Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    Bud's adjustments...

    If the Bucks wilt at home in game 3 Fedex will be delivering pallet loads of Zantac and beta blockers to the Bucks front office.
    They are committed to those 3 guys for another 3 years.... and that just might be the lifespan of the Nets superteam before they too fade away.

    So if your the Raps... are you doing a Morey and stepping up to take on the big dogs next year ... or keeping your powder dry for a run at them in 2023 ? Keeping your powder dry would look like letting kyle walk and keeping your cap space open for an oppty at a bad contract for a good FRP...or perhaps if there is a semi desperate team in Philly a point guard short of what they think will put them over the top next year if they flame out this year doing a S&T for a young rotation player(s) and FRP or trying to trade high on guys in the next couple years if the oppty arises or you manufacture one or two.


    Durant will be 34, Harden will be 33 and Irving will be 31 in the 2023-24 season.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 9, 2021, 01:20 PM.
    And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

    Comment


    • Mitchell played like a superstar in the bubble last year. He's doing it again this year.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        None of these series matter, the Nets are gonna roll any team remaining
        You never know something might happen in Israel and Kyrie may have to take the rest of the season off. Leaving KD alone with Harden sidelined
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • The Great One wrote: View Post
          Mitchell played like a superstar in the bubble last year. He's doing it again this year.
          Yea mitchell hasn't been getting the love probably since he is in utah. He right there with those other young stars coming up. Last year i think Conley wasn't intrgrated right and the supporting cast wasn't there. Bogdan missed the bubble, clarkson has been a walking bucket off the bench, Ingles in that pesky dude ever team needs and they play D. They are a solid team but without mitchell they are probably 12 in the west.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

            Thinking that a quarter of $B can help in producing a lot of legacy in whichever field he chooses...

            The Alphabet if he wants.. can take that contract dough and do what he wants with it for himself or a cause he finds appropriate,or, do nothing with it.....BUT... he as the option in the time honoured tradition of NBA players on the downside of their career curves to chase a ring with the superteam of the day.... Lets call it the Durant model
            He can do that, but it won't be as impactful as KD coz he will never be the alpha in that team.

            Comment


            • Giannis is 26. His story has a lot of chapters left. Way too early to be pronouncing him this or that.

              Comment


              • I think "playoff basketball" as it once was is offically dead. No longer do whistle loosen and the refs let them play. No longer does a guy who baits for foul shots get exposed in the post season. No longer do D tighten up and the big man becomes more important. NBA basketball is just shooting 3 and no D. Regular season and playoffs
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                Comment


                • slaw wrote: View Post
                  Giannis is 26. His story has a lot of chapters left. Way too early to be pronouncing him this or that.
                  Giannis is the Minnesota KG.
                  Unless he gets out of Milwaukee, the chances of him getting that ring is almost zero.

                  Comment


                  • I don't think the Nuggets have enough to beat elite teams like the Suns. The fact that these guys beat the Blazers without Murray, Barton and Dozier and still putting up 120+ points a game shows how bad the Blazers are.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • The Great One wrote: View Post
                      I don't think the Nuggets have enough to beat elite teams like the Suns. The fact that these guys beat the Blazers without Murray, Barton and Dozier and still putting up 120+ points a game shows how bad the Blazers are.
                      Or they got the mvp
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        I think "playoff basketball" as it once was is offically dead. No longer do whistle loosen and the refs let them play. No longer does a guy who baits for foul shots get exposed in the post season. No longer do D tighten up and the big man becomes more important. NBA basketball is just shooting 3 and no D. Regular season and playoffs
                        There's lots of D, defences and defenders are better than ever. It's just that having one shot worth 50% more points than other shots is finally being really figured out, and that +50% shot breaks defences. Every team left plays 4 or 5 out. Spread a defence with 5 out offence and take a pile of 3s or take the open layups, what more can you do.

                        Hilarious now to think teams used to run things like a high-low post offence with two guys in the paint. Plus their defenders. Hard to imagine 4 players permanently around the key now. Traffic jam.

                        I don't mind the ref whistle issue. Hockey has this problem - play one way all season then play a different way in the playoffs. Now your superstars go home and less skilled teams are advancing because Joe Lunchpail can clutch and grab and get in stick work. No one wants to see teams like Las Vegas in the Finals while McDavid, Crosby, and your sports biggest stars sit at home.

                        I don't think NBA ever will but the only real issue to fix is the 3 point line. It's 3 pointers more than anything else that's broken the game open. They're taken at an astronomical rate now and still going up.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                          Giannis is the Minnesota KG.
                          Unless he gets out of Milwaukee, the chances of him getting that ring is almost zero.
                          They used to say the same about Jordan at 26.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

                          Comment


                          • Phoenix is starting to impress me. I thought this series would be a lot closer than it has been so far, they're looking like a legit finals team
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Phoenix is starting to impress me. I thought this series would be a lot closer than it has been so far, they're looking like a legit finals team
                              Murray being out doomed the Nuggets. That was such a bad break for both him and the team.

                              Comment


                              • slaw wrote: View Post

                                Murray being out doomed the Nuggets. That was such a bad break for both him and the team.
                                Yeah, it says a lot about Jokic and Malone that they were able to get by Portland in the first round with a makeshift backcourt. Jokic is a legit, super-duper star. Also says a lot about Stotts, Llillard and the Blazers overall roster construction.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X