No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game was lost when JV sat at the end of the 3rd, they went on a 10-0 run and griz never recovered, otherwise would have been a 4-6 affair. Really enjoying watching the griz play.

Comment

• Luka, Ja, Trae --- prove that guards dominate the league.
      We better get one in this draft.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        The Raptors Championship Roster was a solid defensive team. Nick Nurse fully maximize them their individual strengths. Kyle carried out that vision on the court.

I fully agree that Marc/ Danny and most especially Kawhi were the missing pieces to allow a Kyle Lowry led team to go over the hump.

Marc
        Siakam
        Kawhi
        Green
        Lowry

Serge
        Powell
        Van Vleet
        OG (was injured)
        Boucher

However even how the Raptors were potent defensively, a healthy Warriors roster may have change the outcome of Game 6 and potentially Game 7 of that series. But Raps winning all 4 games in Golden State in front of that raucous crowd was a feat.

Kyle Lowry was the maestro who elevated everyone else’s game. Having a very dynamic player who had a tempered approach of the game especially when all seems lost like Kawhi made it easier.

It was match made in heaven.
        Seems like a terrible loss to let him go. Personally I think he's back.

Comment

• I appreciate how Kawhi contributed to the Raptors and I do not dislike the man but I would be telling a lie if I said I didn't enjoy watching him fail in the playoffs now for the second straight year. Its more about how the media framed the Raptors chip as a fluke and/or Kawhi did it all himself and it was all a stupid gamble that paid off. He hasn't seemed to have been able to win by himself before or after his cup of coffee with the Raptors.

I wonder if he has any regrets at all about leaving? Based on how last year went, the Raptors could have repeated and now this year been a serious contender to win it a third time in a row. He could have still headed out for LA this off-season but with a lot more hardware.

Comment

• Also, Luka is amazing. Its hard to believe he's only 22 years old.

Comment

Dan I prohibit you wearing Lawrence Frank hat for now....but just be a normal Capsologist Expert of this forum...

I think it is doable especially if they sign Kawhi for the max and for some otherworldly reason he decide to be traded to the Raptors, the close to 50 million salary plus the 7 million per of Zubac would compensate all the salaries going their way with Siakam 33 million, Van Vleet 19.6 million and Boucher’s 7 million. The 2021 FRP, 2022 FRP and 2 SRPs from the Raptors would be way more than enough versus what they will get if they rid of George instead of Kawhi.

Raptors can still sign Kyle Lowry with their salary cap, then hopefully Norm with his value now plummeting may consider the MLE.

Zubac
              OG
              Kawhi
              Norm
              Lowry

Birch
              Flynn
              Yuta
              Watson
              Bembry
              Harris
              Bi-annual Exception
              You missed my point entirely. They are lined up for a historic tax bill. If they lose Kawhi and also take back equivalent salary, they are now lined up for a historic tax bill for a vastly inferior team. They would have no interest in that. The whole point I was making is if they are losing Kawhi, they should be trading PG for value and getting under the tax.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You missed my point entirely. They are lined up for a historic tax bill. If they lose Kawhi and also take back equivalent salary, they are now lined up for a historic tax bill for a vastly inferior team. They would have no interest in that. The whole point I was making is if they are losing Kawhi, they should be trading PG for value and getting under the tax.
                Let me be clear, it would be impossible for Kawhi to consider going back to Toronto. I was just responding to deaner’s post and I thought I will do it in heart beat to do a sign and trade especially both teams have the incentives of doing it.

You seem to be contradicting with what you said before, people should be staying away from talking absolutes. I hear what you are saying about them being lined for a historic tax bill but we are talking about Steve Ballmer the billionaire or if I’m not mistaken the sole owner of the Clippers. That being said, the CBA does not restrict them of doing the trade. It is a matter of them eating the significant luxury tax penalty. They still would be paying the same penalty if they sign Kawhi the max.

It is hard to say that they would be an inferior team when it is all said and done. They are getting three players, retain Paul George, at the very least a top seven 2021 FRP, a 2022 FRP and two 2021 SRPs. That’s a massive haul from the Raptors. Again as I stated, I highly doubt that whatever they gave up for Paul George to OKC, they won’t be getting that same value if they rid of him instead of Kawhi. Time don’t stand still after those moves, they still can flip those assets, still trade Paul George as a result rewrite their tax situation AND change their direction.

The major incentive is to refill those cartridges with 4 draft picks, one of which is a top 7 or better. Or the Raptors can just stay put, consider another avenue, have the same assets to retool without the shining object who once gave them their one and only chip.

Comment

Let me be clear, it would be impossible for Kawhi to consider going back to Toronto. I was just responding to deaner’s post and I thought I will do it in heart beat to do a sign and trade especially both teams have the incentives of doing it.

You seem to be contradicting with what you said before, people should be staying away from talking absolutes. I hear what you are saying about them being lined for a historic tax bill but we are talking about Steve Ballmer the billionaire or if I’m not mistaken the sole owner of the Clippers. That being said, the CBA does not restrict them of doing the trade. It is a matter of them eating the significant luxury tax penalty. They still would be paying the same penalty if they sign Kawhi the max.

It is hard to say that they would be an inferior team when it is all said and done. They are getting three players, retain Paul George, at the very least a top seven 2021 FRP, a 2022 FRP and two 2021 SRPs. That’s a massive haul from the Raptors. Again as I stated, I highly doubt that whatever they gave up for Paul George to OKC, they won’t be getting that same value if they rid of him instead of Kawhi. Time don’t stand still after those moves, they still can flip those assets, still trade Paul George as a result rewrite their tax situation AND change their direction.

The major incentive is to refill those cartridges with 4 draft picks, one of which is a top 7 or better. Or the Raptors can just stay put, consider another avenue, have the same assets to retool without the shining object who once gave them their one and only chip.
                  Wow, you'll need to point me to where I said they couldn't make the trade. I said right from the start that it's a trade they WOULDN'T make. And LOL no, even Steve Ballmer would not.

I understand the logic behind the trade. And no, they would not do it.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Wow, you'll need to point me to where I said they couldn't make the trade. I said right from the start that it's a trade they WOULDN'T make. And LOL no, even Steve Ballmer would not.

I understand the logic behind the trade. And no, they would not do it.
                    Lol...you are not a billionaire with lose pockets...that we both can agree on.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                      Luka, Ja, Trae --- prove that guards dominate the league.
                      Embiid, Gobert, Jokic, Davis, Giannis...still helps to be tall. You can kind of spin in both ways

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                        Luka, Ja, Trae --- prove that guards dominate the league.
                        Not necessarily guards, but playmakers & shot creators.

Comment

• Yeah I mean the NBA is inarguably more perimeter and guard oriented now, but at the same time a skilled player is dominant because they're a skilled player, regardless of size or position, kind of like always.

One shift is PG's becoming scoring guards. There was always the argument that it's really hard to win if your best player is a traditional passing PG. Seems easier if your best player is also your best scorer, the guy you go to in this crunch playoff moments that the whole season invariably comes down to. Can work otherwise but it's easier if your best player is your best finisher, for sure.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Embiid, Gobert, Jokic, Davis, Giannis...still helps to be tall. You can kind of spin in both ways
                            Jokic is a different breed.
                            other than him, all the bigs in that list still relies on a playmaking guard.
                            Simmons is the engine that runs the 76ers offense.

In our case, we can not have Pascal be that engine.
                            Our guards are good, but they're no alphas.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not necessarily guards, but playmakers & shot creators.
                              Yup, definitely.
                              Those 3 are today's youngest dynamic playmakers and shot creators.

Comment

• Ja Morant has the “it” factor. A demeanor I noticed not cocky but oozing of confidence and having that attitude that he belongs among the best of the game.

Sky is the limit for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X