Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    Raptors always value (and pay) our own upper-end free agents higher than other teams....... probably because we can't poach them from other teams. lol.
    Do you have any examples of that besides Lowry?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

      I don't think anyone really cares.
      In addition into the idea whether they were just sick of not having a real practice facility and real home court or whether they had no family life to speak of as well. Other than Kyle and I think Fred, I don't know who has wives/kids and who normally spend their time in Toronto in-season. I doubt they were sick of the weather

      Comment


      • golden wrote: View Post

        Meh. They all say a lot of stuff during the FA process.

        It's the standard Player Empowerment checklist:

        - I want max salary (AAV & years) so I can feed by great-great-great grandchildren
        - I want to play for a championship contender
        - I want to play with my super-friends
        - I want to be close to my family
        - I want to play in a city with great weather
        - I want a place where I can get max endorsements
        - I want a private jet & golf course privileges
        - I want my load managed
        - Etc, etc, etc...





        And a pony.
        And only red smarties.
        And delivered daily ....1 Grande ICED Americano with 2 Sweet-N-Lows and soy milk, frothed with extra foam.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue May 25, 2021, 05:04 PM.
        And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post

          Raptors always value (and pay) our own upper-end free agents higher than other teams....... probably because we can't poach them from other teams. lol.
          I mean... we let Serge and Marc walk because they wanted more money/term than we were willing to give. We poached Demarre Carrol, a then top 5 free agent (probably best at the position we needed). We’ve signed guys, retained guys, let guys walk, just like every other team. All of these things are a question of very specific circumstances and minor details of a given year and free agent class and salary cap situation that it frustrates me when I read something like this. The whole “I want a max free agent and I want one now!” mindset is simple minded and as I’ve said before, relates directly to the inferiority complex that many people on this board have.

          Comment


          • slaw wrote: View Post

            Should have a better sense of this once the first two rounds play out cause some good teams are going home but I agree that the Raptors value Lowry more than most teams and will likely be willing to do more for him than other front offices.
            Yeah, and it depends how close they get. Somebody needs to end up thinking they're 1 Kyle Lowry away from being the team they want to be. If Miami flames out in round 1, I could see them thinking they've got to do more than just add an ageing Lowry in exchange for multiple assets. If Philly almost gets there and realizes they're just short some playmaking and shooting, I think that's a good potential s+t partner. They could give up a couple pieces the Raptors would like and still have a contender with Lowry on board. Win-win potential there.

            So yeah, we'll see.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • Chris Paul turned the Suns from a lottery team to a top 2 team in the West.. now that doesn't mean Lowry will do the same thing. Paul is a guaranteed Hall of Famer.. but they play the game the same way.

              Lowry should have value.. would Lowry want to play for a team on the cusp of something.. but not quite there? Lowry could turn Minny into a playoff team. He could turn New Orleans into one (if they got rid of Bledsoe). Chicago would be better with Lowry.. they could definitely use someone like him.

              But I don't know if Lowry would just go somewhere. Paul had to prove he was worthy of a super max type contract at his age with OKC. Has Lowry proven that? I mean he should have, but he's under valued around the NBA. Maybe because he plays in Toronto and doesn't get the ESPN highlight videos. And most GM's are idiots.

              As for S&T deals, outside of Philly I'd included the Lakers and Clippers for obvious reasons. One of those teams are not winning it this year. If the Clippers call I want Zubac. If the Lakers, I'd probably hang up.. I hate their scrubs lol. And they gave all their picks to the Pelicans for Davis already.


              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post

                Yeah, and it depends how close they get. Somebody needs to end up thinking they're 1 Kyle Lowry away from being the team they want to be. If Miami flames out in round 1, I could see them thinking they've got to do more than just add an ageing Lowry in exchange for multiple assets. If Philly almost gets there and realizes they're just short some playmaking and shooting, I think that's a good potential s+t partner. They could give up a couple pieces the Raptors would like and still have a contender with Lowry on board. Win-win potential there.

                So yeah, we'll see.
                Philly losing to the Nets in the ECF is the ideal, I think, for pushing them towards SnT territory for Lowry. Enough success to want to bet big on the now, but falling short enough to want to add an established champion and quality vet rather than tweaking around the edges or betting on development.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Chris Paul turned the Suns from a lottery team to a top 2 team in the West.. now that doesn't mean Lowry will do the same thing. Paul is a guaranteed Hall of Famer.. but they play the game the same way.

                  Lowry should have value.. would Lowry want to play for a team on the cusp of something.. but not quite there? Lowry could turn Minny into a playoff team. He could turn New Orleans into one (if they got rid of Bledsoe). Chicago would be better with Lowry.. they could definitely use someone like him.

                  But I don't know if Lowry would just go somewhere. Paul had to prove he was worthy of a super max type contract at his age with OKC. Has Lowry proven that? I mean he should have, but he's under valued around the NBA. Maybe because he plays in Toronto and doesn't get the ESPN highlight videos. And most GM's are idiots.

                  As for S&T deals, outside of Philly I'd included the Lakers and Clippers for obvious reasons. One of those teams are not winning it this year. If the Clippers call I want Zubac. If the Lakers, I'd probably hang up.. I hate their scrubs lol. And they gave all their picks to the Pelicans for Davis already.

                  The Lakers do have a far distant 1st they can trade (2027, I think?). They'll also have the guy they draft in the 1st round this year (they have traded the pick so couldn't trade it at the deadline but protections will let them keep it and use it), but that means either some very early talks that could turn sour or just hoping the Raps like whoever the Lakers take. Otherwise, yeah, Lakers are a tough fit - THT is an RFA, so maybe a SnT there? Also will be tough to work a SnT with some of the salary matching via other SnT's because they will end up near the hard cap if they don't send back enough existing salary in the deal.

                  Clippers though, are an even poorer fit for a SnT. In the sense that there is basically no way to make it work. They project way over the hard cap so legally can't receive a player in a SnT. Unless they find a way to shed a LOT of salary, even before sending back matching salary for Lowry, mostly in deals we would have no interest in. Just not going to happen.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Way too fucking early to make predictions after two games in a 7 game series

                    I am watching this first game between Boston and BKN, as a NBA fan I would have wished that at least it is a leveled playing field with Jalen Brown healthy. I consider him as one of the best active wing defender of this league and he can definitely neutralize the firepower of the big 3. This may go back to Boston and I don’t doubt Mamba Tatum will explode in front of his home fans.

                    Looking so forward to the Mavs vs. Clips game though.

                    Comment


                    • Gasol winning his minutes so far
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • Nice start by Dallas so far

                        Kawhi very aggressive to start

                        Comment


                        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Gasol winning his minutes so far
                          oh losing them now
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                          Comment


                          • Luka throws down over "bitch ass white boy" morris. Dude is playing with a fire i havent seen from him.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                            Comment


                            • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Luka throws down over "bitch ass white boy" morris. Dude is playing with a fire i havent seen from him.
                              It is a wash between him and Kawhi...

                              Porzingis vs. George (a must)

                              Who else is the x-factor for each team could determine the series.

                              Both teams match up so well.

                              Rooting for Dallas

                              Comment


                              • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                                It is a wash between him and Kawhi...

                                Porzingis vs. George (a must)

                                Who else is the x-factor for each team could determine the series.

                                Both teams match up so well.

                                Rooting for Dallas
                                THJ and kleber are the x factor tn
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X