Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Question:
    If Miami makes the moves to be able to offer Kyle 2/25M and the Raptors are willing to sign Kyle for 2/25M, where does he sign?
    Does he sign either place (or Philly) that offers the most in terms of dollars or term or does he give one or other the benefit if it's even close?
    It's a good question. I think he'd go to Miami all things being equal salary wise. He wants stability for his kids post NBA and Miami seems a more realistic city to put down roots. He will also make more due to no state income tax. Hard to argue we're closer to a title run.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

It's a good question. I think he'd go to Miami all things being equal salary wise. He wants stability for his kids post NBA and Miami seems a more realistic city to put down roots. He will also make more due to no state income tax. Hard to argue we're closer to a title run.
      I know the Heat made the Finals last season, but if they lose in the first round this season, I wonder if it will make Lowry think harder about going there.

Comment

Heat culture.

Comment

I don't think Lowry is stupid to go to Heat. They are not contenders.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Buck 22 threes and lead the Heat 2-0
              Bucks getting hot at the right time it appears

Comment

The Bucks blew out the Raptors in game 2 in 2019 after narrowly beating the Raptors in game 1. We saw what happened after that. So I'm not totally counting out the Heat yet. The Bucks still have Bud as a coach. But yeah that was a beat down last night.

I went to bed at halftime of the Nugs/Blazers game, but man Lillard was on fire. He hit 8 3's that quarter. And should have had more but McCollum kept screwing it up. Jokic is awesome. The Nuggets are playing without Murray and Barton and Jokic finds a way. Deserving of the MVP trophy for sure.

Still rooting for Norm, but playing behind Dame and CJ means he's not getting the ball. And that could mean his next contract goes down in value. Hope he has a good agent.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  I don't think Lowry is stupid to go to Heat. They are not contenders.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but Kyle didn't list "contender on his prerequisite. He listed dollars and term.....bank account is running low u know

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The Bucks blew out the Raptors in game 2 in 2019 after narrowly beating the Raptors in game 1. We saw what happened after that. So I'm not totally counting out the Heat yet. The Bucks still have Bud as a coach. But yeah that was a beat down last night.

I went to bed at halftime of the Nugs/Blazers game, but man Lillard was on fire. He hit 8 3's that quarter. And should have had more but McCollum kept screwing it up. Jokic is awesome. The Nuggets are playing without Murray and Barton and Jokic finds a way. Deserving of the MVP trophy for sure.

Still rooting for Norm, but playing behind Dame and CJ means he's not getting the ball. And that could mean his next contract goes down in value. Hope he has a good agent.

Think you are giving the Heat a lot of credit comparing their situation to that Raptors team. But you are right, the Bud factor is always lurking.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but Kyle didn't list "contender on his prerequisite. He listed dollars and term.....bank account is running low u know
                      He said a lot of stuff, way more than that one sound bite. He definitely listed winning as one of his many considerations.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Would Miami lose Dragic to take Lowry? I believe in order to have cap space they have to renounce Dragic's cap hold. He's older but still has a lot to give.. he was one of the best players last night for them. And I doubt he'd come back for the room mid-level which is all they'd have if they use cap space on Lowry.

I really don't think Miami will make that swap. Or I'd be surprised if Dragic came back for such a low amount.. but maybe he's okay with that?

Miami needs way more than Kyle Lowry anyway. I mean Dedmon is playing a lot of minutes for them. I would think a starting caliber center would be a more desirable target.

The Olynyk/Oladipo trade really did not work out that well for them lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I agree with you about the Bucks BUT Jimmy looks shook. That is their best player. It isn't like Kawhi where the man was a darn robot.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Would Miami lose Dragic to take Lowry? I believe in order to have cap space they have to renounce Dragic's cap hold. He's older but still has a lot to give.. he was one of the best players last night for them. And I doubt he'd come back for the room mid-level which is all they'd have if they use cap space on Lowry.

I really don't think Miami will make that swap. Or I'd be surprised if Dragic came back for such a low amount.. but maybe he's okay with that?

Miami needs way more than Kyle Lowry anyway. I mean Dedmon is playing a lot of minutes for them. I would think a starting caliber center would be a more desirable target.

The Olynyk/Oladipo trade really did not work out that well for them lol
                            They may have to honestly to sign him straight up but I don't think they would want to do that.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He said a lot of stuff, way more than that one sound bite. He definitely listed winning as one of his many considerations.
                              I think lowry coming back is a 50/50 thing. It really depends on what happens during the draft with us.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think lowry coming back is a 50/50 thing. It really depends on what happens during the draft with us.
                                I think it depends on the draft among many other things, but I agree with your assessment that it's essentially a complete unknown, total coin toss.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X