Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holiday has done a decent defensive job on Booker.

    unfortunately, Milwaukee hasn't found a defender for Chris Paul

    Comment


    • Haha CP3! People forget how much hype this guy had the first half of his career, he's gone far too unheralded the last few years. Damn he's good.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • Cameron Payne repeatedly chucking early in the count 3s like he's Fred van Fleet or something

        lets Milwaukee close the gap to 9

        Comment


        • S.R. wrote: View Post
          Haha CP3! People forget how much hype this guy had the first half of his career, he's gone far too unheralded the last few years. Damn he's good.
          NBA media only cares about a handful of players and teams.

          Comment


          • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            Full Capacity..are you watching Ontario, Canada..no masks..
            What a joke Ontario, Canada is..these guys are trying 2 put there thumb on the ppl still with covid bs.. were 2 years in.
            Raptors better be playing in T.O that's I gotta say..this is BS.
            Suns are like the Raptors, but without Kawli, not bad game, I don't know..it's not the same without the Raptors.
            Phoenix has balls.


            Ontario and all of Canada is led by weaklings.

            Comment


            • Chris Paul wants a ring, he knows it will boost his legacy up the all time rankings.

              Comment


              • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                Phoenix has balls.


                Ontario and all of Canada is led by weaklings.
                Arizona has 50%/40% 1st and 2nd dose vaccination rates and they've got 16,000 fans in a Suns game. Fans in states with similar low vaccination rates also attending baseball games etc.

                The difference in mentality is pretty stark to what we've got here, that's for sure.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • The US has private health. Canada has public health. Canada has to treat this a little differently. Once enough citizens are fully vaccinated, everything will go back to normal, but it will be painfully slow.

                  Good news is that they are hopeful the Jays are back at the Skydome by the end of July.. and the soccer team even sooner than that.

                  Comment


                  • slaw wrote: View Post

                    NBA media only cares about a handful of players and teams.
                    The NBA star system is 100% by design. David Stern hit on that winning formula by promoting Dr. J vs. Larry Bird. Then it was Bird vs. Magic. Then MJ vs. everybody. Then Kobe. Then Lebron.

                    It's seems like they're trying to emulate elements of the Hollywood celebrity model and Euro soccer, and hope that fans follow their favorite players when they move from team-to-team, instead of caring about traditional regional loyalty of the hometown.

                    And of course, it's no secret why the NBA's masters (the networks and global brands) care most about the biggest markets. This is capitalism.


                    Comment


                    • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                      Phoenix has balls.


                      Ontario and all of Canada is led by weaklings.
                      Arizona has a population of 7.3M, Ontario 14.6M, so roughly a 1:2 ratio

                      Arizona has had 898k reported COVID-19 cases, Ontario 546k.

                      Of those cases, 18,000 people in Arizona have died, compared to 9,224 in Ontario. So, by population percentage, Arizonans are dying at four times the rate of Ontarians, and being infected at nearly the same rate.

                      In Maricopa County, where Phoenix is located, there have been 562k infections, and 10k deaths in a population base of 4.4M. That's an average of 1 infection per 8 people. The county reported 712 new cases yesterday. Would you REALLY be wanting to stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of strangers yelling and shouting around you in that scenario?

                      As planetmars noted, the US has private health - the likelihood of private health care companies denying coverage for future health conditions stemming from COVID-19 - so even if you had COVID and recovered, there's a good chance, in the US, that any future health problems you may encounter won't be covered - and you'll have to pay out of pocket for care.

                      So I wouldn't say that Phoenix has balls - I would argue that they just don't care anymore

                      Comment


                      • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

                        Arizona has a population of 7.3M, Ontario 14.6M, so roughly a 1:2 ratio

                        Arizona has had 898k reported COVID-19 cases, Ontario 546k.

                        Of those cases, 18,000 people in Arizona have died, compared to 9,224 in Ontario. So, by population percentage, Arizonans are dying at four times the rate of Ontarians, and being infected at nearly the same rate.

                        In Maricopa County, where Phoenix is located, there have been 562k infections, and 10k deaths in a population base of 4.4M. That's an average of 1 infection per 8 people. The county reported 712 new cases yesterday. Would you REALLY be wanting to stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of strangers yelling and shouting around you in that scenario?

                        As planetmars noted, the US has private health - the likelihood of private health care companies denying coverage for future health conditions stemming from COVID-19 - so even if you had COVID and recovered, there's a good chance, in the US, that any future health problems you may encounter won't be covered - and you'll have to pay out of pocket for care.

                        So I wouldn't say that Phoenix has balls - I would argue that they just don't care anymore
                        It's not that they don't care, but Americans definitely put personal freedom & self-determination as high values and are strongly opposed to government overreach. Those are values in the equation that Canadians don't place nearly as much weight on and that's producing different decisions (and different health outcomes) on both sides of the border.
                        I'm not totally comfortable with the level of government intervention that's been welcomed in Canada. Scanning a personal health barcode so I can walk into a movie theatre? Some of these measures better be short term, but it's hard to walk some back. We're still living with post-911 measures, there's always 'it's a new world now' rationale to keep things in place in the name of public safety.

                        A big factor is health system capacity and now I'd really like to know how many ICU units, hospital beds, doctors, nurses, etc each jurisdiction has per capita - including between provinces. Because some got overloaded fast and others haven't. And the system being overloaded exacerbates the negative outcomes.
                        ​​​​​
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • The difference is in the USA everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been for months. Literally anyone could walk into a Walmart without an appointment since April and get whatever vaccine they wanted, choice of all 3 Pfizer, Moderna, J&J. The only reason we're not at 100% is the majority of USA is very stupid anti vaxers Trump lovers so we get close to 50% and that's it. So businesses might as well go to full capacity because no one else is getting vaccinated anymore. They think Bill Gates is putting microchips in them, no joke so many stupid people believe that.

                          Our Private Healthcare system sucks ass so don't go around thinking Canada should follow our lead there. I just had a baby and our hospital bill was over $30K. It was a routine birth. We have the best Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan with extra hospital coverage, costs us about $1K per month in premiums, and we still owe around $5K after insurance. Our system is fucked. You shouldn't put a profit motive on saving lives. I'm sure we'd privatize the fire department and police if we could.

                          Comment


                          • Primer wrote: View Post
                            The difference is in the USA everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been for months. Literally anyone could walk into a Walmart without an appointment since April and get whatever vaccine they wanted, choice of all 3 Pfizer, Moderna, J&J. The only reason we're not at 100% is the majority of USA is very stupid anti vaxers Trump lovers so we get close to 50% and that's it. So businesses might as well go to full capacity because no one else is getting vaccinated anymore. They think Bill Gates is putting microchips in them, no joke so many stupid people believe that.

                            Our Private Healthcare system sucks ass so don't go around thinking Canada should follow our lead there. I just had a baby and our hospital bill was over $30K. It was a routine birth. We have the best Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan with extra hospital coverage, costs us about $1K per month in premiums, and we still owe around $5K after insurance. Our system is fucked. You shouldn't put a profit motive on saving lives. I'm sure we'd privatize the fire department and police if we could.
                            Congratulations on the birth of your son/daughter man. Enjoy the summer and by the fall when the season starts get him/her a Raptors onesie.
                            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                            Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post

                              It's not that they don't care, but Americans definitely put personal freedom & self-determination as high values and are strongly opposed to government overreach. Those are values in the equation that Canadians don't place nearly as much weight on and that's producing different decisions (and different health outcomes) on both sides of the border.
                              I'm not totally comfortable with the level of government intervention that's been welcomed in Canada. Scanning a personal health barcode so I can walk into a movie theatre? Some of these measures better be short term, but it's hard to walk some back. We're still living with post-911 measures, there's always 'it's a new world now' rationale to keep things in place in the name of public safety.

                              A big factor is health system capacity and now I'd really like to know how many ICU units, hospital beds, doctors, nurses, etc each jurisdiction has per capita - including between provinces. Because some got overloaded fast and others haven't. And the system being overloaded exacerbates the negative outcomes.
                              ​​​​​
                              Some of those stats are definitely helpful for sure. But, in my opinion, it's not just about the hospitals and ICU beds.. someone might sneeze and go running to their doctor or to the ER to get looked at. And that costs us, the tax payers, money. When something is free, it gets abused.. including (and especially) health care.

                              So with that, the government has to ensure it can save people money in the long run. And not over abuse nurses and doctor's who are government employed here. The US does not have to worry about this variable at all because everything is privatized.

                              Canada also pushes hard for a flu vaccine here, and I doubt the US cares at all about flu vaccinations.

                              Our government is bad, no doubt.. and there should have been a task force setup that have number crunchers that look at those stats. Or maybe there is and they just use vaccinations as their currency. At least in Ontario that's how they've decided to do things.

                              We'll get to that goal though. I want to be fully vaxxed so bad, but I'm an idiot and took AZ as my first dose, and have to wait a minimum of 8 weeks before my second. I should have waited a week and got Pfizer or Moderna instead. I'll get my second dose in a couple of weeks.. just have to have a little more patience.

                              Those numbers will go really up once AZ first dosers can get their second dose. I bet we'll get to 75-80% fully vaccinated by the end of August.


                              Comment


                              • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                                Phoenix has balls.


                                Ontario and all of Canada is led by weaklings.
                                It would take a lot more balls in Arizona to not do what they've been doing. As was mentioned upthread, there's a pretty strong culture of individual rights and freedoms which, in areas with strong Republican support, approaches 'Gubmint damn well better not tell me anything about anything or there's going to be trouble', which is way too far in that direction.

                                My province (Manitoba) has been doing really, really well (75% of eligible people have had had their first dose and 50%+ have had their second, and it's looking likely that we'll hit the 80%/75% target for full reopening sometime in the first two weeks of August. Ontario is a little behind us, but I would expect that you will likely have similar uptake (or better) by the first two weeks of September, if not sooner. That should almost certainly be enough to allow at least 50% capacity for Raptors home games, or full capacity if only vaccinated people are allowed to attend.

                                The only real question about a Raptors season at this point (despite Silver's caution on the subject) is going to be about teams travelling into and out of Canada, but given that NBA teams and their travelling parties have high vaccine uptake (because the league and the PA have been very forward-thinking on this) that should not be a major issue once the border has opened a little more.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X