          • TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

                            Assuming, for the sake of argument, you're right about him wanting to leave, and further assuming he'd take "Kyle money" (25 million/year) rather than a full max, where would he go?

                            He'd almost certainly improve the Knicks greatly, but Thibodeau runs his players into the ground and he's pretty susceptible to injury at this point.

                            Miami would gladly find a way to take him, but he's kinda redundant with Jimmy there, as they nominally play the same position and play it in a similar way. He could play PF instead but the Heat are probably equally well off with Bam Adebayo there. That said, they took a flyer on Oladipo this year, so they might be willing to take a chance on him at a reasonable price.

                            The Dallas Mavericks might actually be a good fit in terms of personnel... but the franchise's front office and coaching stability recently took a turn for the worse, and if the team culture requires him to defer to Luka, that is probably a team chemistry disaster waiting to happen.

                            Unless I'm missing another obvious teams, those are his options without a team doing major salary dumping or a sign and trade - and that's at a salary below market value. The Clippers are probably on pretty solid ground saying "we love you" and offering him the max, while quietly passive-aggressively insisting on not losing big-time on a sign-and-trade.

                            I mean, the sign-and-trade offers will be there if the Clippers are interested in moving on, but I expect that most of them will be on the Khris Middleton level of featured player in return. That's not really enough, unless you really want to part ways with Kawhi, and I don't think the Clippers do.
                            was thinking to the GSW as a sign and trade, they got picks and a bunch of players to match salaries

                            Comment


                            • Well KL said trust around his health was of the utmost importance. Spurs let him down, Clips let him down. Warriors ran KD out in the final and took a year of basketball from him. ehhh.

                              Only team that did right by KL was Toronto, but unfortunately the city isn't on the west coast.

                              Comment


                              • nba_4_life wrote: View Post

                                was thinking to the GSW as a sign and trade, they got picks and a bunch of players to match salaries
                                But why do the Clippers do that, or, really, most other sign and trades, unless they want to move on from Kawhi (which I don't think they do, unless that injury is really, really, really serious)?

                                From where I sit, the Wiseman+Wiggins+picks deal we've been seeing proposed for Pascal clearly bumps the Clippers out of finals contention for years... and with OKC having gotten a lot of the Clippers' draft picks in the George trade, they're a least a couple of years away from a proper draft and develop rebuild being an effective strategy.

                                I think what the Clippers are actually looking to do right now is pull in a better supporting cast. Hopefully they don't try to snag Kyle by sending us Patrick Beverly in return... I don't like his fit in our locker room or team culture.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X