Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Did Powell think this was game 5 or something?
    ya exchange rate messsed him up. game 4 in USD=5 in CDN
    Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sat May 29, 2021, 11:33 PM.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I'm trying to think of a dillion beooks comparison for hows he playing right now but I cant think of anything. Like a uber athletic danny green maybe?
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        I'm trying to think of a dillion beooks comparison for hows he playing right now but I cant think of anything. Like a uber athletic danny green maybe?
        Gotta be honest, I had no idea he had all this in his bag.

Conley and Mitchell both deadly putting JV in the Gobert pick and roll. JV has to hang back and they just have way too much space & time before the Memphis guard fights through the screen.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Shout out to playoff Norm, cool to see the fans chanting his name there.
          And this Bucks team running the table on the Heat, wow that's why we tanked; Masai must have thought no sense in getting rolled 4-0 in the first round.

*Philly could easily sweep too.
          Last edited by G__Deane; Sun May 30, 2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Shout out to playoff Norm, cool to see the fans chanting his name there.
            And this Bucks team running the table on the Heat, wow that's why we tanked; Masai must have thought no sense in getting rolled 4-0 in the first round.

*Philly could easily sweep too.
            Yes how incredibly dumb would it have been to make the playoffs just to get our shit kicked in and end up with a way worse draft pick. Masai knows what he's doing.

Comment

• Mike Conley is the complete definition of a pure PG. He is absolutely killing the Grizzlies in this series especially in the pick and roll. JV has been a liability in this series.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yes how incredibly dumb would it have been to make the playoffs just to get our shit kicked in and end up with a way worse draft pick. Masai knows what he's doing.
                Maybe we get swept.. but it's hard to say. We rarely put together a full healthy roster this season. And when we did, it was Baynes that was our starting center not Birch. If we had a full healthy roster, and played our main guys (including Boucher) 40mpg we could possibly get by Philly. And we might beat the Nets in a few games.. that one is harder to say. We match up well against them and Nurse is a maestro.

Either way if we all think we'd get swept in embarrassing fashion this year, than we probably either miss the playoffs again next year, or we make it and lose in the first round. A first round pick, even a #1 pick overall rarely makes a big difference in year 1. And we could lose one of our best players in free agency on top of it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Maybe we get swept.. but it's hard to say. We rarely put together a full healthy roster this season. And when we did, it was Baynes that was our starting center not Birch. If we had a full healthy roster, and played our main guys (including Boucher) 40mpg we could possibly get by Philly. And we might beat the Nets in a few games.. that one is harder to say. We match up well against them and Nurse is a maestro.

Either way if we all think we'd get swept in embarrassing fashion this year, than we probably either miss the playoffs again next year, or we make it and lose in the first round. A first round pick, even a #1 pick overall rarely makes a big difference in year 1. And we could lose one of our best players in free agency on top of it.
                  Yeah we're not going to be a contender next season. Getting back to the championship will be a multi-year process, Masai said as much. Hence why signing Lowry makes no sense, we need the minutes for development for guys that will be here when we're back in the championship window.

I do think we will make the playoffs, probably as a 5 or 6 seed, just because the east sucks and Nurse is a crazy good coach and we aren't devoid of talent. I think 2nd round of the playoffs is as far as we'd go next season. That's fine though, that's one trade away from title town.

Comment

Yeah we're not going to be a contender next season. Getting back to the championship will be a multi-year process, Masai said as much. Hence why signing Lowry makes no sense, we need the minutes for development for guys that will be here when we're back in the championship window.

I do think we will make the playoffs, probably as a 5 or 6 seed, just because the east sucks and Nurse is a crazy good coach and we aren't devoid of talent. I think 2nd round of the playoffs is as far as we'd go next season. That's fine though, that's one trade away from title town.
                    I'm not saying they will be a championship contender.. but you just stated previously that you're glad they didn't make the playoffs because they would have gotten their shit kicked in if they did. If you think that would happen this year, then it will definitely happen again next year.. even as the 6th seed. I mean Miami was the 6th seed this year and got their shit kicked in.

So you think this team without Lowry could beat the Bucks, Nets or 76ers next year? That would probably have to happen to get to the 2nd round. I think they would struggle against the Hawks as well. So even as the 5th seed would probably not make it to the second round.

If you are hoping Lowry is gone, then that probably means you are pro tanking for at least another year. Nothing wrong with that.. but I'd rather try to win in the short term. So I'm hoping Lowry stays.

Comment

• Raptors and Heat won the same amount of playoff games this year.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Some glass half full sentiments here.

The top 3 teams are Nets, Bucks and the Hinkies.
                        After that it’s pretty even ... The Heat are not that good. Neither are the Chowders. The Hawks look to be moving up the ladder but have to figure out what they are going to do with Collins...if they commit they are capped out for a while. The Knicks are also playing well and on the way up but they have the same decision..do they commit to Randle ? I hope they do. Randle is Demar.

The Raps are in the mix of those teams. Anywhere from 4 to 6. Ujiri fucked up this year on wether or not to pay Serge and the penance for that was Baynes. There are more theories on Lowry staying at the trade deadline than complaints of lousy service from Bell or Rogers help desks. I think he whiffed..others say no.

Regardless the Raps will be better next year for a number of reasons.

They get to play at home in front of fans and will have a few guys with a full tank of gas post contracting Covid.

The Lowry debate is a winner either way. Either he stays and gives us another season of above average play even at age 35 or we S&T him for more assets we play or package up for aggregate gains.

We will get a net new talent via a high draft pick we get to keep for 7 years at no cost.

We will have better play at the 5 spot regardless.

Glass is half full and rising.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun May 30, 2021, 01:56 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Randle is atrocious. Siakam is way better than this guy - and you know what I feel about Siakam.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm not saying they will be a championship contender.. but you just stated previously that you're glad they didn't make the playoffs because they would have gotten their shit kicked in if they did. If you think that would happen this year, then it will definitely happen again next year.. even as the 6th seed. I mean Miami was the 6th seed this year and got their shit kicked in.

So you think this team without Lowry could beat the Bucks, Nets or 76ers next year? That would probably have to happen to get to the 2nd round. I think they would struggle against the Hawks as well. So even as the 5th seed would probably not make it to the second round.

If you are hoping Lowry is gone, then that probably means you are pro tanking for at least another year. Nothing wrong with that.. but I'd rather try to win in the short term. So I'm hoping Lowry stays.

Hoping Lowry is gone is not pro tanking, that's nonsense. Tanking is purposefully losing to try and get the top seed. We aren't doing that. I'm pro giving developmental minutes to young players so we can potentially win a championship again in a few years. Lowry will take away crucial minutes we need for Trent, Flynn, Harris, and our draft picks. Keeping Lowry forces us to play FVV out of position at SG. I firmly believe that without Lowry we are still a top 6 team in the East. Lowry is not a good fit with FVV because they are both starting PG who are too small for SG. One has to go, and I prefer the older one goes because we need a few years of development.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Mike Conley is the complete definition of a pure PG. He is absolutely killing the Grizzlies in this series especially in the pick and roll. JV has been a liability in this series.
                              If Conley were still playing for Memphis, JV would average in the upper 20s.
                              There has been so many times JV was open and the Grizzlies guards would just ignore him.

Comment

• There's some life in the presumed-corpse of Marc Gasol today.

Comment

Working...
                                X