Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    I missed a lot of exciting games this weekend but that was a great knockout by the young Hawks….I always thought that they just recreated a team that was so similar of the young Warriors. Not sure if they can win it all, as I have my doubts. But they are an Iggy type move away to be the East Powerhouse next season. Some clown said that the Raptors as is are still a better team than the Hawks next year..LOL. Same circus performer who said that he won’t take Mars opinion’s seriously. This for you Mars my friend…I will take your side anytime of the day .

….and mr. mars…James Jones got the EOY…I am sure the guy Travis Shlenk of the Hawks may not that far behind.

Nice game 1 from the Suns…hopefully they finish Ballmer and Lawrence Frank for good.

Now let's not mistake Atlanta's success with them becoming dominant, Philly is still a flawed team.
    The raptors are still a better team than the hawks, provided we secure a decent center. If anything the more these playoffs progress, the more sad it is the raptors were not playing. A healthy raps team with birch as starting center this year could have gone further than expected.
    Even against the "almighty bucks" we would have had a decent chance.
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Mon Jun 21, 2021, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• Who says no?!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhnwwwwc

Comment

• F$%% NO..We don't want sixers trash, chokers, bums..process..lol....that's ok will keep siakim and Lowry and we are gonna try 2 get Bradley Beal, Olynuk and Ibaka, plus pray the gods we're in top 4 in the lottery...Let's Go...
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I love everything about Trae Young and Booker....

Comment

• Atlanta is really impressive.. and they've been doing it without arguably their best defender in Hunter. But more so Philly is just not built for the playoffs.. not with Doc Rivers as their head coach. That pairing really made no sense. The game should never have been close, but that Thybulle foul on Huerter was the dagger.

I am not a fan of Trae Young's at all.. but he's a baller. And I'm sure Atlanta is not regretting trading Luka for him at all. Young seems like a natural born leader. I think they'll give the Bucks some problems.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Atlanta has surpassed Toronto.. especially if Lowry walks.

Comment

• LOL nope.

But a Lowry+ for Simmons swap is possible now. Simmons' market will be very cool, probably, and they HAVE to move him, I think.

If Lowry doesn't want to re-sign here and would prefer a SnT to get him to play beside a superstar, Embiid in his hometown Philly would be cool. And he fits really well what they need. If it was something like Lowry at 20M per for 3 years, plus Boucher and say our 2022 1st, for Simmons... Depending on his market, that might be the best win-now move they could make, and they should absolutely be looking to win now. Raps stay over the cap, re-sign Trent and Birch (via MLE), and add two blue chippers (one damaged goods at this point) in one summer with their lotto pick and Simmons.

If Philly needs more value than that, they can shop him around elsewhere. Like, no thanks if they want our lotto pick this year. Or one of the core three. But if Lowry is outgoing anyway, Simmons is worth rolling the dice on.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

LOL nope.

But a Lowry+ for Simmons swap is possible now. Simmons' market will be very cool, probably, and they HAVE to move him, I think.

If Lowry doesn't want to re-sign here and would prefer a SnT to get him to play beside a superstar, Embiid in his hometown Philly would be cool. And he fits really well what they need. If it was something like Lowry at 20M per for 3 years, plus Boucher and say our 2022 1st, for Simmons... Depending on his market, that might be the best win-now move they could make, and they should absolutely be looking to win now. Raps stay over the cap, re-sign Trent and Birch (via MLE), and add two blue chippers (one damaged goods at this point) in one summer with their lotto pick and Simmons.

If Philly needs more value than that, they can shop him around elsewhere. Like, no thanks if they want our lotto pick this year. Or one of the core three. But if Lowry is outgoing anyway, Simmons is worth rolling the dice on.
                I can't see Simmons landing the equivalent of Lowry, Boucher and a 1st. Pass.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Atlanta is really impressive.. and they've been doing it without arguably their best defender in Hunter. But more so Philly is just not built for the playoffs.. not with Doc Rivers as their head coach. That pairing really made no sense. The game should never have been close, but that Thybulle foul on Huerter was the dagger.

I am not a fan of Trae Young's at all.. but he's a baller. And I'm sure Atlanta is not regretting trading Luka for him at all. Young seems like a natural born leader. I think they'll give the Bucks some problems.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Atlanta has surpassed Toronto.. especially if Lowry walks.
                  The Gallo steal was also the final nail.

People around here need to re-evaluate the whole concept that you can't win with offense-first players. Trae Young, Collins, Gallo and Lou Will have been unanimously heralded as bottom-of-the-barrel of NBA defenders at various times in their career. Bogdonavich and Heurter aren't exactly perennial All-Defense candidates either. That's 6 out of 8 of their main rotation guys are non-defenders.

And yet, the Hawks seriously cranked up their defensive intensity for the last 4 games of the series and took out the #1 seed.... without their top wing defender (Hunter).

I really hope Nurse is watching the Hawks and taking notes. Sure, we'd all love to have a roster full of switchable 2-way defenders who can dribble, pass and shoot the 3. But you have to maximize the strengths of the players you're given and develop a defensive scheme that makes sense, and Nate McMillan has done that this year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is an overpay for Simmons at this point, whose value is almost negligible around the league. He's got four more years on his contract STARTING at $31m, and the Sixers just took him off the court in the crucial closing minutes of a game 7 because they didn't trust him to be able to shoot the ball or even to be gutsy enough to try. His own teammates are complaining about him to the media. Any picks in a Simmons/Lowry trade would be coming to us, rather than vice versa, and it's far more likely that a third, rebuilding team would be engaged to actually take on Simmons' contract (and be bribed with the picks) and we would end up getting some smaller assets in a Kyle S&T.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Gallo steal was also the final nail.

People around here need to re-evaluate the whole concept that you can't win with offense-first players. Trae Young, Collins, Gallo and Lou Will have been unanimously heralded as bottom-of-the-barrel of NBA defenders at various times in their career. Bogdonavich and Heurter aren't exactly perennial All-Defense candidates either. That's 6 out of 8 of their main rotation guys are non-defenders.

And yet, the Hawks seriously cranked up their defensive intensity for the last 4 games of the series and took out the #1 seed.... without their top wing defender (Hunter).

I really hope Nurse is watching the Hawks and taking notes. Sure, we'd all love to have a roster full of switchable 2-way defenders who can dribble, pass and shoot the 3. But you have to maximize the strengths of the players you're given and develop a defensive scheme that makes sense, and Nate McMillan has done that this year.
                      They played good defense, but Philly also played really bad offense. I think it really depends on the match up to get away with a bunch of poor defenders that play hard. DeMar played hard on defense too, but was letting JR Smith get wide open looks over and over again.. Simply because he's got terrible instincts on that end of the game, and Lebron set him up perfectly.

Philly was unprepared.. just like LAC last year against Denver. And they had Kawhi. Doc Rivers sucks as a coach. Nate isn't that great either.. I mean how many times did Indiana lose in the playoffs? Didn't they get swept twice in a row?

And the thing is, the Bucks have a shaky offense too because Bud is Bud. We'll see how Atlanta handles that offense though.

The East became wide open once Harden and Kyrie got hurt.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

This is an overpay for Simmons at this point, whose value is almost negligible around the league. He's got four more years on his contract STARTING at $31m, and the Sixers just took him off the court in the crucial closing minutes of a game 7 because they didn't trust him to be able to shoot the ball or even to be gutsy enough to try. His own teammates are complaining about him to the media. Any picks in a Simmons/Lowry trade would be coming to us, rather than vice versa, and it's far more likely that a third, rebuilding team would be engaged to actually take on Simmons' contract (and be bribed with the picks) and we would end up getting some smaller assets in a Kyle S&T.
                        A bit of an exaggeration to call it an overpay, but yeah in the modern NBA, a point guard who can't shoot / won't shoot (eh, eh) is kind of like a hockey player who can't skate. You could be a great stickhandler and have the hardest shot, but that only gets you so far. I know this from personal experience, lol.

Comment

• Simmons needs a 4 out offense like Giannis and the Bucks. When you refuse to shoot or suck at it.. the rest of the team has to make up for that big weakness. At least Giannis makes up for it by wanting to dunk the ball on every possession. Ben just becomes really passive.

I'm a big no in trading for Simmons. It's also why I don't want Scottie Barnes. He may not become as passive as Ben is, but he'll still be a liability.

Comment

• ESPN talking heads are all over Simmons this morning.

His value nosediving, that 146 million/ 4 years left in his contract is scary. But he is young and ceiling is still high.

Dallas will most likely make a bid….they will dangle Porzingis, not sure however if that is a fit for the Sixers

Lakers is definitely a player with Kuzma, Pope and future picks

Portland as well with McCollum

Heat, I am not so sure if they have the salaries to match outside of Bam and Jimmy.

Golden State with Wiggins and Wiseman or I would not be surprise if they dangle Draymond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Simmons needs a 4 out offense like Giannis and the Bucks. When you refuse to shoot or suck at it.. the rest of the team has to make up for that big weakness. At least Giannis makes up for it by wanting to dunk the ball on every possession. Ben just becomes really passive.

I'm a big no in trading for Simmons. It's also why I don't want Scottie Barnes. He may not become as passive as Ben is, but he'll still be a liability.
                              I think the Giannis-Simmons comparison is spot on and it really highlights how much Giannis has improved and how much he has become a leader when contrasted with Simmons. But even at a mundane level, Giannis does shoot threes. He makes some. He struggles at the line but he fights to get there. And say what you want about the guy but he would never quit on his team the way Simmons did in this series. IN the meantime, Giannis is a better ballhandler, passer, post-player, defender and leader than he was 4 years ago.

Meanwhile, Simmons hasn't improved at all offensively in years. We've heard for years that coaches and other players (including guys like Reddick) begged him to shoot with his right hand and he hasn't followed through on it. What does that say about the player?

I suspect his market will be higher than people think right now but you'd need some commitments from him before pulling the trigger wouldn't you?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                ESPN talking heads are all over Simmons this morning.

His value nosediving, that 146 million/ 4 years left in his contract is scary. But he is young and ceiling is still high.

Dallas will most likely make a bid….they will dangle Porzingis, not sure however if that is a fit for the Sixers

Lakers is definitely a player with Kuzma, Pope and future picks

Portland as well with McCollum

Heat, I am not so sure if they have the salaries to match outside of Bam and Jimmy.

Golden State with Wiggins and Wiseman or I would not be surprise if they dangle Draymond.
                                Morey is going whale hunting. My guess would be they will target Lillard but he may have had someone in mind as far back as the summer.

Circling back to the Lowry deal, I think the biggest reason Morey didn't do that trade was cause he wants to bring in a superstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X