Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post
    More clownage from LeWhiner, he is NO ONE to look up to.

Report: LeBron James won't be suspended for protocols violation

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...ols-violation/

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James will not be suspended for violating the NBA's health and safety protocols, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

James attended a promotional event for a tequila brand for which he is an investor before the Lakers' play-in tournament game against the Golden State Warriors. Attendees had to produce proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test result and the league did not believe there was a significant risk of virus spread.

Players who fail to comply with the league's health and safety protocol are subject to warnings, fines or suspensions. Players who repeatedly break the rules could be subject to more severe discipline.

James has declined to say whether or not he has received the COVID-19 vaccine.

"Anything I do off the floor is predicated to my family, for the majority -- for 99.9 per cent of that," James said when asked if he has received a vaccine. "So it's about the health and safety of my family, and that's what it came down to.

"Me being available to my teammates on the floor is me taking care of my body. Me doing everything I can do to make sure I'm available both mentally, physically and spiritually, as well. But anything of that nature, that's all family talk."

After clinching the No. 7 seed, James and the Lakers will play the Western Conference's No. 2-seeded Phoenix Suns in Game 1 of their first-round series Sunday.
    LeBron OWNS the NBA.

Vaccine reluctance is the first time we are on the same page .

Comment

So the Knicks announced that they'll have 15,000 people in attendance for tonight's game. I'm guessing all NBA arenas will have full capacity next season. The Raptors on the other hand still doesn't know where they're going to play next season. If they're back in TO next season, how many fans are they going to allow?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
        So the Knicks announced that they'll have 15,000 people in attendance for tonight's game. I'm guessing all NBA arenas will have full capacity next season. The Raptors on the other hand still doesn't know where they're going to play next season. If they're back in TO next season, how many fans are they going to allow?
        Wont have to worry about it cause they’ll still be in Florida.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

I'm an optimist, and think they'll be playing in Toronto.

Regular season typically starts around Halloween - so about 5 months (150 days) from now. Ontario has administered 8 million doses so far, and it's been taking about 8 days for each million doses - so would suspect that the vast majority of the province/country will have at least one dose by that time, and a high percentage will have had both.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

LeBron OWNS the NBA.

Vaccine reluctance is the first time we are on the same page .
            Shows what a joke these Kabuki theatre, er, I mean, “health and safety” protocols are. How many seasons for players and teams were ruined or deeply affected by such nonsense? But Lebron is exempt cause playoffs. Government/NBA scientisming.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Uhh, no. It'll be back to sell-outs in Scotiabank arena in time for opening night.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Uhh, no. It'll be back to sell-outs in Scotiabank arena in time for opening night.
                Hopefully.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                  We can guess all we like, it's 5 months away. Every person over 12 who wants a vaccine will have it by the end of June.
                  There's a glut of vaccines available now and getting gluttier by the minute. Those 4 week waits for the second dose are gone, they are hurrying up the AstraZenica 2nd dose before the vaccines go bad and since there's no demand for the overall vaccines any longer, watch for those second dose scheduled to be rescheduled for earlier. So no longer Aug but July for instance.

In other words, everyone that wants a vaccination will have their SECOND dose by Aug/Sept = Raps will be playing in Toronto, the only question is partial or full house....still putting us FAR behind many US markets

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

We can guess all we like, it's 5 months away. Every person over 12 who wants a vaccine will have it by the end of June.
                    There's a glut of vaccines available now and getting gluttier by the minute. Those 4 week waits for the second dose are gone, they are hurrying up the AstraZenica 2nd dose before the vaccines go bad and since there's no demand for the overall vaccines any longer, watch for those second dose scheduled to be rescheduled for earlier. So no longer Aug but July for instance.

In other words, everyone that wants a vaccination will have their SECOND dose by Aug/Sept = Raps will be playing in Toronto, the only question is partial or full house....still putting us FAR behind many US markets
                    I dont think vaccinations will be the hold up ot is going to be the border. I mean realistically the border should open up once both countries have say 75% of pop vaccinated. But if they stall the border then the gov will have to make exemptions for pro sports teams. Which optically might look bad, or potentially have restriction on players when they are here, or schedule so teams come up like boston etc. And play both Toronto games at the same time which will be a headache schedule wise.
                    It's all going to be a big fuck around and I think talks about this have already started based on masai presser and him saying if the NBA has a team in another country they have to help figure out these logistics
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Robin Lopez has become Kareem with the hook
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Robin Lopez has become Kareem with the hook
                        Kareem's farts had more grace than a Lopez hook shot
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

is paul injured?

Comment

The Lakers are so bad without LeBron.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Go Suns, go CP!
                              Refs just gave Drummond a foul with absolutely ZERO contact.
                              #Corrupt NBA owned by China

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Portland Playoff Powell off to a slow start
                                Gotta wait til game 5 . Unrelated, but does anyone else find it sort of liberating to cheer randomly without having to first view it through a Raptors lens? (with the obvious caveat that we would love to have them there beating everyone)

Comment

Working...
                                X